Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed yesterday

7 REPLIES 7
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Diagnosed yesterday

thankyou Thanks for all your messages of support the weekend is really dragging.My husband is being fantastic but we haven' t told anyone else yet I want to know what we are dealing with first.
Its amazing how concious I am of my breast normally I just dont think about them but every time I catch it of brush against something I am super aware dont know what thats all about.I feel as if I have millions of questions that need answering and am so frustrated at this limbo state.
Thanks Beth

Guest user
Not applicable

Beth Hi Beth

Welcome to the site - so sorry you're here, but believe me you're amongst friends who understand totally what you're going through.

I was diagnosed on 4th April, my tumour is in the lower part of my breast and measures 5cm, which is obviously quite large, so I'm in for 5 months of chemo, followed by a complete mastectomy. I too was devastated at this news, but have now come to terms with it, and have made my Surgeon promise that when he gives me a reconstruction he takes the excess wobbly bits from my tummy - hence not only do I get a new boob, but a flatter stomach into the bargain !

You will have good days and bad days but as long as you have a great support network (believe me, you certainly find out who your true friends are!) you WILL get through this.

Not only that, we're all here for you too, and if you fancy a stiff drink my sweet, then you damned well have one - or two or three !

Stay in touch, and let us know how you are getting on.

Lots of love, and a big hug

Julie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beth

Sorry that you have had to join us but you will get great support. My lump was just to the side of my right nipple, a little of it was behind the nipple as the tumour started in the duct. The tumour was 15 mm and my surgeon managed to get it all out with good clear margins by doing a lumpectomy. Now also 9 months on you would be hard pushed to find the scar, if fact when I went for radiotherapy I had to show them where it was. This is the worse time, waiting for results but I promise it does get easier.
Keep posting and let us all know how you are getting on.

Love and hugs
Geraldine

BCC_Host

Resources Pack Dear Betsy

I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I am sure you will continue to receive lots of helpful advice and support from the other forum users,
Breast Cancer Care have recently published a Resources Pack which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can download it from the following link

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

You are also welcome to contact our freephone helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you are able to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment. The line is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind Regards
Forum Host

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Besty So sorry to hear your news...so glad you have found this site tho...i have DCIS behind my nipple and further into my breast...this is grade 0 but i am having a mastectomy on the 20th may with immediate reconstruction....i think the size of the tumour and grade decide the surgical option...mine is size of area involved...
Your GP was fantastic...thank god for the rapid referral....it took me 18 months with discharge, lump and inverted nipple and 3 consultants!!!!wishing you all the luck in the world for the rest of your journey...bcpals website is very useful too...
I cant remeber how many stiff drinks ive consumed!!
Love Anna xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Beth I'm a new member as well, and have been told I will definately need to have a mastectomy, but the consultant also emphasised that I can ask as many questions and have as much control as I need.

She suggested I write them down for my planning appountment next week.

Have you met a breast care nurse yet-mine's coming round to see me next week, and seems like she will be a huge support.

I've decided not to expect to much of myself at the moment, so am embracing being a wreck.

Best wishes,

India1

Guest user
Not applicable

Diagnosed yesterday I am so glad to have found this site.
I was refered to the breast clinic on Monday by my GP as my left nipple had suddenly inverted itself and he was concerned about it.
The appointment yesterday confirmed that there was a tumour immediatley behind the nipple and that it is cancerous and grade three.
I have an appointment for a scan on Tuesday to see if there is any spread but am basically a wreck.This week has been a complete blur I dont seem to be able to keep my mind focused at all.The doctor yesterday said that as long as there is no spread I will be looking at surgery with in a fortnight and that because of the location it will probably be mastectomy.
I am desperate to keep my breast is there no option with tumours behind the nipple?Has anyone had a tumour in this situation gone on to keep their breast..I am desperate for rmore information and feel completely in limbo.This is definatley the first weekend I have wished was not here.
I feel a stiff drink coming on tonight.
Thankyou Beth

Guest user
Not applicable

Diagnosed yesterday

Diagnosed yesterday