cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mails

6 REPLIES 6
HelenL_BCC

Re: E mails

Thanks all, I'm sorry you were bombarded a bit there, Lakeslover! 

We’ve gone in to the back-end and switched email notifications off, so you can now 'opt-in' to the updates you wish to receive in your Profile. 

RevCat's given a nice explanation here on how that's done, and we'll also beaver away on some FAQs to get this information saved somewhere prominent asap.  

Thanks for your patience, all Woman Happy

Janet_BCC

Hi.

Lakeslover- I hope you have now managed to sort out the notifications.

RevCat- thank you very much for helping!

We're all still getting used to the new forum.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Lakeslover

Thank you.

I have done that, so lets hope it has stopped, 21 overnight!

I didn't even know they were caused by subscriptions, so I would never have found it on my own.

RevCat

Ah!  OK, sorry.  Yup, think I can help (this bit is also like the last version of the forum).

If you comment on a thread it seems to automatically 'subscribe' you.  If you don't want the notifications, then you can choose 'thread options' at the top of the thread and select 'unsubscribe'.

Alternatively, in your profile choose 'subscriptions and notifications' and under 'my subscriptions' is a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.  If you tick the boxes you can then use the 'email subscriptions' option to delete them (as far as I can tell this won't affect your bookmarks).  Once the list is empty the emails should stop...

I think maybe some of the defaults differ from the 'old' forum?

Lakeslover

Thanks. I can see frequency, but no option to say never, or stop. Am I missing something obvious? I must have had about 30 e mails from BCC today and I never used to get any except from threads I started.

RevCat

Hi Lakeslover,

If you go into your profile, then choose 'subscriptions and notifications' and then choose 'options' you can set the frequency of notifications at the level you prefer (actually quite similar to how it was done on the last version of the site).

It is probably worth exploring all the tabs as there are lots of things you can set the way you prefer them, e.g. to list posts newest first or newest last, and so on.

Hope that helps.

Lakeslover

E mails

How do I stop you sending me multiple e mails please.