Double masectomy, ex panders, brca2

Hi been 8 years since I was on here, 8 years cancer free. I’m brca2, just had double masectomy and currently have implants in, that was 3 weeks ago, feel great everything going to plan. Next week I start the expander process. The plan is they hold 400ml, I’ve got 100ml in now so got to build up to that. Then next July have them removed and replaced with implants, and new nipples and tattooing eventually. I’ve had the muscle from my back for the right side cos of having radiotherapy 8 yrs ago. I’m nearly 48. My questions are when I will be able to resume normal activities like housework, shopping without exhaustion. go back to work, I work in catering so can be heavy, when can I start exercising, I’ve always been very active, my exercise prior was weight lifting, pull ups, press ups, burpees etc, which uses back and chest muscles. (Sex life), feel scared of breasts bouncing, been touched, feeling numb. Will I be happy with my breasts.???

Hi I had tissue expander on on the left and then swapped for a silicone, with a silicone on my good side to match, it was 6 weeks before I did any vacuuming, eight weeks before I resumed running and horse riding and then I wore two sports bras. I could walk my dogs by myself for 6 weeks, although I walked with my husband before that. I’m still careful about heavy lifting… Bouncing wasn’t a problem, they are pretty firm. I do have some numbness, but that continues to improve, but the best thing is they look great. I went for a 32AA to a 32C ! Last Monday I had revision of the silicone on my mx side, as the shape was wrong. I’m very pleased with the result. I’ve never been a C cup before ( well maybe when I was pregnant), and the choice of bras is so much better.
I think you’ll be happy, but it takes time
Best wishes
Z

Thx u doing well. Take care and take it easy xx

I only had a single masectomy and then I started chemo.  I was exercising the entire time I was doing chemo.  I was doing the P90x workout with bands even though the doctor had told me not to use the arm on the side where I had the masectomy.  I even ran on the treadmill right after chemo…go figure right??? I found that by exercising  the chemo treatments were easier for me.  I did not have any problems and did 6 rounds like a champ.  I had the mindset that the chemo or cancer wouldn’t beat me and I continued doing what I did prior to the diagnosis.  I had plastic surgery and a silicon implant on the bc side.  I wish I had an implant placed on the good side but I didn’t.  My breasts or not he same size but I have lived with it this long…I am 6 years cancer free and have chose to continue my arimidex for another 5 years past the original five…no issues so why stop???  I think that since you are active, then you should not have any problems.  You may fill the implant shift every now and then and maybe an occasion pain from this. (Your muscles may be contracting.)  Its all tolerable. Just stay positive and keep moving forward.