Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing it alone!?

7 REPLIES 7
June_BCC

Re: Doing it alone!?

Dear All

Just sending you all a gentle reminder about our daily Live Chat service - Talk Together. This is a private chat room where you can talk to others who are also facing breast cancer in confidence.

Talk Together takes place every weekday from 12.30 – 1.30pm and will not be moderated or accompanied by a nurse. If you would like to register or find out more information then please visit

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/talk-together

We hope that you enjoy using the service and that you find it helpful!  Thank you.

June, moderator

chascat

Hi Rosie, what a difficult position to be in, as fuffs said, what about Safa or SureStart, I know the government have cut a lot of funding for them but I think they're worth trying, also try your health visitor, she may be able to refer you somewhere. If you let us know which part of the country you're in there may be people on the forum who can help, should also add there is a facebook group for young women with Breast cancer, https://www.facebook.com/YoungerBreastCancerNetwork?ref=ts&fref=ts, if you like the page and send them a PM they'll add you to the secret group, I'm sure you'd find lots of help and support there too. Let us know if there's anything we can do. Take care CC x

Tra16

Hi Rosie

Sorry to hear about this. You are right - you need your husband. I hope you get it sorted soon. Tracey x
Fuffs123

Hi Rosie
You poor thing, I feel so much for you. Is there not some sort of welfare organisation fir the forces, is it called SAFA? Let's all see if we can help you, lots of ladies here with different backgrounds and experience to be put to use.. Please keep posting, so we can keep in touch. Xx Francine
pandorra1

Hi rosie, I hope you can get this resolved. Surely there must be someone you can contact to get them to sort this. Can your husband find out who needs to be 'woken up' to your situation. We could all sign a petition and get the newspapers involved. Seriously though, I hope this can be sorted, you have enough pressure. Keep us posted and we are all here for you lol xxxxxxx

Carmen42

Sorry, I can't help Rosie... unless you're moving near to Chester. Really hope someone on here can give you some better advice. But you're right they shouldn't be sending hubby away as you'll need his support emotionally and practically.

Thinking of you and hope things work out xx
Jo_BCC

Hi Rosie_ree

Please do give our helpline team a ring and talk to them about the situation you are in, they're here to support you through this.  Lines open again tomorrow morning at 9am through to  5pm (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

rosie_ree

Doing it alone!?

Could really do with some advice.
This is my situation . . . I have a one year old little girl and my husband is military. We are mid move to a completely new area so all of my notes are being moved across at the moment, this is fine. I will be having a mastectomy, chemo and rads, my husband has just come home to tell me he's being sent away once we have moved (not abroad). Now I just don't know what to do, the military are aware of the situation so I don't understand why he's going away. Anyway, how the hell do I look after a baby by myself during treatment? My parents and friends all work (they are all 3 hours away) and I will not know a single person. I feel like I'm staring at a massive wall and can't get over it 😞