Do you find a best time of day to take your Tamoxifin?

Hi,

Been prescribed Tamoxifen, picked up prescription Friday (got Mylan brand of anyone has thoughts in se’s of this one). Haven’t taken it as yet, will start today or Monday.
However I’ve read folk having a preference of a time to take it each day or even splitting the tab and taking twice a day. Would be interested in ladies experience and I will maybe start off with the most popular and see how it goes.

hi powdow,
In the end I decided to start my tamox when I felt it would be more convenient for me & when I would be less likely to forget it, which is after breakfast. My thinking was that if I had any issues with it, then I would try other options.
Fortunately, I’ve been fine on it, so have continued in this routine.
However, one day I did take a double dose by mistake - and felt it later! Since then, I write the days of the week on the blister pack.
ann x

Thanks Ann, probably 1st thing will be best for me for remembering. Did read someone saying about last thing at night then helped with the tiredness. Night would Prob be good for me to remember also. I think il def do your tip of marking the pack with days of week as I know ill sometimes be thinking did I take it!

Hi Powdow,

I started taking my Tamoxifen first thing in the morning, just for ease of remembering.  However, on experimenting with taking it before bed instead I found the hot flushes were much reduced so that’s what I stick with now.  I just pop them in one of those wee plastic 7 day boxes along with my vitamin c and zinc and I’ve never forgotten to take it yet.

Hugs,

Kitt

Thanks Kitt,

Dreading starting it, anyone else put it off? I’m only talking a couple of days, but havent brought myself to start it yet. Will do tomorrow though.

hi powdow,
chances are all will be fine. Before starting tamox, I did read this board which, in hindsight, did not help my anxiety as understandably, the problems are posted, I then got into over thinking it, rather than just getting on with it.
Most women are fine on tamox & I hope you’re experience is the same.
ann x

Well first one is down the hatch!! Sitting waiting on the side effects!! Lol
Took it this morning then went for a walk. Had u. My head the fresh air and exercise might ward stuff off!!