Docetaxel first cycle

Hi ladies, I am on my 4th chemo treatment and had my first Docetaxel last Thursday. After 3 FEC I thought the T would be similar but for me it’s not, I’m aching, have painful twinges in various places, ear ache and feel like my bones are made of concrete, turning over at night is even painful. My temp is fine though. I am taking ibuprofen but it’s not doing much. Have others had this too, and did you just go to your GP for stronger painkillers? Also how long does this last? Feel like I’ve been hit by a train :frowning: X

Hi there, i also found the doxetaxol gave me the same symptons as you describe, i used to have my chemo on a thursday, felt fine friday and saturday, monday was dreadful and picked up a little by tuesday- i just took ibuprofen and paracetamol, alternate the two every 2 hours, you will find hopefully by wednesday the aches will improve but found the fatigue was much worse than Fec. If its too bad then i would see the G.P or ring chemo team and they can give better painkillers- the end is in sight with chemo now, you can do it, all the very best. ?x

Thanks LoveWine for your reply. I did just call the chemo line and the sister also said I can take ibuprofen and paracetamol together, so I’m hoping that will give me some relief. Roll on Wednesday! X

Hello my first dose of docetaxel 21/7/16 knocked me for six I had severe pins and needles where I couldn’t walk it all passes cocodamol I was given I’m on the 2nd docetaxel and doesn’t seem to be to bad but then they reduced the does your nearly there ! 

I finished 6 x doses fec-t at the end of 2013
I complained bitterly to my onc after the first T with exactly the symptoms you mention - it felt like I’d been beaten up with a baseball bat. I was hoping to score some stronger painkillers for rounds 5 & 6 however he offered me what he called the ‘steroid tail’ which yes is more steroids but in decreasing doses for a few more days - it was like a miracle cure!
After dose 4 it was an effort for me to just get up to walk to the kitchen to get myself a drink and walk back to the sofa but same day on dose 5 I was putting up my Christmas tree.
(PS The trick with steroids is to not take them after noon so when you have to take 2 doses a day take them at 8 AM and 12 noon)

As it’s too late for this cycle I found that heat worked really well so if you’ve got any hot wheaties or hot water bottles put those on the achey places

Best of luck x