Diagnosis before biopsy results

Hi everyone
A newby poster here. I was referred to the breast clinic on Friday after finding puckering on my breast. I was given a mammogram and then an ultrasound as they found a lump within my breast. They have taken a biopsy and I get the results this coming Friday but I saw at least 3 people who all said it is cancer
I always thought that it couldn’t be diagnosed without the biopsy results so I’m guessing the results will tell me the grade and stage will they?
It’s not sunk in at all yet, I just don’t know what to think!

Hi Dio,
Sorry to hear you’re going through this. Sometimes they can have a pretty good idea from the mammo & ultrasound, however, the biopsy will confirm the diagnosis, which includes the grade & they have an idea of stage from the ultrasound, although this usually isn’t properly finalised until the nodes have been biopsied - usually in surgery later.
Although this is a horribly anxious time, if it is confirmed, the good thing is it has been picked up & can now be dealt with. Loads of us have been through it & are now back to life as normal.
There’s plenty of support here, so do come back whenever you need to & let us know how you get on.
ann x

Thanks so much Ann. I’ve been so confused about it. I’ve tried to just read things on proper forums and websites and not just randomly Google as that can bring up all sorts of awful things. I know I will find out alot more on Friday but I feel I can’t plan anything going forward until I do. I can see from this forum that the wait can be a very anxious time so I feel less alone now. Thank you ?