67.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diep flap scar - is there a problem with it?

3 REPLIES 3
lisaf

Re: Diep flap scar - is there a problem with it?

Totally know that feeling, my local hospital is 5 mins in car away but where I have had to had surgery is 3 hours away and dont want to keep phoning as you cant explain what you mean. Hope you get sorted xxxx

alexc23

Thanks Lisa

My recon nurse got back to me and said that they had, had some ladies experience similar symptoms, I'm some way away so it isnt easy to just nip in and get things checked. Am just keeping an eye on it and as long as it doesnt go worse or show any other issues, then will wait for my next appointment

Cheers xx

lisaf

Hiya sorry I can't help havent heard of this before, although must admit I had hard and soft bits, especially underneath one side where its prob harder to massage. Hope you get sorted and will be interested to hear your news as never heard of this before.

good luck xx

alexc23

Diep flap scar - is there a problem with it?

Hi ladies, am nearly eight weeks post diep flap op, and underneath the scar on the underside of my new breast it feels really hard particularly in the spot where they saved a pice of rib cartiledge for when they do nipple reconstruction.

Is this normal, I have rung my recon nurse but am waiting for them to get back to me which might not be today, so would appreciate any opinions