Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a re-check

4 REPLIES 4
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Do I need a re-check

Thank you so much for your help, yes it is worrying but I feel I am just being over the top but i am still concerned. Thanks again x

Dear Oser,

I am so sorry to hear of the problems you are having. It is very worrying to find a lump, and not be able to get a satisfactory answer.

From my own experience, I feel they can tell from the ultra sound, and that what they saw would have been investigated if it looked suspicious. However, you do need to have your mind settled. Maybe when you go back, you could explain that although they have told you that they cannot see anything suspicious, you're still worried and need to be shown that everything is alright. Insist on further investigations to put your mind at rest. Remind them of the tenderness under your armpit, and that the worry is keeping you awake, which I'm sure it is.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but sending hugs and wishing you well.

poemsgalore xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Can anyone help with my concerns? Are they valid ones or am I being concerned over nothing?

Thanks

Lissa

Hi oser and welcome to the BCC forums
In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000 to talk through your concerns, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

Do I need a re-check

I went to my doctor some weeks ago two months in fact to ask about a lump I thought I had in my breast. MY GP confirmed it was a lump and referred me. This week I went to see the surgeon I saw the under study who had trouble finding the lump and the further two pea sized lumps I had found a if days ealier. She did however see concerned about the tenderness of my left armpit. She said needed a mammogram and a ultrasound with a possible biopsy.

I was told that there was no one there that day to do the ultrasound and when I undressed I was told they couldn't; do the mammogram because I was 37!!. Anyway two days ago I went to have my ultrasound, she did find the lumps and said she didn't think it was anything to be concerned about and thought it was my breast losing their density as I was getting older and the changes such as tenderness, itching and swelling were all to do with the chases as I am getting older.

Although I felt relieved I still feel worried as I can still feel the lumps. Can they really tell from just an ultrasound o do they need to perform a biopsy? The thing is I've been so exhausted for a long time but my bloods are coming back normal, but I just don't feel right. I just want to be 100%

I'm going back in two weeks so I want to go in asking the right things and to be totally sure, does this make sense?

Any help would be great