cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

4,151 REPLIES 4,151

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Hi Delly,

Thank you for posting on our thread. I do hope you are well and that bc is not the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning.

To answer your question, I went to South Africa, and while I was away the others visited my home in Switzerland for a "virtual vist". They had a lot of fun, I believe, and wrecked my place with their laughter and their "virtual fun" ! Goodness me, how times flies, a  lot has happened since then, but unfortunatly, I have not managed to return to Sout Africa since 2010.
Have a cosy Christmas and take care of yourself.

xxxx

Good Christmas Evening to all you ladies here.

I'm on my tod tonight and over Xmas, but I'm enjoying revisiting various threads I've popped onto occasionally, such as this.I was interested to go right back to your source post, Marial and have a quick read. Please do tell me where that special 2 week holiday back in May 2010 was to ??

I was a latecomer to this wonderful forum 2015, after my BC experience 2006 and 2007 (both mastectomies and full node clearance, but thankfully no chemo or rads). Sooo wished I'd found it sooner. It's been a godsend and I've had amazing support and shared laughter, (tears and rants also) from so many wonderful, loving and compassionate women, including yourselves, in many a dark hour.

Lucky that BC has not caused any further problems physically, but has unfortunately been one of the major contributing factors to Bipolar, amongst many other trauma's, losses, grief.

I am hoping you are all well, or if not, I wish you strength that you soon will be.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Contented New Year.

Lotsa love

Dellywellydingdong xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

I too am one of the ladies who found this wonderful forum , and the thread about embarking was a wonderful lifeline for me in those awful dark days.  I was Dx 8 years ago this week . A large lump with its friends in my axilla too. After all the treatment I am happy to be moving on and living life to the full . It has been a privilege and a pleasure  to chat with all the ladies on this thread, what friends we have become. How the time has gone by. We have kept in touch and share joys and sometimes sadness too . 

Community Champion

sandra

What a truly inspirational post, thank you xxx

Is it really 7 years since we met, Maria, Saffron! Seems like you girls have been in my life forever! So lucky to have found you for support during those awful months of treatment. We had lots of tears, but lots of laughs too. Only way to get through this dreadful disease. 

I was diagnosed in February 2010, mastectomy, chemo, rads. Sadly lots of lymph nodes with cancer. But I am still here, never thought I would say ‘cancer isn’t the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning’

For  those ladies starting this nightmare, find a nice group of ladies and stick with them through treatment, start your own group. The support you  give each other will be truly amazing, it will get you through on those dark nights. 

And a special Thank you to breast cancer care, without you we wouldn’t have the truly amazing friendship and support we still have today. We come from all over the UK and overseas too! And we still manage to meet for some fun, as we are this Friday........ plenty of wine/coffee and good company xxx

Highlighted

yep I also am one of the Embarkers and can't thank Maria or this forum enough for giving me this support and friendship over the years.   It is Pink October which some people don't 'like'  (the Pink bit anyway).  For me if it brings attention to Breast Cancer and raises awareness and gives additional funding for both support and for research then I will go Pink anyday.    I too am over 7 years down the line - I had a huge tumour, lots of nodes involved and had mx, chemo rads and I am still on hormone tablets but yes I am fit well and happy so what more can I ask xxxx

7 years on and still here !!  and 14 years living with bc.

Thank you to the forums for having allowed us to support each other so well. The original members of this group have now moved on.  We are 16 (we were 18) and have very different stories but we are still in contact and supporting each other through thick and thin. Hugs to anyone who remembers us and hug to thoses who don't.

Take care of yourselves,

Maria

Spoiler

Haven't been here for such a long time so belated thanks Marial to your messages of last year!!

And I repeat everyone's praise for this wonderful supportive forum, allowing us to be in contact with other alike BC-ers.

I also repeat the praise to all the staff who enable and maintain it.

Speak to us Mands123. How you doing??

Loadsa love

Dellydoodah xxx

Please contact me xxx

Today is the 7th anniversary of the routine mammo .... and we all know what happened next. I found this thread some while after my Dx. And I have been so grateful for the ongoing love and support we have shared. It has been wonderful to meet so many very special ladies xxx

Hello Maria, I'm pleased to have found your follow up post. Since my first dx when I met you six years ago many of us Embarking ladies have become such firm and suportive friends for eachother. Life has been better for knowing you and my other special friends. It's amazing how we have all been able to meet up from all parts of Britain and Europe, and all walks of life. I have recently had great support from you and our other friends when I needed further treatment. Thank you for all your support and here's to many more get togthers wherever they may be taking place xxx

Another year has gone by. The organisation of the forums seems to have changed yet again, but as I don't come here very often, I may well just forget. Can I blame chemo brain 6 years on ?
So now in 2016, I am 13 years passed my first diagnosis and 6 years on from my 2nd. There is hope, that bc does not become your biggest problem ! Unfortunatly this is not the case for some of our members of this threat started in 2010. However this is a positive message to thank the staff that enable these forums to continue because they were certainly a life-line for me in 2010.

I wish everyone all the best.

ps sorry hellywelly, I did not reply to your message, I hope your holiday to Florida went well. I'm sure you realised, you just get on with it, but it was not always easy.

Hi marvel

I have just come across one of your messages I I saw you flew to south Africa after chemo how long was your flight! I'm going to be starting another six lots of chemo and I'm pushing to start this week so if all is OK then I would be off to florid a 3 weeks later, just wanted some advice please x

Oh, Delly, what a shame we don't come here very often now. You understand us very well, yes we are barking mad. I hope your reconstruction sorts it self out soon. I think we had left the forums by the time it was reconstruction time, not an easy time at all, but for those who went through it, it was worth it in the end. Take care of yourself, be kind to yourself and let others take care of you too. There is life after bc, but it also has its troubles and its joys too.

hugs xx

Ps. Yes perhaps the title SHOULD be "Embarking on a barking mad adventure" xx

Well Hellooooooooooo,

I've been pestering and annoying the ladies on the newly dignosed thread, even though I'm 9 (at 47yrs) and 8 years down the line. Told them I shouldn't be taking up their thread space, time,ears and eyes but they've assured me they still want me (awww nice! ).

Briefly,  2nd boob diag and mast wasn't even a year apart from the first. Took me 8 years (am now 56 - boohoo) to be able to embark on implant  recon last March, due to a series of other major traumas and losses :-  my Dad, business, income, home, partner, Mum then bruv, as well as boobs + moving area. I need a job, income, partner and am not afraid to admit - I'm very lonely. Are you feeling sorry for me yet ?? And do any of you want a lodger ??  

Am part way through the recon trek, should have had my expanders > silicon  replacement op last Sept,  but it got cancelled and I then lost the momentum because of a big mental downer slump. It's a long process to commit to coming from delayed nothingness, and I have until next March to get back onto the recon horse before I may start having probs with the expanders. So I either need to get a labotomy, head transplant or connect a couple of wires to my temples to kick start my brain - try and get a more positive attitude back. My poor cat's fed up with me being miserable.

So, now I've found some more people to annoy - at all different stages of pre-op, post op. and I like bonkers/barking people 'cos I can be that way myself. But am not without a serious, empathetic and compassionate side as well tho'.

Nice to meet you all. I'll spend a bit of time dipping into some of the previous posts here and I believe I have you, Maria, to thank for it. I think some other buddies who are now further down the line than "just diagnosed" may be popping on as well. Hope that's okay - well tough if it is.

Lotsa love

DoolallyDelly xx 

Thank you Jo, always good to hear the 'doing' well posts as well as the 'help'  very frightening time for all the new ladies, so my heart goes out to them all. Stay well Jo. as for birthdays and diagnosis, told my family they are never to refer to the date as my diagnosis it is just a my youngests (38) birthday! xxx You stay well too xxx

Community Champion

Ah Sandra that's so lovely to read, I have found this site an absolute god send and feel like I have made some lovely friends, my treatment ended on my sons Birthday and I was diagnosed 28 years to the day I met my husband so both dates will always be bitter sweet to us! Long may you continue to be well and happy 😊😊 Jo 

9th February 2010 will be with me forever (my sons birthday!) unfortunately a day l was diagnosed with breast cancer. I joined breast cancer care a month or so later, it was a lifeline for me.  Even today l feel emotional when l come on here.
For all you ladies who are just starting on this journey, l know how terrified you are feeling, you will get there, support each other, join in with one of the very special groups that start on here.  I joined with the Embarking on an adventure started by 'our' Maria. We laughed, and cried lots, but mostly we laughed, because we were so supportive of each other, when one lady 'fell' we soon picked her up.
After all our treatment we moved over to facebook! for whatever reason, it was supposed to be just us 'embarking' ladies, but our group has grown and grown, almost 1000 members.
Some of the original ladies meet on a regular basis, even though they come from all over the UK along with Switzerland and Spain.  More than happy to tell you we are meeting in  few weeks time  in London.  Cant wait to give my life long friends a special hug xxx xxx  Stay strong ladies, make your own supportive group, it really will help going through your treatment. 

A special Thank You to Breast Cancer Care for all their very hard work, for all their online support, they have an amazing helpline, which l used lots of times back in 2010.  Without you 'we' would never have met xxx

Yes october again although for those of us who have been through it we don't need it to be october to remember. Its good to raise awareness though and even if only one person stops to check their breasts then its job well done. Me i also joined embarking in 2010 a year for me lots of tears but lots of laughter too then and now for the wonderful group we have. Thank you to maria and to all the others whose friendship and support has meant so much in the last 5 years .

It's October, and time to think of all those, who need the forums to help you get by during such difficult times. I'm sure I posted in 2014 on this thread, but I cannot find it. Once again I am saying hi to any of those who remember me in 2010 and 2011. I do hope life is being kind to you.

To celebrate the new forums, I am just posting here to say Hi to all those who "know" me and welcome to any who don't. I was diagnosed with bc in 2003 the first time (and again in 2010) and so will be posting in Oct or November to announce my 10 years  after my annual scan. 

These new forums take a bit of getting used to, but they are worth it, I have met such a lot of wonderful people. Our little group is meeting up mid Sept. We have met  up for real many times since meeting here. Virtual friends that have become real friends. Such support is great.

Take care of yourself everyone.

Hugs to you all, Maria xx

Hi everybody ! Yet another of the "originals "
Good to see that we can still activate the thread and its so strange to read back over those awful months . We got through it all because we had to , there was no alternative and we had the best support we could have wished for in the other ladies on the "Embarking " thread , many of whom have become my dearest friends , we keep in touch very frequently and ,meet up whenever possible , which for me is more difficult as like Maria I live abroad , but I´ve met most of the "embarkers ".
We often said that it should have been entitled "Barkers " as there were certainly times when the posts went a bit "barking mad ", just showed that you could have fun whilst going through it all .
Like Maria and others , I would not like the thread to become any sort of book , as the comments I made here were for members of the BCC forum only , Many things I did not tell my family and I would´nt be happy with them reading it now . Some things are best kept between us all .
To Natasha ,Wattie , Sam and Jackster I wish you all the best , this forum will help you through whatevre is thrown at you .xxxxKanga ( I was re-christened by the embarking girls ! )

i have been very negligent and not been on this thread for a while but so glad it is still around. As 1 of the original embarking girls I wouldn't feel happy about a book being made about our very personal journies. To me this was, and hopefully still is, a safe place to say how i feel. Things I wouldn't want my friends or family to see.
I have recently been re-diagnosed for the third time and about to start on a new journey. i am thinking of starting a new thread which if even has a 10th of the success of Maria's that would be fantastic.
The support i had, and still have, from the wonderful ladies who were the orginal embarkers is amazing and I am humbled. Most of us have met and continue to do so as life allows.
Natasha, Wattie, Sam and Jackster hoping that treatment is kind to you. sending cyber hugs
To my embarking friends that have posted recently, love and hugs
k xx

Hi Wattie, Sam, Jackster and Natacha,
Nice to hear from you, although I am sorry we had to meet this way. I do hope all goes well for you.
Your idea is very interesting Sam, but if there is just one person who has posted on this thread who would not be happy about making a book, it must not be contemplated. Personaly, it would not want to share any of my comments with the world.
Nice to see you here, Tors, Dee, Taxi, Libby and all those who are lurking around.
All the best to one and all
Hugs Maria

Thoughts ladies, I think this thread could be turned into a book. A friend of mine move dto Portugal and kept a blog for a year about her first year living there and Kindle turned it into a downloadable book. Maybe this could be done with this thread, containing all the journeys.

Sam xx

Hi Natasha
I had five treatments and was due for the 6th when my mother died suddenly. I didnt go to get the treatment and when I saw the Oncologist the following week she said that if I didnt get the 6th then she couldnt be sure that I would be cured as I would in effect be relying on 2nd generation treatment. Influenced by my children I agreed to the last treatment. At least I can say that i did everything to ensure cancer stays away.
Jackie x

Hi Natasha27

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. As well as your fellow forum users our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need to talk to someone in confidence. 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hello Everyone,
10mm Tumor with clear lymphs + horme receptive

I was diagnosed in December, 1 week before Christmas, it was such a shock at the age of 27 with no family history, I had a lumpectomy in January and have had 4 rounds of chemo, and have pretty much decided I'm not going to do the last 2, theres been 1 research done in America on 4 vs 6, and the results are pretty similar, I just wanted some advice from someone in my situation... am I mad to stop?

Thanks for your time Love Natasha xxxx

Thank you denise,
I love it on here as everyone knows how you feel as we are all in the same boat! My the size of that boat would be enormous wouldn't it and can you imagine the arguements of where we should go with there being mainly women on it!!

Sam x

Hi Sam
So sorry you had to join 'the club' Smiley Sad
I'm sure after reading through some of the post on here that that determination you have to succeed will continue. The forums are great for support and advice, and there's usually somebody around who has been there, or is going through it too; I found it invaluable when I went through my treatment three years ago.
I wish you well on your journey and of course your wedding next May!
Denise x

Hi ladies,
May I join you? I am at the beginning of my journey and currently feel I am climbing Mount Everest. Every step has felt painful and I have longed so many times to turn back time and not be on this journey. However, that said, in the past few days I have found a new determination to climb on. This determination I have to say has come from the support and love from my family and friends. They are my back up team carrying the essentials for my journey, hugs words and plenty of coffee, wine and lunches. My closet team members are my mum (diagnosed in March 13) and my partner( suffering silently as my moods swing).
I will complete this journey as there is something that will make me the happiest girl in the world waiting for me next May. My wedding. I know already, the day will be even more special due to this journey. I will be surrounded by my back backup team team who will be pleased I completed the journey. So I am getting ready to raise a glass when I reach that day.
Happy journeying fellow travellers,

Sam xx

Good luck to you too Wattie, your group and everybody here on this forum too xxx

Fantastic ladies true inspiration x

'Three years ago today'...... I didn't know I had breast cancer. I was waiting for my results and assumed all was well, how wrong was I !! My false sense of security came following my mothers dx 17yrs and 1yr earlier, she was notified within a week and I wrongly assumed that no news after two weeks meant all was well; so what a shock to the system when the dx came the following week.

So I joined these lovely ladies here on this thread; and boy did they support me in my darkest days, those early days of dx; waiting for a treatment plan, waiting for the results of the scans..... they really got me through. We've shared tears, laughter, hugs - virtual and real, kicked butts when needed (can't say @r$e) and given lots and lots of TLC.

I don't know how I would have coped without BCC , this thread, those ladies (yes there are some!) and the support from others on this forum. It really is a lifeline in those darkest of days.

So now three years on I am back in the waiting room waiting for my mammo results and not assuming anything. I'm back at work full time and struggling to balance home and work, but it is one struggle I am more than happy with.

And oh yes! My mum is now 20yrs and 4yrs dx so yes there is life after breast cancer.

Here's a post I did for another thread on m three year cancer-versary. I thought it was appropriate to put it here, in a 'circle of life' type of thing.....

Three years ago today

Three years ago today I was wishing that time would jump forwards so I could be where I am today, rather than where i was three years ago today. I was hoping that in three years, on 6th March 2013, I'd be feeling well, fit, happy and alive. I didn't think I would be alive. I thought I'd be long gone, having died an agonising death, and not having seen my little boys grow up. Three years ago today, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my world suddenly froze. I couldn't envisage ever feeling like myself again, as I felt so different, so apart, so separate and so isolated, and so very far removed from the person in my head, and in my body, and in my heart who I had known so well for the last 36 years. Three years ago today, i learnt that I wasn't invincible and that bad things could happen to me. I learnt what a panic attack feels like, I learnt a whole bunch of cancer terminology, I learnt that the medical side head tilt usually precedes bad news, and I learnt how to break my mum's heart without even trying. Three years ago today I met an awesome surgeon who let me fall apart, hopefully saved my life and continues to gently poke fun at my ability to be terrified about the smallest thing whilst simultaneously quoting the most obscure research to prove a point. Three years ago today I realised that my life was now a before and an after, and I started to make plans in my head for my little boys' futures if i was no longer around to care for them, and it was then, three years ago today, that I realised exactly how important my lovely husband was to me, how much I depended on him and how much I loved him. Three years ago today, I had never  had chemotherapy, or seen myself with no hair, and I didn't understand that sometimes you could be so terrified and anxious that you just couldn't physically chew and swallow food. I didn't yet know the best way to tell people that I'd been diagnosed with primary breast cancer, and I didn't realise that each time you told someone new you would be forced to deal with their emotion and shock and end up reassuring them, whilst inside you were numb. Three years ago today, I stepped into a totally different world. A world of being a patient, of being ill and dependant. I stepped into a world where I was given a glimpse of what it might be like to be old, of the soul sapping reality of losing your independence and aching all over, with a time clock ticking rapidly towards your final hours. I saw the thin line between life and death, the vulnerability of the lives we build up and how they can be dashed through in a single moment. I was shown the arrogance of believing that you can plan your life and expect things to work out as you had decreed. Today, three years later, I am glad I am not still living in that day, three years ago. I am now where I wanted to be on that day. This is the three years I wanted desperately to pass, and now, three years after that day, I am grateful. I am grateful to be here and well enough to write this. I am grateful to have had a first class medical team who have looked after me. I am grateful to have a fabulous, happy and healthy family, and to have a bunch of great friends. Three years since that day, I have made new friends I have met along the way, who have become an intrinsic thread in the pattern of my daily life. But, I have also lost friends who were not as lucky as I was. And it is for those friends that I am celebrating being here today, three years after that day. When I am raising a glass of something sparkling later today, I will remember all those ladies who didn't get to mark their 'three years ago today' moments, and I will try to live each day well, using the lessons learnt from that day, three years ago today.  But, I will do my best to live those moments  in the vibrancy of this day, three years later, rather than in the shadow of that day, which is in the past, where it belongs, three years ago today. 

I'm still around too. Still splurging all my emotions onto the page! Thanks Maria for the thread. I've just read some of it back through. Christ, 2010 was a hard year. :-(

Brilliant well done to all of you, I too find this site absolutely essential in helping me get through my treatment. I find these forums so helpful and likewise am lucky to be part of a great group of February Valentines that help each other through the good days and the bad. They are great virtual friends who I cannot wait to meet in real life.
good luck and love to you all xx

Just to add thanks to Maria who started this thread 3 years ago and without this group on BCC couldn't have got through these last 3 years.
I unfortunately have been through it twice in the last 3 years and finished my last lot of treatment on 12th April.
I've made some wonderful friends on here in this group and it was lovely meeting up with some of them and hoping to meet up with the rest soon.There is life after cancer

Thank-you Maria for starting this thread some 3yrs ago. I had been Dx some 3-4 mnths earlier and was struggling. Then I found this thread and some lovely ladies who I have spent time with through thick and thin.We have had a variety of treatments. We are still in touch and have travelled a long road together. Giving and receiving support still Thanks to BCC for helping this to happen and to Maria and the 'gals' for all the support,fun and laughter along the way even when fun and laughter seemed a long way away at times J xxx

18 of us who were on this thread are still in contact and continue to support each other and meet up when we can. I have decide to resuscitate this old thread, just to let those who followed us in 2010 and 2011, and any newbies that need some good news, that we are all still here. It has not been plain sailing for all of us, one of us had to have more chemo and rads and another is playing the waiting game again at this very moment.
My first diagnosis was 10 years ago, and I had a new primary in 2010 (when I started this thread), so I am very happy to still be here. Plenty of things have happened since then and most of them have nothing to do with bc, which is why I don't come here very often. However I can only repeat what I have said before: I am humbled by reading the posts of all those people facing what we faced in 2010, and by those who have never left and continue to support the newbies and each other. I was a newbie once and I will never forget those who supported me. I am sorry that my life has got in the way of coming here more often to support everyone.
To those who have been here from the beginning, you know what you mean to me, to those who I have had the privilege to meet, I am so grateful to you, and to all those who have the curiosity to come to our thread, welcome, take care of yourselves and know that you will get great strength and support for the forums and will meet some wonderful people. To the bcc staff thank you for all you do to enable us to meet and support each other, it means such a lot, and helps us more than you can imagine.
I just want to wish everyone all the best and I hope that you have the strength to face what life has to throw at you. Take care of yourselves and let others take care of you too.
Love Maria

Gosh where does the time go!
Feel sad that this thread has fallen by the wayside! But on the other hand it means us girls are getting on with our lives! still having the worries that will always be with us! But enjoying ourselves! having regular meet ups! causing havoc wherever we go!
I had a reconstruction in August and really pleased with the result! so another step towards getting my life back! will get a new nipple and uplift after Christmas! so really looking forward to that!
So many ladies l could say hello to that helped me through this rubbish, but too many to mention................So will just say Big Hello to all you lovely ladies, not just on Embarking, and you know who you are..............
xxx

I hardly ever come on the forum now and hey presto see 2 of the gang here Saffronseed and Kris. I can certainly echo all they have said. This thread got me through some really dark days. ( In the tunnel and no way out) but hey there is light at the end of it. It will be 3 yrs in Nov since I was Dx and 2 yrs next month since I finished rads. I don't know where I would have been without the embarkers and indeed still don't as we are all still in touch through good times and not so good.
Had a bit of a prob getting to the reply part but not used to the new style forum.
Love and hugs to all who need them J xxx

Hi Kris came on to have a glance and saw 'our thread' in the top ten once again. Yes I agree the site was a lifeline to us all and I am unsure what I would have done without it. The site is more difficult to navigate now and I know some people find it difficult to post but I believe BCC are trying hard to sort it all out. Glad to hear that your onc was pleased with you today and all is well. Yes if there are any new ladies there is light at the end of the dark dark tunnel and whilst the cancer stuff never goes away it does become much easier and it is not always the first thing you think of when you wake up and the last thing you think of before you go to sleep. on a really positive note I have met some wonderful ladies and we are in touch on a daily basis - like a second family. xx

Its so long since I posted on here . Maria´s thread helped us all so much and was a vital lifeline for many of us . I stopped coming on here because i seemed to be having difficulties , and see now that my profile has gone as has my photo .
The "Embarking " girls are mostly on FB a thread called Breast Friends where all are welcome , we stated it over 12 months ago and has proved very popular .
Amazing to think that it is 2 years 9 months since I was dx , saw the onc today and everyting is fine , there definately is life at the end of the tunnel , but you have to crawl rgrough it first .
Goodluck and love to you all .Kris

Yes agree with you Maria in that the mods might want to 'move us on' to another 'title'

Maria; without you starting this thread we would not have got together, and become the good friends we have.

To any 'newbies' reading this:
This site got me through in my dark days and without it I don't know where I would have been. Yes it's true we have migrated to FB but I will never, ever forget BCC and the wonderful work they do. Whenever I go to hospital, or hear of somebody newly dx, I always mention BCC - I had a recon the other week and some of the ladies were still getting their heads around dx and the mx..... needless to say I mentioned this site and how it got me through.

Thank you Maria and BCC for being there when I needed you most xxx

Love & Hugs, Dee xxx

Ps: Wendy if you want to join us just PM any of us....

PS to the moderators, you may want to move our thread to "living with bc" because that is what we are doing now, athough some of us are still on tamoxyfen or arimidex or femara.

I have been away from here for a long time, thinking I was protecting myself. Coming back here has made me cry, but not in a bad way. It is different from our face-book group. I am having a bit of "What is the meaning of life crisis", but I am humbled by reading the posts of all those people facing what we faced in 2010, and by those who have never left and continue to support the newbies and each other. I was a newbie once and I will never forget those who supported me. I am sorry that my life has got in the way of staying here to support everyone.
To those who have been here from the beginning, you know what you mean to me, to those who I have had the privilege to meet, I am so greatful to you, and to all those who have the curiostiy to come to our thread, welcome, take care of yourselves and know that you will get great strength and support for the forums and will meet some wonderful people. To the bcc staff thank you for all you do to enable us to meet and support each other, it means such a lot, and helps us more than you can imagine.
hugs to one and all xx Maria

We had a wonderful meet on 16th April. it was so good to meet up with the people that have kept me sane(ish) over the past 2 years. For anyone that was lurking on our thread sorry we have disappeared but we are on facebook and still give each other so much support. If anyone wants to join us please inbox me.

K x