75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else feel just ' not with it' and spaced out?

4 REPLIES 4
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone else feel just ' not with it' and spaced out?

Boogs

Sorry you felt so spaced out. But I could re-assure you that you are not alone. I found jioning in a group discussion or a tread in this forum with ladies who are having the smae progress makes things a bit easier. I am sure there are some ladies starting kimo around the same time as you do and hope you could find some buddies.

In the mean time - there is a post about tips of going through kimo sticking on the top of ' undergoing treatment chemo' and I found it very useful.

hope you are feeling better later

xxx

Hi,

Yep, been there and had that feeling and still get it now over a year after chemo. You are not going crazy !!! The 'chemo brain ' is a proper condition and you will find a list of symptoms on another UK cancer website - google it. I had heard of it, found this list, read it out to my other half and he said that was absolutely me. I know it's not much consolation but I felt better knowing I wasn't imagining it. My consultants and nurses also backed me up so I'm not loopy !!

I also had feelings like I was looking in on things from behind a window and I was there but wasn't. Some of it will also probably be a reaction to the diagnosis, treatment etc catching up - I had chemo first, then surgery, then rads finishing last March and then it hit me and I'm still off work - but everyone's different and hopefully you won't feel like this for too long.

Hope the chemo goes well.

Liz

Hi Boogs and welcome to the forums. As sparkler has said you will find a wealth of knowledge on these forums and you will get a lot of support and info from people who have been there. In the meantime you might find this information helpful

http://beta.breastcancercare.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.335

also if you go to the top of this category you will find a thread 'top tips on chemo' which covers lots of real experience from women undergoing chemo

All the best

Ann

Boogs

You are not going crazy. I had chemo last year and felt the same. I have now had my first cycle of another chemo for mets and felt that spaced out feeling again - a lot of us call it chemo brain!!

So dont worry.
Ask any questions - you will find this forum and the women on it have a wealth of knowledge - you will nearly always find someone who has suffered the same symptoms as you.
Apart from the spaced out feeling, hope the chemo was not too bad for you?

Take care
Love
S
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Does anyone else feel just ' not with it' and spaced out?

Hi everyone, I have never spoken to anyone via a forum before and a month ago after surgery I thought I was a pretty tough cookie and would easily cope with all the treatment to come BUT I have to say, after my 1st chemo last week, I feel dreadful. Feel spaced out a lot of the time and walk into a room and forget why I am there or what I have to do! Please let me know I am not going crazy and things will get better.