Doxetaxal and vile Salt taste. Anyone else have this?

Starving here literally starving! I
hate Doxetaxal I wouldn’t mind toooooo much if the fact I have basically eaten nothing for the last 7 weeks (I’m in week 2 after last dox) had meant I had at least lost some weight… But no I’m bigger and bigger and BIGGER!!! Please someone tell me that one day soon I will put something in my mouth that does not taste like a tub of salt? Why the hell salt? How can a cornflake taste of pure salt?! I’m going mad I’m sure! x

hi Bernie

This really made me laugh. Not because it’s funny but because I had exactly the same thing. I thought I was going nuts too. I also put weight on during chemo but gradually losing it now.

I tried all sorts. Even things like fruit pastilles tasted of salt. It does go away though once you’re finished. Docetaxyl is nasty. It took a real dislike to me. I’ll be a happy bunny if I never have to do that again!

Sorry, I can’t give much advice but just reassurance you’re not going mad. x

I and the hideous salt taste and found that sweet things  helped to counteract it. I ended up with an addiction to McDonald’s apple pies!!!

I can relate to this ladies!..2nd Tax in, 8 days post dose now. Even water tastes salty!..i mean c’mon. Also found sweet things are overly sweet too…saying that am eating ok, find garlic helps alot though my hubby disagrees, haha. 

Luckily i love spicy food so everythings getting chillis in at the moment …not good on days 6/7 for my tum but its a balancing act. I know whatvyou mean re weight gain but also find can lose 4/5 lbs after each cycle due to losing the fluid ive retained too. 

Docetaxel is hideous…pains, numb mouth, taste probs, breathless, fluid retention, flaky nsils…but if its killing the little nasty critter cells i can hack it. Last dose 2nd Sept…roll on.

Gonna try a MaccyD Apple Pie tomorrow…purely research.

Jo,x

Hello JKY
Yes I can relate to the salty water too especially bottled. Freezing cold tap water with ice I find is best. I cannot eat any meat at all as it has a horrible waxy cardboard taste its all really indescribable to be honest. I hate chocolate the thought of it makes me feel nauseous-this however I think could be a bonus, I always envy people who don’t like chocolate so if the hatred continues post chemo I’ve cracked the diet!
Yep I agree you should research the McDonald apple pie for the sake of fellow sufferers. I will meanwhile continue my latte diet.

I’ve suffered with a really raw inside of my nose with docetaxel with lots of splits, bleeds everytime i blow it which is sooooo sore to do - anyone else had this?  Lucy

Hi Lucy…

that sounds sore love. Ive had a runny nose on Tax …think this is common tbh, and its slightly bloody at times, my nose feels a liitle congested but not overly sore.

Gave you contacted the onc team or GP and what havevthey prescribed for you?..sounds like rhinitis.

Hope it settles down for you.x