Docetaxel allergic reaction

Hi everyone, after finishing my first EC chemo infusions, had my first Docetaxel chemo last Friday, within a few minutes of the drug, had a strange feeling come over my body, felt so spaced out and dizzy thought I was going to pass out! The nurses stopped the drug straight away and have me hydrocortisone and antihistamine, within mins I felt better, they were going to try a again and slow the drug down, but because there was no oncologist on site they didn’t want to risk it, so had to go home, so disappointed as had been there already a few hours, also had the cold cap on. Was told to come back next week, they are going to try again and give me drugs before hand to counteract, just hope it works, they seem hopeful it should. Has anyone else experienced this?xxx

Hi munchkin. I had an allergic reaction with docetaxal. Had my first cycle last Friday. As you said,within mins the reaction started. They soon dealt with it though.

How are you with the docetaxal now,did you react again?

Also,I hope you doing mind me asking,but what side effects did you get from it?

I’m glad you didn’t have further reactions to deal with, that’s certainly reassuring for me too.
I’m very nervously awaiting the side effects today. So far ok still.
Congrats on finishing chemo, must be quite a triumphant feeling?

I too had an allergic reaction to Docetaxel…It didn’t happen until my second treatment.The nurses and doctors were amazing and very quickly dealt with the issue.For my third and final Docetaxel the dose was monitored and given much more slowly  All went well…I hope all goes well with you…xx