Different makes of Letrazole

Have collected my prescription today for the above and have 14 tablets from Sandoz and 14 from Zentiva is this okay / does it mattet ? or should I go back and get all the same or check with my doctor / hospital? Thanks

As different makes can have different effects perhaps you should check first.

Which one do you usually have?

Thanks it’s my first prescription for them so will want to try on stay on same ones to see side effects over the month ?

I’ve been on generic letrozole since I started in January and have had really achey hands (fingers) and extremely achey feet. After some research I asked my GP to prescribe me femara and have started taking them today. Fingers crossed I get some relief from these tabs as the pain is really getting to me, and I am so stiff if I’ve been sitting for even a short time and need to get up, I walk like a zombie!! I asked my pharmacist the price of these tabs - £4.20 for the generic ones and £84.86 for femara brand!!! Fingers and toes crossed they work xxx

Hi Ladies

I was on Letrazole for 2 and half years and have recently stopped taking them.  During that time I was very giddy, even turning over in bed would make the room spin, and my right hand is so stiff that it is difficult to move it first thing in the mornings.  I have been told by my surgeon that it may take a good 6 months before I see an improvement in my hand joints.  Has anyone else had similar problems I wonder.  Regards Chris

Hi chrisalex.
when yoy say you stopped taking Letrozole did you change for another brand of tablets or just stopped taking tablets? I hate taking these Letrozole im feeling sick dizzy and aching hair thinning just wish I could stop taking them…x

christine .

Hi chrisalex
wow nice to hear from someone who stopped taking the tabs…in halfway through my Rads now and on monday I see my oncologist so fingets crossed in gonna ask if ok to stop taking them im feeling fine apart from the tabs sure you take tablets to make you feel better not in my case im only on my second month but haye taking them I will let you know what he says on monday thanks for the reply xx

christine .

I’ve been on Letrozole (Cipla Brand) since June this year. Getting aching joints etc which could put up with, but now have got a really itchy rash, think it’s Hives. My BCCN thinks it could be the letrozole and wants me to stop it for a few weeks to see. I don’t want to risk this so wondered about changing brands. Just got repeat prescription with Accord Brand but after reading latest thread I’m worried I’ll just make worse with this brand. Maybe the Sandoz brand would have been better??. Still getting Herceptin intravenously too…7 still to go. Can anyone advise what’s the best brand to avoid getting rash??