Don't Forget E45 Under Breast ! And Shower Less.

Hi, Just a quickie. I’ve finished my rads now & the only effect generally was a very, very light sunburn type - no bother at all. i was told to use E45 three times a day, light shower with simple soap (no soap on the area), shower infrequently, & that I could put E45 on 2 hours before the treatment. I absolutely slapped on the E45 & followed instructions - showering only once a week, on the Friday. I felt stinky, smelly & messy but it worked.

The only thing that I hadn’t realised was that the rads covered right under the breast & I didn’t put enough E45 in that area. Consequently I’m pinker there, but it’s not sore nor itching. I have VERY fair skin & was likely to burn so I think all this is worth passing on. The bra that I have used throughout is the Bravado, body silk seamless nursing bra. It is marvellous - very soft & no seams. I took the padded cups out during the rads & had also cut off the nursing straps so that nothing would rub. All of the staff (radiographers & breast nurses) are impressed with the bra & will be recommending it to others.

I hope this is useful to you & best wishes everyone.

Hi it worked out for you my skin under breast has split very sore I put e45on weeks before rads and after each day simple soap forgot to put e45under breast but got cream off docter so hope it heals soon xxx

Hi put e45on every day before and after but never put under breast so now skin has spit and now infected got cream from docter on Monday still very sore just putting cream 3times a day the nurse should have told me to put under never thought the rads went under thought just on thought I was doing well till after last boost Friday one day at a time xxx