Do u think they will recommend chemo?

6 years ago i had 21mm idc, no nodes, 8/8 er/pr grade 3. Had wle, snb, rads, tamox, zoladex, oopherectomy, exemestane.

Now recurrence 4mm idc within dcis, grade 3, just had mx and going back on hormone tabs.

Im 40. Do u think i will benefit from chemo as was only 4mm , assuming no nodes affected.? Wondering what they r going to say at results appt. would it be auto matic chemo due to recurrence and my age?

Hi lolly73

So sorry to hear you have recurrence, you are very young. I don’t know the ins and oust of who does and doesnt get chemo im afraid, but I am sure your medical team will do whatever they have to rid you of this horrible disease. I wish you all the very best for your results appointment, do you have a date for it?

Hugs

Wendy x

Hi my idc is 4.5mm grade3, with dcis. Had mastectomy. I am 33, and my oncologist recommended chemo because of grade3 and my age. I think they will ask u to make the decision and it is up to you if u want to fight or not.

I was told only 5 out of 100 will benefit from chemo, but they can’t find out who will be the 5.so it’s down to your decision

Hiya I’m 35 had 12mm grade 3 stage 1 no nodes Idc and because of my age and grade 3 I was given lumpectomy clear margins chemo rads and now hormone tablets for 10years