cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different brands of anastrozole

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Different brands of anastrozole

• I have been on three brands of Anastrozole and found Teva suited me spoke to pharmacist and they get it for me every month so don't be put off asking .

Hello ..thought I would just butt in here although I'm on letrozole which is similar ..I find accord brand the only one I can really tolerate ..the other brands really do cause other se. My doctor marked my prescription so I always get them.

Hello, just sticking in my twopennerth. Cat Happy  Have been on anastrozole for 18 months now and started with Accord brand - no probs - then given whatever the pharmacy provided and suddenly found all sorts of aches and pains with the various brands.  It is important to give each brand the 2-3 months that your BCN recommended, so would certainly suggest you see your Doc again.  I was eventually able to get the Accord brand on my prescription (after a meltdown in the pharmacy when they wouldn't provide it).  Boots were the only chemist able to promise it, so thought that was the end of my problems.  (I could witter on for ages, you've got me going now.)  Each time I've had to check it was the Accord brand, it never was, so had to wait until Accord was ordered.  Just this month went to collect, only to be told Boots wouldn't provide Accord as it cost £65 and needed to be on the prescription. Dr had written it on the prescription, but not apparently where they wanted it!  Boots also said that the price changes each month. ARRGGH. So the saga goes on. Boots have promised to provide it this time ......  Would suggest that you keep all the boxes and make notes on them of whatever side effects you have. Do remember though that loads of people don't have any side effects at all, it's only us whingers who moan on here!!!  If you find a brand with no s/e, stick with that.  Hoping you have a stress and s/e free future. Cat Very Happyxxx

I'm so sorry to hear that. I started it 2 weeks ago and have zoladex injections too as I'm premenopausal at 38. I have the Accord brand and was told to speak to pharmacy about having the same again. Due to my emotions lately I was prescribed venaflaxine (low dose anti depressant) which had the added benefit of banishing the hot flushes and night sweats. When my BCN said it had this benefit I was sceptical. ... but it has and I'm so relieved! That in itself has improved my mood.
I really hope your s/e subside.
I upped my water intake to 2 and half litres a day when I started and so far, no side effects. .... don't know if just a coincidence but don't want to reduce water intake just in case.

Bit rough to be honest - hot flushes at night, nausea and heartburn at night too and I think the term emotionally unstable could be used for the rest of the time!!! Bit like living with a teenager according to my husband. I've also been really cold during the day too.

On the positive side my already painful joints haven't got any worse.

Not sure how much of the emotion is the pills and how much is working through the implications of the cancer diagnosis though to be honest.
Jane

Absolutely, I would! If they aren't much help, speak to your doctor. How are you doing so far with s/e?x

Different brands of anastrozole

I've been on anastrozole for 3 weeks and my BCN has said that different brands cause different side effects, but that I need to stick with 1 for 2-3 months to see if the side effects improve.  Just picked up my new prescription and have opened the bag at Home and it's a different brand. Do I take it, or should I go back to the pharmacy to see if the can get the Teva brand they dispensed last month.