Diagnosed yesterday

So yesterday i was diagnosed with having Invasive ductal grade 2 b/c, i feel numb, shock, stunned, having to tell family & friends & support them while they breakdown, havnt done that myself yet, if i ever will? 

I’m having a lumpectomy on 30th dec, i was offered the 24th but i wanted to spend Christmas with my husband & children, & i have to go to another hospital the morning of my operation that is 20 miles away for sentinel node dye to be injected  then travel back to other hospital for surgery.

I haven’t slepted properly for 2 nights now & when i do eat, l’m running to the bathroom, my stomachs like a washing machine, I’m so tired, & scared it could of spread, just wanted to share my feelings, im sure there’s loads of ladies that feel like myself, but i feel very isolated at the moment trying to be brave for everyone else, im seeing my b/c nurse monday morning to have a chat with her (maybe i should go alone at the moment my

hubby & daughter are coming also) 

Hi Boxerbaby,
I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My Mum has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and it is devastating but you have to try to think what they can do nowadays.
My Mums consultant has said hers is very treatable thank god.
I’m sure your cancer hasn’t spread, I know easy for me to say but I have the same worries about my Mum but deep down I know it hasn’t xx

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you have come to the right place, we have been through it.  A good decision to pospone your op until after Christmas, though I bet it will be hard to enjoy it.  It’s hard, but you don’t have to support anyone, they should support you!  The hospital thing sounds a right pain, travelling from one to the other, but the surgery with the dye and stuff is a complicated business I was lucky and had it all in one place.  The anasthetic was the worse for me, I was surprised at how easy the surgery was, but I was very ‘hung over’ from the anasthetic for a couple of days.  Having someone with you at the hospital is good, they can remember stuff you can’t, but sometimes you do need to chat to someone just by yourself, so you are not worried about someone else’s feelings.  The advice is to put yourself first, and that is not easy for some of us!

So sorry you have found yourself here but you will get lots of support from ladies in the same situation.
I also had to travel for the node injection…I was petrified! But I was in the room about 2 minutes and its a tiny injection that just touches the surface.
The beginning of your journey with cancer is the worst, waiting for your op, waiting for results…but it will get easier for you and you will soon feel back in control.
I had a mastectomy about 8 weeks ago…luckily my nodes were clear so I only needed radiotherapy which ive finished and im now taking tamoxifen tablets for 5 years.
The operation wasnt as bad as you imagine it to be I was in and out the same day!
I preferred to go to my appointments alone but I never remembered anything I was told so had to ring my breast care nurse afterwards…its personal preference whatever is best for you.
I also felt in the early days that I was the one supporting all my loved ones, I felt I had to be strong for them!
You will go through lots of emotions in the next few weeks but you will get through it and its great to be able to come on here and get support or advice.
Hope you can enjoy christmas with your family and let us know how your lumpectomy goes.
((((Hugs)))) xx

Well done Boxerbaby!!!

I’m so happy you don’t need further treatment! We all cope and get through it in the end. Love your reaction to the surgeon! I think if I had done that, I may have crushed the poor bloke!

Lots of love, Mel. X