Dog noses or dog ears! Missing my normal clothes now..any tips? has anyone seen improvement or

had revision to them?

Hi,

I am 5 weeks on from a diep reconstruction.  Overall, everything has been far easier than I dared hope. But… I have just stopped wearing the micropore tape and this seems  to have been hiding two pointy, sore bits at both ends of my abdomen scar. I am back at work and struggling to wear anything other than my very few bits of left- over maternity wear!! (Which is a very bizarre feeling, 5 years on from my last baby!)

Has anyone else had this ‘nuisance’? Or has any tips to reduce them? I’m a size 12 but after children had  fair bit of  spare tummy skin I guess at the edges this remains! Has anyone had surgically improved? 

Finally,  has anyone had contour revision to a diep flap to reduce fullness to reconstruction? I’m a bit overful on one side at the moment  (at the top, as is common I’ve been toldl) I estimate about two cup sizes difference…if so how was it? General or local? Was the result worth extra surgery? I wonder if things will shrink much more!!

Thanks

Hi

i have just been for my 6 month review with PS and have the same problems as yourself. I have dog ears at the ends of my stomach scar but cant say they pose a problem. i am however going for further surgery in about 6 months time to reduce my good side and also am having liposuction on my reconstruction to reduce that a bit and also fill in a dip i have along the top edge. When i get this done that will be me a year down the line as they like things to settle before any further changes. Hope this helps.

I am sixteen weeks after DIEP flap and have dog ears!  They need a better name for that.  Anyway, I will be having them fixed in two weeks.  I will let you know how it goes.  I did end up with a bulge in my lower abdomen just in the past two weeks which is basically a hernia and needs repaired so she will do both at the same time. 

I will tell you that it did take a few months for my breast to settle and the swelling to go down. It just may decrease like mine did.  Good luck

Thanks ladies.
Toothfairy did you find your swelling went down equally tween top and bottom of breast? I guess it has too!! I am hoping, foolishly, that the top will shrink and the bottom remain as is!
Please do let me know how yr revisions go .

I’m almost done in terms with having the various stages, so maybe my experiences might help someone. My diep was November 2013. At the time I thought no one would willingly have more surgery but actually, once you’ve had a big one, the tweaks are nothing. Had to wait till the flowing august due to waiting lists, but at that time I had lipo to reduce my foob which hadn’t lost any fat so was an E instead of a C. Also had lipo out of my dog ears, and the corners snipped off, a nipple created from folds and my tummy scar redone where there was an adhesion. I did have some bruising especially on my back which swelled, and bruises on one hip, but it was nothing major at all and I just had a couple of days off afterwards. The adjusted tummy scar healed really quickly and is now hardly noticeable. It required wearing support pants for another six weeks which was a real bore again!!

The had another tweak the following year as my foob was still big, though the shape was getting better. Just had a little dressing on it no bruising at all. The other people on the ward didn’t believe I’d had surgery cos I was up and about within half an hour. Waiting a bit more, then I then had my nipple tattoo which made a big difference in the appearance. Unfortunately it was still a but too big, say a D and slightly too big on the area near my armpit. So, waiting lists have got a bit boring and the surgeon suggested I had it with a local anaesthetic …it’s been 10 days now, just slight yellow bruising but hasn’t hurt or bothered me at all. Too early to tell but hopefully it might have got there this time. Having the colour enhanced a bit more…when I get up the waiting list again, so that’s going to be August…! That doesn’t hurt, but you do feel the pushing of the machine and your boob is held very firmly by the practitioner, so you might get a bit of bruising. I had my good nipple done first on surgeons recommendation to make it an easier colour to match. Now that was the MOST painful thing I’ve had done and I don’t think id do it again under local!! So I’d say go for it till you’re completely happy, these are just tweaks and we are worth it!