Dimpled right breast

Hi

I’m 24 years old, and when i raise my arm i’ve noticed i have a dimple under my right nipple. It is only there when i raise my arm but now i am absolutely terrified, all ive done is cry and throw up. Obviously i will be visiting my GP tomorrow, but are dimples most likely to be BC? I suffer from health anxiety really bad too. Im losing my mind any advice would be great

Thank you

Callijoe

Hello and welcome to this lovely forum where you will get loads of support from the lovely ladies and you will be able to see that there have been many ladies in the same place as you who once they have been checked out it has not been cancer.  There are lots of breast conditions which are benign and given your age the chance of it being cancer is unlikely, but it is really good that you are getting your GP to check it as any breast change should be.

Obviously with your health anxieties anyway this is not going to help you but please try and keep distracted.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow and we will all be thinking of you

Helena xxx

Thank you so much for your reply xxxx

Hi Calliejo,

You’ve done exactly the right thing in arranging to see your gp tomorrow. As LadyB says, there are many breast conditions that are not cancer related, so please try not to worry too much. I hope they are able to put your mind at rest.

Let us know how you get on.

Donna xx

Have you tried Mindfulness? I use an app called ‘Headspace’ which I find really useful. There is a subscription, but you can access a few free sessions to see if it’s for you.x

Thank you, yes i use mindfulness often but not tried that app will give it a go xxx

Good luck! Try to stay positive, I know it’s hard, but you are doing the right thing going to your GP

let us know how you get on