Did you mean: 

Disappointed

15 REPLIES 15
SueW

Re: Disappointed

Hi peedles/suzie nice to see you back xx
SUZIE123

HI all it's Peedles here Sorry haven't been on for a while I got new phone and couldn't get back on to forum with my name So now I'm Suzie123 Confusing I know I now have got oncologist appt for 4th Sept so will keep in touch Will be going for radiotherapy soon xxx Hope everyone ok Xx
SueW

I was advised not to return in between surgery and rads as I work in school not sure yet when rads will be but surgeon said approx 6 to 8 weeks after surgery. X
Debbie1964

Hi peedles, when i got my results, i wasnt sure whether to go back to work while im waiting for radio theraphy, i work fulltime, and i cycle 2 miles to work at 530 in the morning, and part of my job is lifting heavy bags of money, because i felt ok in myself i felt like i was letting work down, spoke to my bn as she said although i might feel ok internally it will take 6 weeks to heal, so i decided to stay home , i dont no why i worry lol, ive worked for the company 23 years and can count my sick days up on my hands lol, i guess we just all want the normality back in our lifes.
So glad you had the results you wanted, im going to see about my rads 31rst to find out when and how many sessions

Debbie x

Peedles

Aaah Thankyou for you're help I will ask my boss when I know a bit more about when I'm having radiotherapy I feel tired at the moment think all my adrenaline is getting back to normal !!
ladybowler
Community Champion

Peedles

That is great news, onwards and upwards now 🙂

I worked throughout my rads, but I was only allowed to 3 days a week and 4 hours a day, which my employer kept me to until 4 weeks after I finished them. 

Because I am a carer for my partner who has MS and my place of work was halfway between home and the hospital (QE Birmingham), I was able to arrange for my sessions on Mon-Wed to be straight after work around 1ish.  This then gave me that ability to do what I needed to in the early evening and then rest.  My boss made me promise that if I found it too much I was to say and that it would be reviewed, but I was ok. The job I do is office based and is not at all stressful so that might be worth bearing in mind as to how that would affect you if yours is otherwise.

Helena

SueW

Fab news x I can't comment on rads not started mine yet so don't know how they affect people x
Peedles

Hi all Got my results Friday The last surgery was clear thank god so now waiting for radiotherapy xx I feel so relieved I feel also so tired I think the adrenaline is going It's been such a long journey so far. I now have to mKe the decision if to go back to work until radiotherapy or stay off until it's finished Any ideas xx Hope everyone is ok Big hugs xxxx
Anniej
Community Champion

Not surprised you are fed up Peedles, it's the blooming waiting that gets us down. Got my fingers crossed that you are now feeling a bit better. Sending a big hug. X 

SueW

Peebles don't apologise fit feeling low just come and tell us we can't all be miss sunshine all the time x
Peedles

No results as yet I've got this meeting today with work I was hoping to be able to let them know my results so we can plan ahead I'm not looking forward to it as I can't even do that now Took a sleeping pill last night as I didn't sleep for 2 nights worrying about work and results Sorry ladies I'm. Dry low at the moment xx
LadyMondegreen

Oh dear, sorry to hear this.  I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.  x

ladybowler
Community Champion

I remember when I had my op, my bcn said that they would not call me in until they had all the results in rather than have to ask me come in if some were back and not others because they wanted to be able to give me the whole picture.  The MDT met on a Wednesday and all my appointments were on a Thursday.

xx

SueW

My op was a week ago yesterday and I don't get my results until next Wednesday I know the multi disciplinary team meet on s Monday and most of my appointments will then be on s Wednesday x it cold vary between health authorities x
pecan

Oh dear.  I wonder if they realise how these delays bring us crashing down?  When did they do the lumpectomy?  Mine was a week ago today, and I am supposed to get my results tomorrow.  I do hope you get yours soon.

Peedles

Disappointed

Well was going to get results today after 3 rd lumpectomy but hospital rang to say results not ready I really hoped I could move forward today😩😩my bc nurse is going to ring me hopefully this week .I have asked for meeting at work to see if we cAn make a plan but am wondering if I'll hear by Thursday Feel really fed up 😩😩