cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it keep getting harder?

3 REPLIES 3
marli

Re: Does it keep getting harder?

Hi Dawn - I agree with everything Ev_ said. I had EC 6 years ago and apart from constipation found the fatigue the worst thing. Lack of sleep definitely contributes to it and the EC does seem to give night sweats that are a real pain. Try using less bedding and a COLD hot water bottle or a Chillow. I moved into the spare bed so was able to throw bedding on and off with gay abandon. lol

If you have no children to think about just ensure that you rest as you need to during the day. Think positively - only 4 to go !!

I am currently being treated for a recurrence and am having acupuncture for fatigue at the Chemo unit, which seems to help.

Keep smiling and good luck.  Marli xxx

Dizzy

Hi thanks for the reply, I know what you mean about feeling invincible, and if I know it's going to get worse at least I can be mentally prepared. I hope your 5th session went well, not much longer for you now to,see the back of this xx
evs_71

Unfortunately, the tiredness does get worse with each one - I didn't believe my onc or nurse when they told me this, as I think I thought I was invincible :), so I've found dealing with this quite hard. Lack of sleep probably doesn't help either. I'm due my 5th of 6 tomorrow, so in 3 weeks time, I'll be having my last chemo.. Hang in there xx
Dizzy

Does it keep getting harder?

last week I had my 2nd round of EC, although I have been very lucky not to get any sickness this time I just feel full of lethargy.  I can't seem to find the energy or inclination to do much at all.  I didn't feel like this with my first treatment.  Does get harder as each one passes?  I'm also sleeping terribly at night waking every 1 1/2 he with hot flushes, I did have this before staring chemo but this seems to be worse now. I know I can't complain as I have been lucky so far but it does get you down from time to time.  Diane x