Dull ache under the armpit

I had a lumpectomy 1 week ago and 2 lymph nodes removed. I have a dull ache in my arm pit. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this?

Hi dollywood, welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will find support and shared experiences from your fellow users. In addition, our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open Monday to Friday 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 so please feel free to call to talk any concerns or queries through

You may find the BCC ‘Recovering from your operation’ information helpful via this link whilst you await replies:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/treating-breast-cancer/surgery/after-surgery/recovering-surgery

Take care
Lucy BCC

Dollywood. Am sure it’s fine. I had sentinel nodes removed 3 weeks ago and still pretty painful and radiates under arm pit and down arm sometimes. Think the node removal takes a while to heal xx

Hello.

I too had an dull ache in my arm pit and also a stiff and painful arm especially from the elbow down.  Received an exercise plan from physiotherapist and everything improved.  However she suggested that I continue with exercises which only take 5 minutes or so for the rest of my life! Hope that helps.