Disappointed

Has anyone else been told they were having 15 sessions of radiotherapy & then been told near the end it’s actually 20. I thought I was finished tomorrow but have found out I’ve got 5 boosters next week. Have to psych myself up for another week now ?

What a bummer Anita,it’s a long haul and near the end you really have had enough of every day revolving around trips to the hospital ,finding out you have to go for another week must be so frustrating ,but you are so nearly arrange something nice to celebrate next week.

Talk about move the blinking goal posts, Anita.  Not fair!!! Chin up, only a few more.  I’m not sure I would have agreed if they had done that to me.  I had really just had ENOUGH by day 15.  xx

Sending you a hug Anita.  Think you deserve two BIG treats now, one for today when you thought you’d be finished, and an even bigger one next week.  Can really understand your disappointment, we gear ourselves up to everything we are told we have to face, and any deviation comes as a bodyblow.  Hope you’ve got something nice at the weekend to look forward to - a duvet day with chocs and a good film come to mind. See you at the finish line next week.  Christine :catvery-happy:xxx

Hi Anita,

sorry you have an extra 5 days, it can feel like a lifetime. I was originally told 15 which got changed to 20 because of boosts but at least I found out reasonably early on so had time to cope with it although I did have a grumpy day on my 15th rad cos I kept thinking about how I could have been finished… 

I’m not able to take tablets after treatment so the boosters were ‘sold’ to me as an extra safety belt and once I’d thought it through I figured an extra 5 days, whilst frustrating, was worth it if it means not ahving to do this again…

stay strong, it will be worth it… ?