67350members
354870posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any one out there have ulcerative Colitis as well as BC?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Does any one out there have ulcerative Colitis as well as BC?

Hi Denise,

I thought I would just touch base with you having been recently diagnosed with breast cancer and also having ulcerative colitis. I am taking no meds at the moment for my UC but have recently met up with my gastro consultant who said that chemo tends to put UC into remission for a while, not sure whether you are due any. 

I have had a melanoma in the past so have to avoid alot of UC drugs and have come up with a few alternatives. Where about in your colon are your ulcers?

Pinacolada x

Highlighted

Does any one out there have ulcerative Colitis as well as BC?

Hi

I'm waiting for surgery having a Masectomy and a lump removal on my other breast, Just waiting for BRACA gene test to come back so they can giveme a date for surgery. In the mean time im on Tamoxifen. I also suffer with ulcerative colitis and because of the BC they have taken me off of some of my UC drugs which has now caused me to have a UC flare up ( when it rains it bloody poors in my case!) just wondered if anyone else has same problems and if so whats medication did they put you on?

I was on Azathioprine  but as it's an immune blocker it wouldn't be good with the cancer.

Thanks in Advance

Denise xx