cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DilysP

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: DilysP

In memory of my dear friend Dilys who we lost 2 years ago today on 8th June 2013. Always remembered with love. Karen x

Highlighted

Hi Christina
You're right, Dilys was exactly that - such a support, so upbeat and a very special lady. We all miss her loads.
xxx

Highlighted

Hello all, I am new to BCC, and still finding my way around.

Dilys sounds like she was the type of person I would loved to have met, with her positive upbeat nature.

So sorry I never had the chance to chat with he.  She must be so sadly missed by so many people.

R.I.P X

Highlighted

I second that Karen - in memory of our darling friend Dilys - miss her so much and can't believe it's a year now since we lost her.  We were the "Terrified" thread for six years and continued on as friends off line and having regular meet ups.  She was such an inspiration and a very very special lady.  I miss her so much and still can't quite believe she's no longer with us.

Always thinking of you my darling Dilys.

Ruby xxx

Highlighted

In Memory of my dear friend Dilys who we lost a year ago, 8th June 2013. My friend for six years since we met on this site. I will miss her forever and she will always have a big place in my heart.

Love always

Karenxx

Highlighted

Dear Dinah
Thank you so much for posting your lovely message. I was there together with Karen and Jo and I'm sorry that we missed you too. It really was such a moving ceremony and and her friends spoke just so beautifully about our wonderful friend - she was so special, had so many friends and will be so sorely missed. I didn't go the wake afterwards so it's really lovely to hear that you did.
I hope you are well.

Lots of love
Ruby xxx

Highlighted

Dear friends of Dilys,
I have looked on this site becasue I knew Dilys was dear to many on here - she also supported me through breast cancer in 2010 - we had been colleagues before that for many years.

I am sorry I did not meet any of you at the funeral, but just wanted to say that I attended the service and the wake, and these were both beautiful and fitting tributes to our dearest Dilys. She had planned much of the arrangements herself and this made me feel better, knowing that she was so very present with so many family and friends.

I spent time with some of her relatives and a good number of former colleagues, so I am sorry if I missed any of you there.
I hope you are well, and think of you as I remember Dilys - this forum was very dear to her
With love
Dinah

Highlighted

So very sad to read this. I used to read this thread and she always sounded truly lovely.

Debx

Highlighted

Karen, that's so lovely - I too will always be grateful to Cecelia for starting the "Terrifed" thread and as you say to our dearest friend Dilys for being such an amazing support to us all over the past five years and being the "glue" that held us all together. She was a very special lady and I will always be eternally grateful to her for her support and understanding, wit and humour and amazing courage over the years.
My darling friend, you are now at peace and out of pain. I will never forget you and I can't believe you're no longer with us.
All my love
Ruby xxxx

Highlighted

My Dear friend Dilys You have been such a great support and friend to me over the past five years. I will always be grateful to this site and to Cecelia for starting the "Terrified" thread which began our friendship. We have all been there to support each other through that awful first year but I think you were the glue that held us together. I have so enjoyed knowing you, meeting you and corresponding throughout the past five years
Rest in Peace my dear friend Dilys, I will miss you always and you will be forever in my heart.
Karenxx

Highlighted

I'm so very sorry to hear the news of the loss of your lovely friend.

Condolences to all her family and friends.

Viv xxxxx
Highlighted

So sorry to read this, and my thoughts are with all of you who knew and loved Dilys. Sincere condolences to her family at this time of loss.

That's a lovely tribute Ruby1, your love for Dilys shines so clearly.

RIP Dilys, free from pain, journey complete.
Highlighted

On behalf of the moderation team here at BCC, please pass on our sincere condolences to Dilys family.

Kind regards

Jo, Facilitator

Highlighted

I'm so sorry to read this sad news. What a lovely heartfelt text for all who knew Dilys to treasure. My sincere condolences to all her family and friends. Rest in peace Dilys. xx
Highlighted

So very sorry to hear this sad news. I used to follow the "terrified" and then "new beginings" thread after the loss of teacup. Thinking of Dily's friends on here and her husband and family.
God bless you Dilys, such a lovely lady. RIP xx

Highlighted

With deep condolences x
Highlighted

DilysP

Dear all
We know quite a few ladies knew Dilys we are sad to be posting this but our lovely and very special lady died just after midnight after succumbing to a second cancer - pancreatic cancer.
Dilys was such a special lady. We met her on the BCC website when we were going through treatment and we chatted on the 'Terrified' thread for a long time before we then started a new thread called 'new beginnings'. We met up regularly and chatted on email and on the phone. Dilys became ill probably about a year and a half ago with an unknown diagnosis to start with and as a result of exploratory surgery to remove a mass, she suffered from complications and spent months recovering in hospital. She made a miraculous recovery and she dealt with it all with such spirit and courage and humour. The cancer came back pretty quickly and she couldn't tolerate further chemo so decided that enough was enough.
She went into the hospice a couple of weeks ago as she needed a break from the pain and exhaustion she was suffering from. Sadly she went downhill pretty quickly and lost her courageous fight last night.
She leaves behind a loving husband Celt and a brother Richard together with lots of other family and friends. Her funeral and wake will be held soon although we don't know the date yet and in some text messages that she sent to Karen for all of us - she spoke about how she felt she'd brought us all together and here's a part of one of her last texts...
"I always felt that I gained more from All of you than I could ever give back. I feel so humbled but so pleased with how we have all worked together, with fun and laughter along the way. we ALL did that. One final thing. It would be perfect if those who can would come and say goodbye at my funeral, and meet my dear family and friends at the wake following. I have always regretted missing Tricia's. My brother will contact you all with the details once we know when.Sorry- getting sentimental now, but I'd love to think of you sharing the day with lovely people. Thanks again Karen, love you dearly, Dilys"
What Dilys wrote has touched us deeply - she was a tower of strength, always so upbeat, worried about us all and kept us all in check! We have lost somebody very very special today and we will never forget the support and love this very special lady gave to us all.
Dilys rest in peace our lovely darling friend - we are heartbroken and filled with grief and sadness.
As we said above, we think some of you knew Dilys so if you'd like to write a message for us to pass on to Celt and Richard, we're sure these would be a great source of comfort to the family.
Our thoughts are with Dilys' family and friends, and particularly to her husband Celt.
With much love
Ruby, Cecelia, Karen & Jo