Eczema, spots and tamoxifen

Hi Ladies,
I’ve been on Tamoxifen since 3rd Jan and my eczema has returned with a vengeance. Haven’t really had it much for years, but my hands and thighs are really sore, I’ve got patches near my eyes, and now my face is blotchy and spotty. I have a spot on the end of my nose!
The usual eczema creams don’t seem to touch it.
Has anyone else had this? Is it because of the hormone changes? or getting overheated with the hot flushes at night, maybe? I’m on Tamoxifen for the rest of my life so I can’t just grin and bear it…
Any advice greatly appreciated
Jacquie

I enjoyed my epi-cmf…well, not enjoyed it…but whatever was in it cleared up my psoriasis which was ace…however…have noticed a few little spots of it coming back…so must be stressed…cant think why lol. Id say go see your gp and see what he can give you to help you out…failing that its back to the old faithful e45 stuff and baby oil in the bath again. Ive got cream for my psoriasis…but its now all out of date and i know its steroid based…so want to check it with docs before i ask for more of it.

My eczema disappeared when I was on chemo, it took about a year to come back. I think it must be the steroids that you take when you are on chemo, that get rid of it. I too get it on my face and I have gone back to my tried and trusted Nizarol shampoo of which I put a tiny bit in my hand and lather it and rub it on my face, leave for a minute or two, and rinse off. It usually gets rid of my facial eczema within a week. I also use Eucerin face cream with urea, and I think that helps to keep it away too.

Good luck,

Thanks for these answers. I’ll have a look for the Nizarol and Eucerin - can you buy them over-the-counter? I’m seeing Onc tomorrow so will ask him about it too.
Jacquie

Funny you should say that as I am on tamoxifen and have developed excema patches where I had elastoplasts etc when I was in hospital. Seeing my homeopath on Monday so will mention it to her. In the meantime, a couple of drops of Rescue Remedy in some plain body lotion has taken the itch out.

After my lumpectomy, all my long-standing patches of eczema disappeared. But then when I started taking Tamoxifen, they came back with a vengeance. I’ve actually been taken of Tamoxifen now, after less than a month on it, as it gave me severe psychological problems, and I’m getting the eczema back under control. Out of interest, the first Tamoxifen I was given was generic, and when the mental problems began, I asked the doctor to switch me to Nolvadex. The mental problems continued, but the eczema did start receding on the Nolvadex, so maybe a brand switch might work.

Thanks for your posts. My registrar just said ‘ooh that looks sore!’, then we moved on to another subject and I forgot to come back to it! Chemo brain!
I might ask about changing to Nolvadex next time I’m there.
Jx

here’s ignorance - what is Nolvadex? I’ve just had a year on Tam., am 43. Psoriasis has returned with avengeance after chemo and new is eczema. Are there any safe treatments for these skin complaints? They’re a real blight on already damaged appearance as summer approaches…

Sorry Ladies but thank God it’s not just me! Have been on Tamox for 2 months-have had odd bumps under my skin but now breaking out in spots! At 48 think I’m too old for this!
No idea if there is anything we can do about it. Am seeing my GP tomorrow anyway so will ask him. Small price to pay if it stops this bl00dy vile disease from coming back though?
Good luck!
Love Gill x

My eczema disappeared with chemo but came back with a vengeance on my left foot.
I put it down to the stress of having a PICC line put in but it is taking ages to clear even with two difference ointments from GP. I haven’t had eczema badly for years, and when I found my cream I noticed it was 10 years past it’s sell by date!

Can anyone help - I’ve got dry eczema-y patches above my eyes just under my (newly returned) eyebrows. It looks like I’ve overdone the pink/red eyeshadow! and looks really weird from a distance and disgusting closer up. I don’t know what i can put on it as it’s such thin, sensitive skin just there. I’ve tried simple moisturisers and Eucerin. I daren’t put betnovate on it.
Please help!
Jacquie

Hi Jacksy
I sometimes get eczema on my eye lids and they can split and feel very sore. When this happens I use a tiny dab of fullers earth cream - about £2 in a chemist - and it takes the soreness and redness down in a day. For daily use on my eye lids I use Simple kind to eyes balm (not the anti aging one). I NEVER ordinary moisturisers or Euceryn above my eyes as they bring the eczema back! Hope this helps.

Thanks pink, that sounds worth a try,
Jxx

My son suffers from eczema on his eyelids and i was told by the doctor to use johnsons baby shampoo on a cotton bud and wipe it on the eyelid.Dont know if it will work for you but it does for him! GILL