cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed yesterday,angry today!!

7 REPLIES 7
Katykookabura

Re: Diagnosed yesterday,angry today!!

Good luck for tomorrow Netty.My hospital experience twice in last two months was a good one. The Consultants and Doctors and Nurses were blooming marvellous ! I could not have had better care than if I was private patient. Hope you have equally as good. Keep positive and let everyone make a fuss of you !
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jenn72
the anger lasts awhile and then the determination kicks in, i was diagnosed with BC in my right breast and in my lymph nodes on 4th feb, i go in for surgery tomorrow. And between those dates i have gone from one emotion to the other. i am now on mix of nerves, fear and sheer blooming mindedness!!!
i have found this forum a real help, just 5 mins on here having a read and natter, makes me feel less lonely - so make use of this forum and the people on here as it will help to keep you sane.

i wish you all the best while you try to come to terms with whats going on... try to keep smiling

hugs
Netty xx
Katykookabura

Hi Jen, I was angry too at the beginning as had tough couple of years having both my knees replaced which was major surgery then developed a condition called Lichen Scleorus ( won't go into details here but anyone interested can look it up) In September and it flared up as I was due to go into hospital a second time for removal of my breast tumour to get a wider excision as first time they did not get one . When I got news I had breast cancer just before Christmas I was expecting it but when I had surgery it really hit me and I came home and was upset but more angry than anything as like you I was still getting over knee surgery . It gets better as despite everything I always think there is someone out there worse than me. You will struggle but as Chascat says once you have a plan in place it gets better. Take care, found a stiff G & T works wonders!!!! .
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you x I have my treatment plan, a lumpectomy in April followed by radiotherapy. Your right my emotions are all over the place at the moment, feel really humble with all the love and support from my family and friends and at the same time feel angry and guilty that they're also going through pain. I normally get through my problems by 'getting on with life' but am so struggling at the moment, I will get there x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi. I was dx 5 years ago and this is the worst time for you. I know I felt as though...this is it. But that's a long time ago. I've come through all the treatment chemo etc and am now here to enjoy life again. You will get through it.
Take care x
chascat

Hi Jenn72, so sorry you find yourself here. I was diagnosed 14 months ago and was completely numb, fear, disbelief, dispair, anger, i could go on and on. Do you know what your treatment plan is yet? You'll find things calm down a little once you have a plan in place but until then the waiting is horrendous. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
take care
Lydia x

Janet_BCC

Hi Jenn72

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure other members will soon be along to offer some support.

You could also give our helpline a call to talk over how you are feeling. They can offer information and support. Opening hours are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Diagnosed yesterday,angry today!!

Hi all as my subject says i was diagnosed yesterday and felt completely numb, like it wasnt happening to me, but iv woke up this morning feeling so angry. I would imagine this is normal but thought id take this opportunity to introduce myself and speak to people who are going through the same things. I think whats upset me most is that i have had severe gynae problems for about 15 years and have finally got them under control so i can lead a normal life, now as my cancer is sensitive to hormones i have to stop all my gynae medicines, its so frustrating!