Ear pain

Hi I know this seems a daft question but as anyone else had ear pain with no inf my gp cannot find any thing wrong with my ear I’ve gtg to dentist next week to rule out teeth if not I have to mention it to onc it’s pain behind my ear goe up into my head and hurts when turn head to left as anyone else had this why wld I need to tell onc can u get cancer in the ear any help be great Laura

Hi laura
just to mention that the platinum chemos like carbo can in rare cases, cause tinitus, which may cause ear pain? Might be worth mentioning to your onc? I have the high pitched ringing in my ears all tge time since carbo, like i’ve been to a loud concert or nightclub! I wish lol!
Hope ur ok
tina xx

Thanks tina I have rung my bcn and she sd if still there in dec they will scan my head great! My ear behind the ear is tender and it seems to go up into the head sometimes can’t turn my neck it hurts like a stiff neck really strange but a we have to get on with it don’t we hope y coping ok xx

Hi Laura,

I do think your gp is wise in saying to check it out with the onc. So often we hear of stories where the gp has failed to recognise when we have a history of bc our problems may be related.

I was interested that tina said carbo can in rare cases cause tinitus. I thought it was only the cisplatin drug. I was given info when I was on that to report any ear/hearing probs as it can cause irreversible damage. I did get tinitus on it and saw the audiologist immediately to find my hearing in one ear was damaged slightly and I was immediately switched to carboplatin.

Laura do you have any lymph node problems in your neck area? Sometimes if it is high up it can cause that pain and stiffness. I do hope the onc can give you reassurance.

Dawn
xx

Hi dawn thanks no I’ve lung mets my node involved are in the chest cavity from wat I’ve read the lymph channels are in neck and by ear so whether that as anything to do with it I don’t no I’ve also got rhumatoid arthritis so I think it’s hard for them to say also my musell in in neck hurts so its all a bit of a grey area hope it settles soon tc Laura

Hi Laura

Perhaps the Helpline can offer some information whilst you’re waiting to see/speak to your onc?

Do give them a ring if you feel it might help.

They’re on 0808 800 6000 and are open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 9-2 on Saturday.

Best wishes.

Louise
Facilitator