Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBBies.... Edinburgh, Lothians, Central and East of Scotland

17 REPLIES 17
Lucy_BCC

Re: EBBies.... Edinburgh, Lothians, Central and East of Scotland

Hello EBBies members,
My name is Claire Thomson and I’ve recently joined the team here at Breast Cancer Care, Scotland. I was hoping to make contact with someone from EBBies to find out more about the group, how it runs and how often it meets. In my role I’ll be involved in running our Moving Forward services in Edinburgh, Livingston and Fife, so it would be great to be able to let ladies know about EBBies and also to be able to pass on information about upcoming events that might be of interest to EBBies members. If you coordinate the group or are involved it’d be great to hear from you. My number is 0141 353 8353 and email address is claire.thomson@breastcancercare.org.uk Thanks and look forward to speaking soon, Claire

June_BCC

Hello dotgirl

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you. 

I’m so pleased you have phoned the helpline for support and I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

Best wishes

June, moderator

dotgirl

Phoned the helpline and they suggested getting in touch with Ebbies. Went to the Carols by Candlelight last year which was lovely, well done. In mental black hole just now being post treatment from second primary. Thought it would help to talk with someone.
Lulu34

Sorry for the last minute post but ebbies are having lunch today in the voodoo rooms at 1.30. Xx
Lulu34

Hi Carole..... I didnt know where this thread had gona and only just found it....

Yes we still meet up.... But dont have anything arranged this month as a few of us are attending the BCC fashion show either as supporters and volunteers or as models.....

I will post a date when we have one for october.....

We are fairly active on face book so if you wanna join the EBBies FB group just give us a shout!

Glad your ops have gone ok but sorry your still feeling a bi naff hopefully lunch with the ebbies will put a smile back on your face.

Love and hugs xxx
cleokeo

Hi

I wrote way back in October and then couldnt remember how to access the forum!!  Im wondering if you still meet up and if so when your next lunch is.  

Since last writing Ive had my mx and reconstruction, followed just two weeks ago  by a nipple reconstruction and  uplift and reduction on my 'good' breast.   Must admit I expected to feel elated but the reality is a feel rather 'flat'.  So it would be good to share with others.

Hope youre well and to hear from you soon.

Carole x

k26

Hi there. Yip already booked for next sat....a 4th birthday party. Next time x
Lulu34

Hi there Karen. We most definitely are.

our next lunch is next Saturday.... 13/4/13 and we are planning to go to hamiltons in Stockbridge at 1.30. Our lunches sometimes last till teatime though, but you don't need stay all day.

We have a Facebook group too which I can add you to as well.... My fb details are in my profile I think.

look forward to seeing you sometime as we meet up about once a month so if this is a bit short notice there will be plenty more xxx
k26

Are you guys still active? I'm in West Lothian.

Karen x

Lulu34

Next EBBies lunch is on 16th Feb at 1.30 if your new and would like to join us please pm me.

we have an active faebook page too if youd like to join.

you dont need to live in edinburgh just so long as your happy to go out for lunch there.
Lulu34

Next ebbies lunch is on sat 20th from 1.30 at the red squirrel in lothan road. new ladies are always welcome to come along... We are a very friendly bunch.

Also organising our christmas night out on dec 21st at hamiltons in Stockbridge from 6pm. If anybody fancies it just let me know.

lulu xxx
Jefner

Oh, that really is pants! I don't always make the meetings but had an MX and recon this year (implant). Happy to share info with you if it'll help.
Good luck
Jennifer x

Lulu34

Hi carole i replied on the GABBies threas and was just away to bump this one for you.... my FB details are in my profile... If you add me i can add your to our FB group.
i have had two primary BC and a recurrence.... its pants but you get there in the end.... Second Dx was most definitely the worst one.

Welcome to the gang
cleokeo

Hi
Ive just read about Edinburgh Breast Buddies and wondered if you were still meeting and accepting new 'members'. Ive just been diagnosed with a recurrence of BC and will be having a mastectomy and reconsruction. This has come out of the blue - just after I took early retirement (fab) to do all the things I didnt have time to do - and then this - crap! Hope to hear from you soon. Carole
Lulu34

hope to see you then jennifer 🙂
Jefner

Third attempt at a lunch for me - hope to see you there 🙂
Jennifer

Lulu34

Next date for lunch is 21st July at 1.30pm in the red squirrel on lothian road.... Please get in touch if you wish to come along.
Lulu34

EBBies.... Edinburgh, Lothians, Central and East of Scotland

Small impromptu lunch tomorrow Sat 26th May at 1.30 in the red squirrel in lothian road.... There are five confirmed but table is booked for six people so if anybody else fancies it let me know.... And im sure we can squeeze another couple if need be.

Lulu x