Early morning anxiety/churning feelings.anyone else?

Hi everyone. ive suffered from this before i got bc. and wondered what other people may have done. i am 2cycles into chemotherapy and am sleeping well, i wake up earlyish and try to stay asleep as i dont need to get up for my husband or daughter, i try to relax and just lie there but get so worked up. i want to think of something quiet i could do without disturbing them. this morning, i lie thinking of visualisations,calm words, it would be too early to go out for a walk, especially as we have no hair and have to make ourselves a bit decent.
have chatted to helpline and they suggested breaking the routine, but i still feel tired, dont want to start doing things. perhaps i could get headphones and listen to the radio?
anyone had similar??
its so different from being at work, at least then the symptoms would just go as i had to get up.
hugs to all
annexxx

Hi Anne
I often had the same problem while on chemo (just finished now). Waking up tired in the wee small hours is awful and I remember it well. I usually had my ipod charged up and listened to audio books - some I had on disc and put on myself and some I downloaded from itunes. This worked for me most of the time. I wasn’t disturbing OH and listening to a story stopped me thinking morbid thoughts! If that didn’t work I got up, curled up on the sofa and watched rubbish on tele.
Wish I could be of more help to you as I know a good night’s sleep is so good for your physical and mental well-being.
Take care and I hope you find something to help.
Maggie

Hi Anne
just wanted to let you know your not alone, I finished active treatment in september this year and I still get that gut wrenching feeling sometimes esp first thing in the morning or in the middle of the night when I wake up with a hot flush ! Im back at work now but its still very early days and I am still learning to deal/come to terms with what has happened and what I and my family have been through over the last 9 months and to be honest what lays in store still , I just wanted to reply to let you know its perfectly natural to have these feelings and many more , I exercise as much as physically poss at the Moment and find this helps but talking helps takes the pressure away a little also it helps to share your fears / feelings

Take care hun x

Hi…I suffer from this even when I am not on chemo…I got some diazopam from the doctor when I was first dx as my mind would go into overdrive…then I got some sleep tablets from tesco…they helped…there are various kinds but I used kalms…failing that as Madjock says…I got up and watched tv…my OH kept finding me on the sofa asleep with the tv on in the morning!!!..the chemo is awful for disturbing your sleep…being nodless is rubbish…hope this helps you…M

thanks maggie lottie63 and applestreet. am going to have the radio nearby tonight with some headphones. and yep getting audio cd, dont have an ipod might be good way to go and yes. probably come downstairs and watch some tv.
thanks for the support as always
anne x

How about making a scrapbook Anne? You could have a basket with magazines, old cards, bits of material, scisoors, glue etc. Doesn’t really matter how it comes out, you just need a distraction. I’d advise going into a different room so the pressure to go to sleep is removed, make yourself a mug of camomile tea, put some lavender oil somewhere near, some music (headphones?) and get making something. Hope you manage to feel better soon xx

Nicola, i love that idea, xx i love mags too so have a supply ready.
thank you so much xxx