68.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else 'ache' when they wake up??

2 REPLIES 2
princess18

Re: Does anyone else 'ache' when they wake up??

Hi Lizalou,

thanks for getting in touch. Although I wouldn't wish back ache on anyone its always good to know I'm not the only one! I am glad your x-ray and scan all came back fine. I had various tests and scans not so long ago and am still on chemo so I'm confident there's nothing really sinister going on but you know what its like, I'm well paranoid these days!

Had a much better night last night, hurrah! Took some advice and went to bed with a pillow propping up my 'bad' side. This seemed to do the job, as although I still woke up, it wasn't til 4am which is almost unheard of for me as I've normally woke loads of times by then!!

I haven't had a recon yet, gotta wait til after rads and Herceptin.

Thanks again for all your help,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

lizalou

Re: Does anyone else 'ache' when they wake up??

Hi Kelly,

I had mast in March with recon - we v similar...also started chemo in May! I ache too. In fact have been such a loony about it that have had another x ray and scan on that side just to make sure as I was jabbering on about it every time I went in... they were all fine. They have told me is surgery related and prob as nerve feeling coming back in that area. I think the op is actually v major (which I don't think I took on board as was so keen to get the horrible stuff out and get on with the zapping) so there will be some pain.

Did you haev ld flap recon? My back aches a bit and think this is from the muscle stretching round...

Sorry if no help at all! Am having one of those chemo brain vague days... have a chat with them about it. They might say something like yoga or physio could help

Hope you're good today.
xx

princess18

Does anyone else 'ache' when they wake up??

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I guess this is as good a place as any!! I had a right mastectomy in March and started chemo in May. My problem is this...............when I go to bed at night I find it almost impossible to get really comfortable and I end up waking up frequently in the night. When I wake up I feel almost like I've been punched in the ribs and they are bruised and I have terrible back ache! However, as soon as I stand up this disappears totally and I am always comfortable and have no aches and pains during the day.

I'm wondering could I be uncomfortable at night as I am 'lop sided'?? I obviously don't wear my prosthesis at night and my left boob is rather large!! We have a fab 'memory foam' bed and my OH always gets a great nights sleep so I don't think its the bed. I've tried all manner of different pillows and number of pillows but there's no difference.

Does anyone else 'ache' when they wake up in the morning?? I'm really not sure if this is 'normal' or not. I am seeing my surgeon and bc nurse next month so I will mention it to them but in the meantime I'm after some reassurance from my fellow site users,

Any comments will be much appreciated,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-