cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing well 3 years on!!

16 REPLIES 16
Cookie17

Re: Doing well 3 years on!!

Thanks Quality Street, great to read your post. I will have survived terminal cancer for 3 years come the end of this month when I was first diagnosed in 2011.  Reading posts like yours, certainly gives people like me a lift and know you can beat the odds.  Thank you for sharing.

quality_street

quality_street

stresshead

Thank you Quality Street....helps so much, especially on the 'down' days which at the moment seem to be taking over. Best wishes
Desi-2

Thank you quality street that gives me hope xxxx
quality_street

Thanks Sue, hope things going well for you too xx

quality_street

Hi, Was on hormone (anastrole,Arimidex etc ) after initial diagnose but onc. Stopped them as she said they weren't working. Only went on Cape. 2 years ago when liver secondaries appeared, have had bone secondaries for 3 years and they have been stable for ages. Hope this info helps. Have never been told am triple negative but am too scared to ask !!!!😃
M

Desi-2

Hi again quality street hope you don't mind me asking but we're you on hormonals in between or are you triple negative? Xx
pumpkinsue

Dear Quality Street,

Congratulations on your 3 years and for letting us all know.  It is so great you are so active too.  Wishing you all the very best.

Pumpkin Sue

XxXx

quality_street

Thanks Flo x Hope you doing well yourself. Cyber hugs Gen x

quality_street

Wow😄well done you !! it's great to hear good news stories. Ps am using Aveeno cream for feet, it's fantastic. Onc reccomended it and got it on prescription ,also using socks with bamboo! They are so soft and comfortable, even better than cotton ones. cyber hugs 😄Gen xx

mrsblue

Hi QS, great to read your encouraging post.  Yes there is life after bone and liver mets dx 🙂

I see you're on capecitabine 2nd time around... me too, I had an 18-month break after being on cape for 2 years (had other treatments then) and it's working again.

Desi-2

Thank you so much really need to hear this xxxxxx
Downbutnotout

How lovely Quality Street. I'm so delighted to hear you're doing well and enjoying life.

Keep up the good work.

Flo

X

bc-lass

Wonderful x
Ethel_horner

Thank you xxx
quality_street

Doing well 3 years on!!

Hi, Hope this may cheer people up and give hope to those having a bad time. diagnosed with secondaries to bones, hips (both) , one which has been replaced, spine (radiotherapy sorted that out!) and ribs. Then liver secondaries, was on capecitabine for 18 months which worked really well so had 6 months off, yipee. Back on now as slight signs of regrowth but bloods now stable, have zometa every 3 weeks for bones. I go swimming and have a long walknearly every day and pick my grandson up from school . Life is good xx never give up hope😊