Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dressings off today

2 REPLIES 2
Anniej
Community Champion

Re: Dressings off today

Hi Raitchr, glad you are doing well.

My lymph nodes were biopsied and showed positive, so they have all been removed  when I had the lumpectomy.  I'm afraid that's where the problem is. Very battered and bruised, and had a whacking big drain in . Came out after 5 days. I've learned to sleep with my arm above my head to help it drain. Massage seems to help get rid of the fluid as well, but the pain is now knocking the stuffing out of me. I'm back on my codeine tonight as I can't stand it. Will phone my BC nurse tomorrow I think. 

Raitchr

Re: Dressings off today

Hi I had mastectomy on 17 March. I had no drain or dressing at all. I have had a bit of pain from the area under my arm where node was taken for biopsy, just bruising pain from main wound. I have had a weird feeling like a wriggling which I assume is from cut nerves which are recovering. I am taking just paracetamol every 4-6 hours, given morphinebut it makes me feel nausaus. Feeling much better today although a shower is a real workout for me. 

Anniej
Community Champion

Dressings off today

WLE on 13th,  everything going well all told. Drain out after 5 days - which felt rather like a fire hose! Dressings off today . Everything very neat and tidy. However , I am having some serious stabbing pain in the underarm. Knocking me sick, quite frankly. Nurse advised regular painkillers. I am just taking ibroprufin and paracetamol as and when. Perhaps I need to do that, regular intake?

Has anyone else suffered this type of pain? The nurse didn't dismiss it, tried to sooth me by saying what a trauma I'd been through and the body was reacting. Also, the underarm feels very hard.

The  surgeon has left two quite long threads from where the nipple was replaced. Very odd!! I feel as though if I catch them it'll all unravel and my nipple will fall off 🤕. The nurse has just put a small dressing on to cover them. 

Feel a bit  pulled about today. Was hoping to feel much better.