Discomfort

Discomfort

Discomfort Hi all

Had WLE last October and finished treatment end of Feb, now on Tamox. The nerve pains have subsided and the dent in my breast seems to be evening out. I still have numb armpit and down my left side but can live with it, just as well cos I believe it may always be there.

What is getting me down is the strange feeling I have in my breast - almost as if its not part of me any more. It is still a tad swollen and I avoid big hugs and lying on my front in bed. It doesnt hurt as such, just a bit tender and “wobbly”. I dont seem to be explaining this too well!! I wondered if it could be mild lymphodaema? Am seeing Onc next month and saw consultant in April - who checked both boobs out - but feel a bit fed up with it. Its not as bad first thing and I think oh good its getting better but at night its back again.

Anyone else had something similar?

Love to you al

Laine

Hi Laine

I finished all treatment in Jan after my WLE. I know what you mean! My dent has evened out now, just a slight dent when I lean forward. I’m still numb slightly under the arm and also numb just above the scar. My nerve pains have nearly subsided.

I do have lymphoedema in the breast. Where I was burned having rads from the bottom of my nipple down to the ribcage is very hard and kind of orange peel effect. Also my bra leaves an imprint/indentations on the breast. When I take off the bra at night it takes about 5 mins for the imprints to go. Sometimes that gets a bit uncomfortable/tender.

I find that when I get out of bed in the morning, as soon as I stand up my breast seems to pull and it stings, but as soon as its happened thats it, dont feel it again…Maybe its because I’ve been still all night, or because I’m a 38G so there’s alot to wobble!!!

I do get weird feelings in it at times.

Hope this helps,
Suzanne
x

ref discomfort HI laine, this is my first forum input,
I identified so much wirh the discomfort you are experiencing, my right breast doesnt seem part of me anymore, not only the loss of sensation on that side but the whole kind of i dont know just uncomfortable feeling if that makes sense, I had a bad experience of second degree burns during my radio which certaintly didnt help things, however im living despite all this, im on arimidix and my worst on-going problem is unexplainable fatigue which is a present being investigated through blood test i had last week this has been a problem for a number of months now . I have gone back to work in the field of adult care myself on reduced hours but the discomfort and fatigue are real obsticals to me trying to live normal like it never happened , so as i said i do emphasie with your feelings

Thanx Suzanne & Anned Feel better knowing that this is not just me…I too am G cup so maybe having big boobs doesnt help either. I think the skin is a bit orange peel in parts and Ive noticed that its quite dry so am back to putting the rads cream on it which has helped. I too suffered burns from rads and the bc nurses laughed (!) when they saw how red it was but thats settled to a pale brown now…

I went back to work full time as soon as I could as it gave me a sense of purpose and took my mind of things. Having said that, its a very easy job, mainly research and talking to people. I do get tired tho, never stay up late and the house has suffered…but as you say I am stil alive so dont care that stuff needs doing.

Laine

Laine

I’m the same as you, I went back to work full time asap, but I did work throughout the chemo and rads 9am to 1pm, just had the week off when I had the chemo. I have an easy job too. I still get tired and true the house does suffer at times but tough, as you say, we are still here!

My Onc did say the breast could well settle down a bit. He said bigger cupped ladies do take longer to recover, especially if the burns were particulary bad…My BC nurse has offered me a breast pad to put in my bra but havent received it yet.

take care
Suzanne
x