Docetaxel and heart palpitations

Have just had my first docetaxel after having FEC, did anyone experience heart palpitations ? I went to hospital and had an ECG and other tests, they weren’t worried… However being able to feel your heartbeating is really annoying! It’s hard to know whether I should just get on with it because it’s normal or whether to pester them to keep investigating… Anyone experience anything similar? xx

Hi Rach04, 

I am really sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time and I am sure some of our users will be along to offer their support. You may want to look at our information page on docetaxel

In the meantime you can always call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about docetaxel and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi Rach04,

This is my first post ( go easy on me!) I’m glad I’m not alone with the heart palpitations - although sorry you’re experiencing them too.

I started having them after having a PICC line fitted & my 3rd EC. They’re driving me mad - my heart is actually skipping beats - & it’s also somewhat worrying.

Do you have a PICC line fitted? I’ve just returned from a visit to hospital where they discovered mine was too long & irritating my heart. They pulled it out by 4cm hoping this would fix the problem but it hasn’t so far!!

Thump thump, thump thump,  . . . . . thump.

You may have more luck & it could fix the problem.

Take care XX

Hi Rach04,

it may be worth exploring a releant Monthly Chemotherapy thread, as many are going through the same treatment as yourself. I feel sure they may be able to share their experiences and put your mind at ease.     As I am going throug 6 x FEC my treatment is a little different.

At a guess you may have started in June? - This is the link to the relevant thread

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/June-2016-starters/m-p/1017898#U1017898

Hope you get the answer you ar looking for.

Hugs

Sue xxx