EIP -CMF chemo

Just finished EIP and had 1st CMF monday 15th due 2nd 22nd anyone any info please?

Hi Kayteedid

I also had Epi-CMF from Sep08-Mar09. I found that the CMF was a kinder treatment. With Epi I felt very spaced out for three or four days which I hated, but nothing like that on CMF. It is tiring having to go two weeks in a row but you’ll get used to it. Rest when you can. Also watch out for neutropenia. I developed a high temperature after my third CMF and ended up in hospital on IV antibiotics with an unknown infection. After that I was given a Neulasta injection to boost my white cells the day after chemo. That all aside, I felt better on CMF than Epi. I hope you do OK on it as well.

Take Care

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie, thanks just a bit worried having two in a row, do you have steroids each time?
cheers Kath

Hi Kath

I only had steroids on the day of chemo. I didn’t have any to take on the following days, much to OH’s relief.

Jackie xx

Hi,
I remember being worried about the second dose but it was not very different at all really although the runs I had while on cmf got a bit worse. I have just posted on another thread about the runs I had while on cmf. The people who travelled along the epi/cmf path with me seemed to have an easy time on one or the other. My neuts were sky high while on cmf, without any help and even higher when checked for the second dose. Shows how different we all are. I reacted to cmf and had to have it run through a drip really slowly and be given iv piriton, which made me snore all the way through each trip. I had steroids on the day and some to take home but gradually weened myself off them as I realised I had no nausea and the steroids made my eye focus go all foggy.
Lots of luck on that cmf road trip, I called it the marathon compared to some others.Let me know if I can help at all
Lily x

i finished epi-cmf in nov but i had a different regime as i had all my cmf in one go every 3 weeks… but i found it awful especially the cyclophosphamide which caused excruciating pain in my face and put me into the menopause :frowning:

although the epi made me feel crappy for a few days after i had it and caused vein problems i did feel better in between treatments but with the cmf i just felt kinda flat the whole time… might just have been because of the cumulative effect but was glad it was over and i am feeling more normal again.

and i have loads of hair!

Lulu xx

Hi - only experience of the EPI which made me very sick - I did get it under control though with a 1/2 or a 1/4 tab of nausinam - it’s a strong anti -emetic and it worked for me - it does make you very sleepy though. I only got it after my GP had to make a house call but I think if you are sick they will help you find a cocktail of drugs that will get it under control so if all else fails try that.

Good luck I’m sure you will be fine - drink loads of water with the EPI too - you know it’s out of your system when your wee stops being pink in colour !!

Rx

Hi Ladies, thank you for your answers, just coming out of the first double dose cmf and se’s are now easing 8 days later, headache is going and foggy head clearing thank goodness, done practially nothing but lie about, it’ll be easier now I know what to expect. Thank’s again Hope you are all on the recovery road and can put all this behind you.
Best wishes love KathX