Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I or don't I have breast cancer?

10 REPLIES 10
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Do I or don't I have breast cancer?

Erica,

I'm so so sorry about your diagnosis, I think you are doing the right thing by having the treatment. I know it cant be easy for you, but at least you know whats going on and whats going to happen.

I go on Tuesday morning for my first appnt with my cons. Guess I'll be back in on wednesday for my biopsy, then in again 2 weeks later for my results. Hoping this time its a cyst then I wonts needs biopsy and surgery, fingers crossed.

Thinking about you, stay strong.

Heidi xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lucy

Thanks so much for the information, I've just ordered a pack and looking at the rest of the info. I think it's just hitting me that I'm diagnosed...literally just hit me!!!

And thanks for the numbers, that'll be a great help

x Erica

ForumMember

Hi Erica

You will find information about lymph node surgery in the BCC booklet 'Treating breast cancer' page 16/17 which you can access via the following link:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/bcc08_treating_final2_0.pdf

You may also find BCC's resource pack helpful, it has been designed for those newly diagnosed. If you would like a copy just follow the link below to order a copy:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

If you feel it would help to talk to someone in confidence about any concerns you have, then please give the helpline a call, the staff here are all either breast care nurses or people who have personal experience of breast care issues. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 the lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope you find this helpful.
Best wishes
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heidi!

Thanks! I got my results today, good news there's not more cancer in the breast, not so good news they found some in the fifth lymph node they took out...it bypassed 1-4 and got to the fifth one! Just so lucky they took out 5 and not 4 of them. My body is doing some seriously strange things! so now, I have my third surgery - this one is to remove all the other lymph nodes. Am i even calling it the right thing?!

We've decided that I'm going for everything. as my consultant says throwing the kitchen sink and someone elses at it!

When do you find out about yours?

Does this mean I should move onto a different discussion page?!

val mentioned in her post that I should speak to my nurse, she's lovely but not the easiest person to get hold of!

x Erica

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

I'll be fine, just worry about yourself chick! I keep everything crossed for you.

When do you get your results??

Heidi x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heidi,

Thanks and good luck with yours too!

I don't know why my attitude is the way it is...I was nervous when I first found the lump as it had gotten bigger but I was assured it wouldn't be anything serious, they got a surprise though after the operation and the biopsy and the way I see it, there's absolutely nothing I can do worrying, it's only going to stress me out which is even more pointless. I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I'm scared but I have to be strong don't i!

I hope yours turns out ok as well, they say being younger makes a lot of difference....

x Erica

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck with those results, I'm 27 too and on lump number 4, though the last 3 were benign, just about to start the process again with my new lump.

I really hope you get the news you want. Your attitude sounds very similar to mine, the good old "I'll be fine, its nothing". Ihave learnt over the years to sometimes have the fear in the back of my mind that maybe its not ok, so when I'm told I am, what a bonus, if its bad, its nothing more than I expected, but I bet still devastating all the same. I guess I'm trying to say, dont be so complacent, nor dont worry youself sick neither!! Its a hard balance to find and I think if I was in your situation, I would be in bits. You sound remarkable composed, I wish you the very best of luck!

Heidi x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Val and Jen,

I've just had my second op, they've explained it more to me now, I'll be getting my results next week, I can't imagine that it will be bad news, but yes I will be taking someone with me next time as I didn't last time.

Thanks! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sound advice from Val - as always - i love her posts!!

Look - talk to the doc/bcn and ASK!!!!.... surgeons want a wide margin to make sure we are ok...
sheesh kid i am 50 and old enuff to be yer mum....so as that age i will say JUST GET ON WITH IT and then find out what is goign on

it is unfair for someone your age to have this but better you know than not know.

take care Jen xx

horace

The best person to explain it simply would be a bcn[breast care nurse]who would talk every thing through with you based on your case notes.Ring your hospital and make an appointment.In the meantime you can ring the helpline for Breast Cancer Care and have a chat.We all have different stories to tell and many who have breast cance have no more trouble after initial treatment,in terms of what you 'say' re have it or had it wait till all the surgery is over and you have had all your results.Do try to take someone with you to your appointments.Good luck,love Vx

Guest user
Not applicable

Do I or don't I have breast cancer?

Hi, I'm 27 and 2 weeks ago I went in to have a lump removed which was supposed to be a lump of nothingness. However in my followup appointment they said they found cancer cell in the lump. I'm due for more surgery to remove more tissue and some test to see if I have anymore cancer.

Now does this mean I have BC or I had BC? My mum thinks I'm in denial as I told her that in my head I don't have it anymore. I'm confused and I want someone to explain this all to me as if I was a young child as nothing makes sense!