Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diog ears surgery, what's it like?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Diog ears surgery, what's it like?

Woof woof!

i feel wierd as i am massaging scabs - also i have discovered my hip dog ears too, god they came from nowhere.... xxx

Ha! I was told defo no massaging while any scabs on wound, but could do the skin either side to relieve the dryness!

Surely there must be a right answer, why don't they work it out!!!

defo wierd how all do it differently, I have been told next week to start the massage on the wounds (mind you all crusty at mo) and then to build up to 3/4 times a day...

Arghhhh! Odd how the medics all give a different opinion, isn't it??? My healing was really good, but BCNs and PS all said not to massage actual scars for first month, but could do either side of the wounds as my skin there was dry and uncomfortable.
The physio said it would help to massage the whole tummy area slightly more firmly than the wound, and using four fingers, in circles, to disperse the fluid under the skin. Might be worth trying this as it seems to have given a good result. two or three times a day was suggested to me.

We all get there in the end, but it would help if they could agree about best practice so we all get the right info at right time!!!!!

Mwah
Ps pm me with your email if you'd like to..

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nonsuch

I have been massaging E45 cream into my scars since 12 days after op when the dressings were all removed and the PS said I could start with the cream. I'm doing it twice a day but am unsure if I should be doing it more.

Lemoncake
x

Thanks twinky,
Don't like the idea of feeling what they are doing! I understand it's done same time as nipple recon if you go for that? I defo want a nipple...the patch on my boob is a lot bigger than my actual aerola, which I have to admit is quite small, so hoping that the restyling will take up some of the extra on my patch.

Lemoncake, it's still early days for you, only a month! Tme for things to settle more!!!
It's about now you can start massaging the scars with oil or anything that suits and I understand this reduces the dog ears quite a bit but doesn't get rid of them entirely. I've been doing mine religiously and they aren't bad, that's why I'm wondering whether to bother if the op is nasty or healing prolonged. I'm also wondering whether they would look worse if I lost some of the spare flesh from my hips (which have expanded a bit since the enforced idleness....). I dont want any more fat in my boob as it's a bit big at the side, so can't see lipo being an option for me, except to take some out of the boob!!!

Mwahs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I had my dog ears done & was pleased with the results. I was awake in the theatre when they did them & despite pain killing injections it was very painful but worth it. Both scar ends are neat. No more problems.

Twinky x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nonsuch

My 'dog ears' (I didn't know they were called that) give me more trouble than the rest of my scars put together. What are yours like - on my left hip its a sort of folded over bit about 2cms long and on the right hip it looks as if I am growing another nipple there to replace the missing one - I had wondered if that was the intention!! You had surgery at the end of last year didn't you? Mine was 16/2.

Take care
Lemoncake
x

Diog ears surgery, what's it like?

Hi all,
After my diep last year I'm getting to the time when I need to decide whether to have the dog ears on my hips sorted out.

Can anyone advise me what this involves, what the after effects are, how lng is recovery and what's the end result like?

Nonsuch xx