cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diep AFTER liposuction

Highlighted

Diep AFTER liposuction

Hi all

Not expecting too many replies as I know this is quite a rare situation but has anyone gone on to have a diep reconstruction after previously having liposuction to the abdomen. I had lat Dorsi reconstruction done 2 years ago which has now failed and am now having to look at other options. I have had a scan to check condition of blood vessels just waiting for results. Feel like I am stuck and don't know which way to go x

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hello Shazmo.

Had my surgery 2 years ago,a year before that had double mastectomy,using implants,liposuction,strattice and silicone implants.They both failed,so had the DIEP....other than seroma,there wasn't a problem with the surgery.💓💞💓

Highlighted

Hi jillybee

Thankyou so much for replying. That is very reassuring to hear that you had no problems. I had liposuction twice in the abdomen for the  lipofilling after the lat dorsi reconstruction and my surgeon has said that he has never gone on to do a diep on someone who has had previous lipo in the abdomen so was just feeling a bit concerned about whether to go ahead and take the risk. The scan has come back and it looks like my blood vessels are intact but there is a bit of scarring there. I think I am going to go ahead as I don't feel i have many other options. Did you have your surgery a while ago? 

Highlighted

I had DIEP after liposuction in the abdomen,no problems at all.

Highlighted

Thanks Anna

Highlighted

Hi Shazmo

I hope your tests have all proved well for you.

I have had a good search around on the Forum to see if i can find any other conversations similar to the question you are asking and unfortunatley so far have been unsuccessful.  But this does not mean you cant access support through the Forum and connect with many others who are experiencing Diep reconstruction.  Please do join a thread to connect with others.  There are a cople of recent threads you may be interested in, Moving forward and getting in with life or maybe Mammogram Van, where they are talking about recovery from Diep surgery.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer