Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edinburgh Secondaries - New Support Group

8 REPLIES 8
Stephanie_BCN

Re: Edinburgh Secondaries - New Support Group

Hello Scottishlass,

I'm so pleased that you found the Edinburgh group useful and supportive after your first session. We always welcome your feedback here at BCC. Thank you

Carol
UK Wide Services Team

scottishlass

For anyone in the Edinburgh Area who would like to attend the next meeting for the support group for Secondaries, it will be on January 9th.
I attended this evening for the first time. Thank you for setting it up BCC. Val

scottishlass

Hope to be there tonight Isobel. Look forward to meeting you all. Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Just a reminder for all those interested. The group meets this evening 6pm in the MacMillan Nurses office at the Western General. It's Aromatherapy night tonight! So come along and be aromatised!
Isobel

Guest user
Not applicable

Val...I've pm'd you.
Went last night to this. Initially, I had mixed feelings about it, as I'm not really a 'joiner', but I found it very helpful. Everyone is very different as you might imagine, but it was nice to feel the support. It was also nice to eat the Danish Pastry...:)
If there is anyone else with secondaries in Edinburgh, or thereabouts (I'm in Dunbar), and you are curious, please come along. The next meeting is on the 5th December from about 5.30pm onwards and there will be an aromatherapist coming to give us a taster.
The meetings are in the Macmillan Nurses Office, at the Western General Hospital.
To anyone who was there last night, it was really nice seeing you all and thank you.
Isobel

scottishlass

Did you attend the meeting last month Isobel? If so how did it go. Val

scottishlass

Hi I have sent you a PM Izmark.
I will not be able to attend this meeting this time as I will be having surgery that day. But I would like to meet up at the next meeting. Just to let you all know I still want to join the group. Val

scottishlass

Hi Isobel, I hope to come along to the next meeting on September 5th at the WGH. However I am waiting to have a hip/thigh operation so not sure how this will fit in as I haven't got any date yet for my op. But I have put the date in my diary. I hope you get a good response as I think this is a group that has been much needed for people in the same boat. Keep in touch. I will try my best to be there. Love Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Edinburgh Secondaries - New Support Group

A new group for those diagnosed with secondaries has been established. Meetings are to be held in the Macmillan Nurses Information Centre/Office at the Western General. Due to very short notice, only a small group were there yesterday evening (13th June).
The next meeting will be on September 5th from 1800 - 19.30 and we thought that the first Monday of each month would be a good place to start. These times/dates are not set in stone and can be flexible to try to reach all those who are interested.
Meetings will be facilitated by one of the Macmillan Nurses, meaning that they will kick off the meetings, but will then retire into the background, but will be available for any questions or one to ones in a private room.
Meetings can be what we want them to be and it was even suggested that in the future, we could get someone e.g. health care professional, complementary therapist etc, to come along.
If you require any further info, please ask or PM me.
Isobel