cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosed yesterday

14 REPLIES 14
pandorra1

Re: Diagnosed yesterday

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on. Masses of xxxxxx

Chez666

Ps Sharon, good luck for tomorrow x x
13gerbera

Hi Pandora, I get my results tomorrow so hope it will be straight on to radiotherapy (don't we all!).  

The lovely ladies (and occasional gent!) on here are all wonderful and I've learned masses from them, not to mention feeling like I have supportive friends here.  There hasn't been a single question or concern that they haven't been able to address for me, and all done with great humour Smiley Happy  I'm sure everyone will help you as much as we can too

xx

Sharon

pandorra1

Hi Sharon, so pleased to hear you are recovering really well. Do you have a date for results?  I am new to this site and so grateful to be able to share our concerns/tips, anything that helps us all.  Take care lol xxx

pandorra1

I believe that if you can continue to work it really helps.  I worked up to my surgery on 27th and I was very lucky to be amongst such caring people. You will be fine and with this great forum we will all be together. I have had a couple of people askin how am I managing to get over the next few weeks  (my results are on 20th feb), but we do manage, dont we. Love and xxxxxx

pandorra1

Hi, i had my first surgery 27th jan, so 1 week today and not too bad. Had the wire and blue dye, and couple of lymph nodes taken. Apparently i had a small  area of cells so hence the guide wire. Have to wait until 20th feb for next step. It's the waiting isn't it, but what will be will be and I  hope I can keep at least some of this courage which I  have.  Hope to get back to work, maybe next week which will be 2 weeks, but only if  I  can drive. So grateful for this forum, where we can give strength to one anothet. Masses of love and everything we need to all. Xx

@13gerbera wrote:

Hi Sunflower, 

I had my lumpectomy (and had wire too) on Monday and am recovering really well and surprisingly quickly. In fact I have been able to carry on as normal right from the next day (other than not lifting anything heavy of course).  I hope yours goes as well, sure it will

Take care

xx

Sharon

13gerbera

Hi Sunflower, 

I had my lumpectomy (and had wire too) on Monday and am recovering really well and surprisingly quickly. In fact I have been able to carry on as normal right from the next day (other than not lifting anything heavy of course).  I hope yours goes as well, sure it will

Take care

xx

Sharon

Sunflower57

Hi LoeyB TKU for your response Hope your op went well Hope to hear you are recovering well soon xx
Hi 13gerbera TKU for your welcome & kind words
I will be having a lumpectomy on Friday 13 February 😁 They asked if I was superstitious How unlucky can it be??? I've got to go to the hospital on 12th to have an injection & a wire inserted so the surgeon can find the lump which is right at the back I'm due to see the Cancer nurse on Wednesday. My last day at work will be Weds 11 Feb Some people at work have asked why I'm still at work I've told them I don't feel sick or unwell and need "normality" and want to leave things tidy in case someone els needs to carry put my role whilst I'm off work
Chez666

Hello loeb, hope op has gone well following the operation today (am assuming you won't be reading again pre op) and take it easy as you have had a double shock to deal with, love and hugs x x
LoeyB

Hi Sunflower57, I know exactly how you are feeling (literally) I was diagnosed on Friday (23 Jan) with a rare one too, mucinous type, I also lost my Mum on Christmas Day, I just feel my world has fallen apart at the moment and this really isn't happening to me.
This is also my first post on here. I'm 41 & I found a lump, so was referred to the breast clinic, and had mammogram, ultrasound & biopsies taken. It was such a shock when the told me that it was in 2 areas as I only felt 1 lump. So I am booked in for a mastectomy later today(29th) with delayed reconstruction, (hence I'm wide awake at silly o'clock, as I'm getting nervous)
13gerbera

Hi Sunflower, so very sorry you've had to join our horrible club, but it has the world's best members and we'll all do our best to help you and just to be here when you want to chat/moan/whinge/ask questions or just to distract yourself with a bit of dark humour 🙂

This first stage is a bit overwhelming even if the rest of your life is perfect but following so soon from the loss of your Mum must be so hard.  Time to take the very best care of yourself that you can and I wish you well for your meeting with the consultant.

xx

Sharon

Sunflower57

Hi Road Runner & Lucy TKU for your responses I've been into work today & have been given so many hugs & offers of help & support when I have the op I'm lucky to have lots of lovely friends & glad I've found this support forum xx
RoadRunner

Hi Sunflower57,

I had to reply to you, to offer my sympathy, as my mum died of cancer just three weeks before I was diagnosed, and it was such a difficult time.  This is eight years ago now, so long in the past, but I remember being so shell-shocked from it all.  I had friends who had lost their parents, and friends who had had breast cancer, but no-one I knew had both, so I felt very alone in that.  My children were teenagers at the time, and I was trying to run a household and stay strong for them.  I used to cry in the shower in the morning, I'm not really sure whether I was crying for my mum or for myself - both I expect.  I can remember being wheeled to the operating theatre for the mastectomy in tears.  Everyone would have assumed I was crying about my surgery, but in fact I was crying for the loss of my mum, but I couldn't tell them that as to say the words out loud would have left me a sobbing wreck.

I had some counselling from a local cancer charity, it was arranged through the hospital.  I'm not sure the actual counselling itself helped (ie what the counsellor said to me), but it certainly helped to have an hour a week that was mine, a safe place where could say what I felt without worrying about the effect it would have on the listener.

Lucy_BCC

Hi Sunflower57 and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along with support for you very soon and in addition, our helpliners are on hand 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays with practical and emotional support for you so please give them a call to talk things through. Helpline number 0808 800 6000

Here's a ink to the BCC 'just diagnosed' pages where you will find information and further support ideas which I hope you will find helpful during this difficult time:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Sunflower57

Diagnosed yesterday

Hi Im in a state of shock if I'm honest, following a routine mammogram & biopsy last week, yesterday I was diagnosed yesterday with Papillary breast cancer, which apparently is very rare - 1-2% of breast cancers are this type. My mum, had a double mastectomy 10 years ago. Sadly Mum passed away on 29 Dec, not from the cancer, but it's been a cr@p start to 2015! I have an appointment on Friday with the surgeon to arrange surgery date. Sorry to ramble, but I thought the forum members would be able to give advice & support.