Dippykate's rollercoastering again

Hi All,
Well after a very rough few weeks, I thought I was making some ground up against this non - relenting cancer but think I am deluding myself.
It is not acting in the usual way - but then when does my cancer ever do that?? So could be mistaking my feeling of getting of better in some areas another area plays up.
My breathing has improved dramatically - only need 2 - 3 litres of oxygen through nasal specs and today managed a shower with 1 nurse without getting too breathless so that’s the good news.
Bad news is my ‘mental fills’ are growing at a huge speed.
In the morning, my stomach is soft and feels comfortable. Then even with a cup of tea, the pain starts and so does the bloating and these painful Braxton Hicks/labour pains.
I’ve lost loads of weight/muscle and have a huge belly and end up having to have oromorph for the pain I’m in to try to eat. The doctors want to monitor it over the weekend but sure it is the cancer that is causing me this problem. I also feel sick a lot of the time so feel these are bad signs so still not sure where I am on this rollercoaster ride.
Will let you know what is happenning when I know.
Thanks for your messages
Katex

Hi Kate, I’ve never been in touch before but I’ve followed your ‘journey’, I have so much respect and admiration for you, you are well and truly one hell of a gutsy lady.
All my love and bestest of wishes to you. Olwen.

Love and gentle hugs to you Kate, xx

Kate,

Kisses from Terry and Kathy.

XX

Kate I’ve never posted on any of your threads on here before either - but have been following your journey and just wanted to send you my love…

Theresa x

Hi Kate - so good to see a message from you - you have been on my mind - glad the breathing is easier and hope the stomach thing can be relieved - your description of a relentless rollercoaster is a good one - sending you lots of love , Jayne xx

Thinking of you Kate, huge hugs and thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you’re going.
I’m sure like me, lots of people on here have been following your rollercoaster ride and feel like we know you, I’m just in awe of your determination and guts. Lots of love x

Hi Dippykate,
So glad youre feeling slightly better and up to posting again, you really are amazing and an inspiration to us all. Hope you have a reasonably comfortable week-end with your family.
marmite x

Hi Kate

So lovely to see you posting, as have been wondering how you are doing and what is going on. Glad that your breathing is much easier too. I too hope the stomach thing can be sorted and give you more comfort.

I cannot believe what you go through every time and how much you fight and how strong you are. You are an inspiration to us all and your determination is amazing.

Sending you lots of love and hugs Kate, and am so pleased you posted. Wish there was something I could do for you.

Take care
Lots of love
Dawn
xxx

kate

Glad to see you posting here and telling us how you are getting on. I am happy to hear that the breathing is easier and you managed to get a shower in. The stomach pains sound horrible, but at least they are monitoring. I hope you are comfortable and they are looking after you and your family, it must be such a relief to be out of the hospital.

thinking of you.
Cathyx

Hi Kate, I am glad that there is at least some improvement, and as others have said I hope they can get on top of the other problems too.

The sun is shining here Kate, and I hope it is where you are too, and you are able to enjoy it with family and friends without feeling too ill.

Take care

Hi Kate,
really good to see you posting again.
I know what you mean regarding ‘mental fil’ I think it is such an unpredictable advance to the disease it is giving me real problems as well, lack of appetite =lack of energy. I also think all those taxols take it out of us and our body is not able to recover. Plus they don’t seem to know an awful lot about it, or if they do they are not telling.
Have you managed to get home? If so hope you like your new kitchen.
Get plenty of rest I am praying your body does it’s magic trick and heals itself.
Love Debsxxx

Good to see you posting again, Kate. Thankyou for letting us know whats happening. Will be thinking of you.
Ruth

Good to see you posting again, Kate. You never cease to amaze me with your courage and determination. You are a true inspiration to me, and, I’m sure, to many others on here. You are in my thoughts as always.

Dear Kate

You really are so strong and so determined to not give in to this and it’s amazing to see the fighting spirit in you which is always there. You are an inspiration to everybody as you can see from all the messages from people.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs
Ruby xx

Hi Kate, sending hugs (((())))), you are amazing and inspirational. Love caz x

Hi Kate, have not posted before as i am new to this site, i just want to say i think you are an amazing strong lady and my heart goes out to you.
Love Helenxx

Hi Kate

The fact that you are bothered to post when you are feeling so miserable says it all - you are far from out of this race - stay strong - you are in all our thoughts

maria xx

Hello Kate
Its so good to feel you with us again. I wish you weren’t going through these difficult times. Just to echo what others have said. You are a complete inspiration. I’m sending you all best wishes and strength. You are in my thoughts.
Jo
xxx

Hi Kate

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said. Hoping by the time you read these posts you are feeling more comfortable.

Thinking of you

Linda
X