Drains out home in 24 hours post bilateral mx

Has anyone else had drains in just over night and home the next day after a bilateral mx??? Have surgery on Friday and have been told I can go on the Saturday ! Wasn’t expecting this and was also expecting drains in for much longer but apparantly they drain for ever more the longer they are left in.

I am thrilled I might be home in time for X factor, but also a bit worried that it’s SO quick.

Any advice or experiences anyone ??

After my double mastectomy I went hope with one drain,where they looked at Lymph nodes.The other side was drain less!!!so,even if you do home with a drain you will be fine.A word of advice though.A bar of chocolate will be required while watching XFactor…enjoy!

Sounds good to me ! Thanks Jilly xx

Hi, i had a single mx and node removal at 5pm on a fri, my 2 drains were removed at 1pm the next day, and i was home at 3pm. My surgeon doesnt normally use drains, but i had them as had seroma in excisional biopsy 6 weeks earlier. As long as u have help at home, then i think u r better off at home. Actually, had my op have been done in the morning, it would have been day surgery anyway. Good luck x

Thanks Lolly that’s reassuring to know x