370094posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Kirsty16

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

FEMARA Hello Kanga , just to add that I"m taking Femara, but like you not sure why. I'm 6 weeks post rads after WLE , SNB, 6 x FEC and rads, so in that in between stage (hope it is and not permanent) - of not taking up the reins fully yet - as dropped them all last year !! think i might want to find some new reins to take up - being retired. Had hoped to 'sort' lots of things while off from normal life , doing treatment but hadnt reckoned on chemo brain. Didnt realise I'd had it so bad till it started to lift. Not sure if its gone , suspect it goes slowly. Lost lot of confidence due to that - and whenever you stop doing things, like driving, the confidence can go , but soon comes back when start up again. sometimes takes a lot of will power to get out there and face things again - I"m finding.

hadnt meant to ramble on !! when amongst friends ... While on here - trying hard not to look back but reading all the posts here , Why was I given FEC only when I had some spread to nodes - even if only to Sentinel ones. why not FEC T. Had long discussions about why they werent recommending full node clearance even when found some in 2 nodes and I was , just about, OK with that - chemo and rads should have zapped any stray cells. and I"m small and they thought might not find many more nodes anyhow as had taken the next level too during SNB. and they were -ve. Still had nagging though there might be some further up though but what do I know. they seemed to have gone against guidelines - cant decide if I"m happy they are using latest evidence and taking an all round approach - rather than being blinkered and just follow guidelines which are probably lagging behind latest evidence - knowing how NICE work. Wish I didtn think about these things so much - but its our bodies and lives !! Get fed up with all the stats and probablilities they quote - someone has to fall in the small percentage that dont respond etc Dont want that to be me !!!!

Back to Femara - took it for 4 months at start of 2010 pre op and no side affects at all except hair started to recede and thin at temples. Back on Femara when rads started in NOvember last, this time , hair is growing back after chemo and not started to thin yet (coming back really thick and tight waves after cold cap on chemo, and SO healthy - but after the weather, hair dryer and hair products it will soon be usual self my hair dresser said - hadnt thought that we are getting "NEW" hair when it regrows !!), also getting stiff joints, overnight and after sitting a while - but last few days not so bad. Hope it goes. a few hot flushes but again not too bad. fingers crossed. Whatever happens I'm not stopping Femara . Have you had a DXA scan ? Femara can thin the bones. mine showed osteoporosis so taking Protelos and Ca and Vit D. Havign trouble remembering to take but gradually getting into a routine, have to be careful not to take Ca with certain foods. Is nothing simple !!! Kirsty

pina_c

Denise, good luck for Tuesday.

Gill xx

Silver10

Denise - hope all goes well for you on Tues, will be thinking of you.

Jill

dee49

Evening ladies,

Just a V quick one....

Kris your words are so true and ring true to home... Hope all is well fo ryour visit to your onc this week.

Thanks for all your good wishes, thoughts and hugs for Tuesday. Had a few tears and just want it over now.

But... managed to get out to Blackpool on the bike today, yes I know it's cold but just wanted to do it cos we could.

Love, hugs, thoughts and wishes to everybody and especially so fo rthose having treatment/waiting for results or have appointments....

Be back asap

Love Nell xxx

heatheruk

Good evening ladies hope you have all had a good weekend.
Carol, glad your back to your poached eggs and big fat mushrooms,I love mushrooms there one of my fav foods. I bet it was cold on the allotment, not to worry though spring is around the corner I hope.
Vickie, did you enjoy your run? My brother and his wife went to see Paul Mcartney in his band on the run tour. He was my favorite Beatle, when he married Linda I was heart broken, and then when he married Heather Mills I was shocked, I think he chose the wrong Heather lol When we where younger my brother who is younger than me hated the Beatles, I was a fanatical Beatles fan, I use to scream my head off to Twist and Shout. Then has he got older he was more of a Beatles fan than me, I still like them though, me and Hubby had Here There and Everywhere played at our wedding. My Mum loved the Beatles also, we had the Long and Winding Road played at her funeral, when I here it now I am in floods of tears.
Kris, I know you have got it very cold in Spain, my Ex has been telling my daughter how cold it is. I understand what you say about normal, what is normal I dont know any more. I have got another 4 years of Arimidex, it has given me loads more pain, but if it helps to keep alive I will go on taking it.
Suze, couldn't agree more with the paragraph that starts in your post 'Some of us have lost our breast' everything you have written is absolutley true, and this is the part that people that haven't been through this dont understand. The good thing that has come out of this though is our virtual family and friends, you would have to look long and hard to find such another group of lovely people. One thing you can be sure of if you post on this thread is if you need some support it is here in a abundance. This is one place we can say how we really feel, and we dont feel like were moaning for nothing, because each and everyone of of us has been through something simular before.
Well ladies hope you all have a good week, good luck with the tests that any of you have got to have, and any results I hope there good ones. Finally another good luck (((hug))))) for our Dee, cant wait for you to be back here with us xx
Take Care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxxx

salsasuzi

Checking in.....
Kanga you put our emotions down so well that I think we should have it on a badge (ok so it would be a very large badge).............

Some of us have lost breasts , hair , loss of movement , problems with every bit of our bodies , marbles. We´ve been zapped ,scanned,intravenously poisioned ,our brains turned to mush ,loss of memory. Now most of us have five years of yet another group of really strong chemicals to ingest.
And they say when radiotheraphy is over ....." Well thats finished , you can get back to normal now !"

So true . Hope you have warmed up a bit ...if not you are welcome to one of my flushes...they are very warm these days.

Heather the wedding outfit sounds brilliant...can't wait to see the piccies of our glam girl. Benidorm love that programme I did part of my degree on it in a review of the programme.

Vickie, our fitness freak...ok well not really a freak you know what I mean hope you are well m'dear xx

Maria, thinking of you this week, still cyber holding your hand :-)) xx

Dee good luck this week, will be thinking of you , take care and hope all goes very well hugs xxx

Carol, you need to plant your hair at the allotment so that it will grow. I'm still wearing the wig on and off, still not quite long enough to go without entirely..

ohh have to go going out for tea right now will finish later
hugs Suze xxx

jackwagstaff

All fine in the netrher regions today , thank you God !
Glad it´s not upsetting you Sandra , I don´t know anybody else here thats taking Femara , every one i know is on Arimidex . Does make me wonder why .I have blood tests every three months and the om¡nc goes through everything on it . I will ask him why i´m on femara , I see him thursday ,same day as Carol . I often wonder to myself , do they run surveys thenselves , to see how well women do on the different tablets ? Is it just the luck of the drawer as to what they put you on ? Or is they actually a reason for the selection ?
Your outfit sounds really smart and very colourful Heather , loook forward to seeing the photos . Yes , I watched the Benidorm episode where "Madge " is riding around on her mobility scooter, makes me think of you . My Oh asked our elder son if he watched "Benidorm " ,he was quite disgusted , said it was the biggest poad of inanne rubbish ever to grace the television , so that put us firmly in our place , as we find it funny, and actually , when we go to Fuengirola and Torremolinos ...which we do very rarely , it seems so true to life , as we see the brits behaving just like that !On the other hand I cannot bear "Celebrity Juice " like Holly and Fern , but Keith lemon makes me cringe and feel sick .
Hi Taxi , good you´re getting your life back , but no it´s not easy ,and I think forgetting about BC is out of the question . However i do find this forum very good for putting thngs into perspective .
As maria said , we have everything on this site , all the scans fears , tests etc asociated with BC , then the rants and rages that sometimes overtake us , that we know we can share with our VF without causing offence or worry . We also get births deaths , weddings ,OH´s ,Men , children , happiness , laughter , and fun . It´s a good site .
Maria has been through everything in the past two years , it really does´nt bear thnking about .Some of us have lost breasts , hair , loss of moveiment , problems with every bit of our bodies , marbles ( me !) We´ve been zapped , scanned,intravenously poisioned ,our brains turned to mush ,loss of memory ( ok that might be old age creeping om ) Now most of us have five years of yet another group of really strong chemicals to ingest.
And they say when radiotheraphy is over ....." Well thats finished , you can get back to normal now !"
No we can´t ,what we were has gone , never to come back . After what we have all gone through , it will take time , time for us to find our new "normal ", which may have very little in common with the old one .
But "did´nt we do well , " as brucie would say . We´re still here , still striving to find our new "normal " Back to work , back to digging allotements , training for marathons , giving talks , taking walks ,looking for Mr Right ,planning weddings, looking after our grandchildren , our sons and daughters , getting through emotional times , christmas and the new year .
Every one of us on this site has triumphed over adversity , and is still trying to better things . I read what you are all doing , and how you are ll coping , what with "duvet days " Herceptin still ongoing for some of you , nell still to have her op .Maria with so much to cope with .
I think ,y VF is wonderful and i´m so glad to have met you all and really proud of all our achievements over these last months.
As maria said ,this thread is about so much more than BC , it´s about a bunch of women of all ages , living all over the place , with just one thing in common ,ie BC , yet getting on so well and at times having a really good laugh and being able to forget your own problems to read through.
I´m off , we have snow on all the mountains today , temp is 3 degrees , yet we are only 25 kms or so to the sea . Woke up this morning , really cold , went out of the bedroom and OH had´´nt shut the front door properly when he came to bed and it was open about 8" the draught and cold air that was blowing through there , I could have swotted him ! Know it´s so much better than you all had , but this is Spain , it´s supposed to be warm here ! Brrrrrrrrrrrr
luvKanga...a very cold shivering kanga ,now going to make a nice hot cup of tea .

tors

Have fun at the allotment carol, you figured out your pedometer yet? How many steps is your target?

Off for a run soon. Just ten mins then rest then ten mins back. It's our homework for this week!

Am watching band on the run interview that I taped over Christmas about the making of the album. It's really good. I love Paul mcartney. Am ironing too, not just being a lazy ar£e!

Have a good day everyone

vickie

danjo

Heather-red satin bag, you floozie you! sounds like a very smart outfit. I am sure you will look wonderful.
I don't wear my wig now but my hair seems to have stopped growing, I don't know if it's the Herceptin. I also feel like I've got a cold and am more achey than usual but, apart from that, I feel fine. yes, I now have 2 poached eggs, big fat mushroom, one rasher of bacon, couple ,of tinned tomatoes(they're very good for me, apparently) and 2 slices of toast and I don't have to cook it!!
going to the allotment today but too cold to do much. have to pay the rent and insurance today.
well. OH has started the brekkie so I had better go and get dressed or I will be in serious trouble!
Carol

xx

heatheruk

Good evening ladies, hope your all having a good weekend.
Well my outfit came yesterday and I am really pleased with it.
Sandra, it's sort of mixed colours,the main colour is red, different shades of red, and there is some black and some cream. I have a very big feathered red facinater like a small hat but very tall, and a red satin bag. The jacket has no collar so said I needed a small scarf so I went down to the House of Fraser. I got a love necklace one of those think they call then collar necklase, it was a small silver chains and tiny diamontes, and I got earings to match. I couldn't find the type of scarf I wanted but they had this black very fine wool scarf which opened up so you could wear it round your shoulders. I looked at the price and the original price was £60 wow then it had gone down to £40, then £35, then £18 so I bought it, thought it was to good a bargain to miss. I am going wigless Sandra I dont have to wear my wig no more, in fact I had my hair cut a few weeks ago and the hairdresser said how thick it was at the back. I will send some pics from the wedding.
Glad your mammogram was ok Sandra, bet it was such a relief, I have got mine soon, it will be 2 years on Tuesday since I was first diagnosed. I thought at the time it would be all over with in 6 months, didn't realise 2 years down the line it still hangs over me. I think that has been why I have not been sleeping etc and also worrying about hubby, just feel really down at the minute, perhaps after Tuesday I will feel better.
Karen, hope Mary is getting better, my grandson is just getting over tonsilitus. I use to have it when I was little it was awful, so I know how she is feeling.
Taxi, nice to see you posting again, I know how you feel about the weight gain. I joined W|W before christmas but it just didn't work, I think it is some of the medication I am on doesn't help. Also when I was working I was really active, I use to walk everywhere etc but now with the probs with my mobilty I cant get around very well. I am back on the cutting down again at the minute, well I am trying lol.
Kris, I could never pee standing up it just went everywhere lol My mum tried to teach me lol because she wouldn't sit on a public toilet seat but I just got covered lol now I just put loo roll on the seat it's easier, and loads more hygenic for me. I am glad the other problem didn't come while you was weeing up the tree or there would have been a mess lol
Carol, good luck Monday, hey are you having your nice poached eggs on Sundays now? That is really good to have your Herceptin at home, glad you seem to be getting on ok with it. Doesn't it make you feel instantley like you have got a cold? that is what happened to me, it would be gone by the next day, but then I just felt tired, really pleased your getting on so wll with it.
Saffron,do you know when your MRI is yet? good luck on Tuesday, dont get arrested lol
Isabelle, I understand about the DVD's there a godsend sometimes, I dont think it hurts to let them enjoy some telly. Hubbys mum said when he was small because there was no daytime tv she use to get him to watch the little girl on the test card and tell her when she moved lol at least were not that bad. On my 2nd CD, what I have been doing is if I haven't slept for long I will put it on in the afternoon and have a rest, it is very relaxing. My outfit is nice, I will send pics from the wedding.
Dee, Wil be thinking of you on Tuesday, you will be fine I am sure. We will all be waiting to hear from you (((((hugs))))))))
Jackie, hows Angus? and hows his mum ? I have been watching One Born Every Minute on a Monday night. The one on the first week I have never heard anyone scream so much. It is a good programe though and I always end up in tears.
Vickie, how are you know, loved the pics of your cakes on face book they looked yummy.
Suze, hope your ok, have you and Vickie been anywhere causing trouble recently?
Tracey, hope you ok.
Maria, thinking of you, just wanted to say Hi.
Well hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.
Take Care,
Love Heather
xxxxxxx

danjo

ya, ladies
first, Sandra, I bet you're relieved-one less thing to worry about.
the blood test on Monday is to do with the B-Ahead Study that I'm taking part in. I don't know what they're testing for. note to self-ASK!! this is my 6 month assessment so I don't know what else I am having. I will report back!
Kanga, better sit next to the loo when you go to see your ONC! I see mine next Thurs,I have a list of questions for him.
Karen, I don't think there are many kids who escape the Tonsalitis at some point, hope she feels better soon.
Nell, will be thinking of you on Tuesday. I will send you some of my good vibes from my reflexology!!

Happy Sunday to everyone

love Carol

sandra4

Hi Ladies
Carol, Hope the blood test is ok on Monday, did l read it was a cholesterol test? Looked back but couldn’t find it! My Mum has to have them. Never quite happy about the times! Either too early for her at ‘her’ age, or too late to go without food at ‘her’ age! Lol anyway hope it is ok!

K. Hope Mary is managing to eat that ice cream and soup! And that she is feeling a little better and her temperature is getting back to normal!

Isabelle, Poor postmen must get fed up of being called that! I call our postman, postman pat and l have no children here!! Well he looks more like a postman pat than a Wayne!

Ned, My left boob has had more gropes and squeezes in the last year than it has ever had! But then again l always felt for lumps etc. and never found any, so a ‘little’ worrying!
Good luck with your onc this week, yes you need some answers, and hopefully he will think twice before giving someone else duff results, and putting them through so much stress, they have no idea!

Kirsty and Julie, good to hear from you both, Julie showing your age talking of pincurls!!

Heather, Pleased OH has an early appointment yes a worry, but better sooner than later!
Look forward to seeing the outfit you have for ‘the’ wedding! What colour is it? What colour wig will you wear, or are you going topless?

Jackie, what an idiot l am, thought Mackenzie was their surname! Sorry about that. Anyway you will be there having a cuddle now, so enjoy your weekend with your grandsons.

Suze, hope the throat is feeling better and the blood tests are alright.

Jill hope you are feeling a little brighter and sleeping better,

Anne, Well done on booking the Cuba trip, sounds great fun. Have you 11 stone to lose? Or did l missread that? either way l wish you good luck, your holiday will be a great incentive, as will getting back to good health, and look forward to an update! Decided l needed to lose a little weight, but hard trying to get the incentive this weather!
Not sure about the onc. Appointment on valentine day!!

Kanga, what are you like, how sure are you there were no bird watchers out that time of morning, might have frightened the life out of them! Poor bloke is probably suffering with stress now!
As for poor jacks training classes! Lol, thankfully l don’t have that problem with my femara, a few hot flushes and stiff bones when l get out of a chair, hopefully that will wear off! I am told it will!
Anyway l hope you don’t have either of those problems when you meet your onc this week! Do you have any blood tests or just a quick prod here and there?

Nell, hope you are keeping busy this weekend, hoping Tuesday comes quickly for you, get it over and done with.

Maria, thinking of you, wishing you a safe journey for Wednesday. Love, hugs and thoughts of you this week.

Lesley, last peachy over with now, so hopefully you will soon be out from under that duvet!

Hope everyone else is ok and busy with their lives
Hugs and Love
Sandra xxx

jackwagstaff

Just a quickie .
Great news Sandra , it´s pretty lonely waiting for results cos it´s only your Vf that really understand what you are going through .
Saffie , I don´t think sitting on your hands will be good enough ,perhaps you´d better buy a pair of handcuffs , know any policemen ?
Karen , so gñlad mary is getting better , such a worry .We don´t have an NHS direct type of service , but we have a health centre in the next village open 24 hours a day with a doctor available and an ambulance standing by .
This next bit is a toilet story , so you might want to miss it out or finish eating first !
Left early this morning to walk Jack before going to dog training . I´d had a glass of water , to take a pill and used the loo .
So off we went around the lake , then I had one of my "normal " hot flushes . For me , these are always accompanied but an urgent deire to wee . Very annoying , and sometimes , like this morning really awkward . I just had to go .
Well , there are plenty of trees and thankfully at that early time , not too many people . So I went behind a tree and pulled my trousers down , by this time i was nearly wetting myself . Sent a quick prayer off ,
"Please God , I know I used up a lot of prayers last year , and I sincerely thank you for all you and my guardian angel did giving me back my life . I´m so sorry to have to bother you again , but PLEASE , please don´t let me pee down my trousers ! I have yto go to dog training and if I do , I will have 14 dogs following me like the Pied Piper sniffing my trousers and attatching themselves to my leg !I cannot bear the thought of the shame and humiliation!
Thankfully I missed , or rather my aim must have been good , of course Jack came running back to see what I was doing , Honestly girls , you never have any privacy do you . All our lives someone is peering at parts of you .
Then klater at dog training , unfortunately diahorea came on me . I do have this problem with the Femara , and after an early start it´s always a problem . So I had to buddle Jack back in the kangaroo quickly , make my apologies to the trainer ,and drive like hell to the shopping mall around the corner , park and swiftly wañlk in . I must have looked like a right idiot , walking but trying to hold my cheeks together , talk about panic ! I flew into the loos casting the slower spanish women aside and locked myself into the cubicle. What a relief !! Thankfully I had a magazine with me in my bag ,and no OH waiting impatiently outside .
Sorry about that , but I thought I would share it with you . These problems would´nt have happened before BC , still at least I´m still here , there´s plenty of trees , and I´ve proved to myself that I can move a damm sight quicker than i ever thouught possible !
What a morning !!
LuvKanga

kayh317

another quick post.......

after an awful night decided to ring NHS direct and Mary was seen at 9am this morning. She has tonsolitis !! The Dr made her laugh when he told her that the inside of of throat was pretty nasty and he was glad she had it not him !!! so antibiotics for 10 days and lots of rest.

Went to Tesco to stock up on soup and ice cream.

Back soon

Karen x

Hugs to all x

dee49

Hi everyone,

Sandra, brilliant news; I guess you can relax a bit more now and worry less…… (not). Hugs for you anyway, another set of results out of the way xx
Karen, Hope Mary is on the mend now and that temp is coming down? It’s a worry isn’t it! Matt has them fairly frequent and I just give him half a paracetamol, but guess I don’t need to tell you anything with you having a paramedic in the family!
Anne brilliant news on the holiday booking; I’m too scared to book anything as when I start planning anything it seems to go pear shaped (bit like me really). Hope the WW works for you, it did for us last year and then I put it all back on with the peachy so trying again after my op.
Saffronseed good luck for the MRI and hope it's not too long a wait - I had mine this morning and it was only requested on Tuesday but think they wanted it done before the op. Forgot how close it was so just kept my eyes shut! More results to wait for, but going to ask them on Tuesday when I go in. Good luck with your onc appt too...
Isabelle are you now humming the Postman Pat tune whilst having a well earned rest?

Enjoy the weekend ladies,
Nell xx

taxi73

Morning everyone..sorry not been around.I've just been trying to get on with life and to forget about BC but it isn't easy is it?

Great news Sandra on mammo

Dee good luck with your op next week...I'll be thinking of you

Maria...big hugs to you xxx hope you are getting some reast in between travelling.

Hi to everyone else...hugs to you all and good luck with appointments/treatments this week.

Myself, am ok and am getting out and about a bit more now.I joined WWs the other day as need to lose about 11 st and my back is horrendous whether walking about or just stood up...so time to look after myself.
Have booked a holiday to Cuba for next january...something to look forward to and gives me chance to recover..we are going for 3 weeks and am really looking forward to that.
May book a last minute deal for the summer depending how well I feel.

my next appointment is with my onc on 14th feb for post rad check up.

Have a nice weekend whatever you're planning to do xxxxx

saffronseed

Hi all, we do seem to be very quiet at the moment - we are all going through different stages and whether you are busy getting on with your life or feeling low, waiting for results etc warm hugs to you all..
Sandra I am sooo happy to hear your news and your mammogram was clear - like you say its bound to be as I am sure (like me) you have been squeezing and groping your goood breast on a twice daily basis and you will have noticed anything untowards - hearing it 'officially' is always a relief so keep up the good work!!
I am still awaiting my MRI scan for my good breast not looking forward to it at all... I also have my nasty Onc meeting on tues again not looking forward to but need to get out of the way.
Maria hope things are well with you. To all you other lovely ladies take care and keep your spirits up xxx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
I hope everyone is having a good day today.
Karen, sorry to hear Mary's not well, hope she's feeling better very soon, probably needs lots of hugs and spoiling!
Sandra, brilliant news, good to hear something positive for a change, take care, hugs xxx
Denise, the doctor sent me to the hospital for a chest x-ray just to check painful ribs, she's getting in touch with my onc and I'm waiting for results now, always something to keep us on our toes!!
Heather, I hope the wedding outfit is all you would want, it's got to be right for such a special occasion. Glad to hear that the cd's are helping, hugs and best wishes xxx
Hi Maria, I'm thinking of you as always, take things as easy as you can just for now, lots of hugs xxx
I've been looking after my youngest gs today (Robin) he's 3 yrs old and mad about Fireman Sam. I sent for some new dvd's from Amazon the other day, one set of them came today delivered by our friendly postie who Robin calls Postman Pat. The dvd's went down a treat and he was glued to the telly while I got a few jobs done, I know it's cheating, but he was happy and we've been singing the Fireman Sam song all afternoon!!!
Having a lazy night now he's gone home.

Lots of hugs and best wishes to all my cyber family,

Isabelle xxx

kayh317

a very very quick one as have a poorly Mary with a v high temp but just had to say "fantastic news Sandra, so pleased for you"

Will be back !!!!

K x

PS My funeral song is "Everyone hurts" or on a lighter note "Burn baby burn" as I want to be cremated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandra4

Just had a call from the bcn, said my mammogram was clear, and while you know it probably is! you still worry until they say so!! l know you will understand!

Hugs
Sandra xxx

dee49

Hi everyone

Carol what test are you having on Monday? hope it goes well for you,
Lesley, so envious of your hair! We started pm together and mine's only just showing any signs of life, think it started and stopped!
Heather nice to see you posting again; often think of you. Hope the MRI scan is ok for your oh - well you know I mean the results really! Hope the outfit has arrived safely and you're happy with it?
Maria thinking of you for next week and what lies ahead.
Kris thanks for your words of reassurance too; never ending is it, hope your results are good too. Hope you enjoyed Gib, wish we could get away so easily to so many nice places and warm too! Missed our hols last year (wonder why? bl**dy bc & pm that's why!), and ready for some sunshine now.
Saffronseed don't forget to count to ten and engage brain before mouth (or fist....) when you go and see your 'sacked' onc... Understand where you're coming from though and I would feel the same.
Isabelle how did you get on at the docs?
Sandra Hope you are ok too?
Jackie Hows the little fella doing?
Tracy are you back home now and finished your rads?
Anne are you ok too?
Hello to everybody else I haven't mentioned.....

Thought Kanga's king rat had found it's way into our garage..... One of my tops came out of the dryer looking like something had taken a few bites out of it! Time to buy a new dryer me thinks!

Feeling pretty calm about the op, just want it over with now - not sure how I'll feel on Tuesday morning though!
Hope everybody else is ok, and that results are good for those waiting,

Love and hugs,

Nell xx

danjo

Vickie and Suze, you're both may as well be speaking Chinese! Afriend asked me to make a card for her 2 year olds birthday. She said "can you do one with Iggle Piggle"? I said "what the heck is Iggle Piggle?" needless to say I soon found it on t'internet. I'm more of a Bagpuss and Mr Ben person, having no GC yet.

Lesley, glad you're feeling better now. I was given The Secret but I got sick of her voice so I threw it.

Saffronseed, I can fully understand why you want answers from your first Onc-I would too. Good luck with that.

Jackie, love your new GS name-my Dad was Arthur. I had my first two Herceptins at the Christie so I could be monitored, but was offered the "at home" by my ONC after I finished Chemo. It's done by a private company and my first one went well. I can PM you with the name of the company if you need me to.
I don't know if the Psychic healing is for me, I am just going to find out more about it and to meet the therapist who does my daughter's Reiki and who is doing my Refexology. she also does the healing sessions.
Maria, glad you are feeling able to post, we are all thinking of you.
Kanga, hope you had a good day in Gib-4.45 am!!! I need to get myu cholestrol re-checked, sort of put it on the back burner while I had 1 or 2 other things to deal with!

I took a phone call from the Nightingale centre today to remind me of my appointment on Monday and not to have anything to eat and only water to drink as I will have a blood test as soon as I get there-bummer-no brekkie. they will give me some toast when I've had the test.
well, time to get the jimjams on
love Carol

heatheruk

Hi Ladies, thanks for all your best wishes about hubby, is appointment for the MRI came today and it is for the first week in Febuary, we were both a bit shocked that it came so quick but at least he hasn't got long to wait now. Somebody asked if I was having ribbons on my scooter for the wedding. Do any of you watch Benidorm? we have never really watched it, but hubby was flicking through the channels the other day and it came up with that lady on a mobilty scooter all done up with mirrors and things. He has said thats what I need for the wedding, and have it all done up with ribbon like the wedding car lol I have ordered my outfit, I went to have a look at Jacques Vert in Debenhams because there was some lovely wedding clothes. I saw the one I liked but they didn't have it my size, so I have ordered it from there site, and I just got an email saying it will be here tomorrow, so fingers crossed I like it when I have got it on.
Carol, I missed your post the other day, congratulations for your long retirement, glad you got to keep the fleece. Do you have all your herceptins at home ? I bet that is better than sitting in the hospital.
Jackie, Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, wow he is a whopper, love his name. I am with you there watching Colin Firth, if I am down I put on Bridget Jones never fails to make me swoon and smile. I am like you if I dont like a film I soon get bored and go to sleep, sounds like I will enjoy that one.
Nell good luck next week with the MX incase I dont get chance to say, will be thinking of you. I had a worry with my liver the day before the my MX. they rang me the day before saying I had to have my liver scanned before they did the op, I was really scared. Anyway they did the scan, didn't say anything, took me back to my room, then they came and took me for my op. Later that night I still hadn't heard about the liver scan, then the consultant came to see me. So he looked at my op said I was doing well and I asked him about my liver. Oh yes he said just wait a minute, of he went came back and said yes it was fine, probably to many glasses of red wine the day before my blood test. I dont think they realise how scared we are sometimes, anyway goodluck and will be watching for your return.
Jill, glad to see you back, you can join my no sleeping club, I take 3 amytriptaline at night to make me sleep, They did work when I first started taking them but think I have been on them to long.Hopefully they will work for you, and dont go back to work to soon, you need to take care of yourself.
Maria, if our cyber family all held hands we could stretch closer to you. I understand about replying to happy and sad posts because I suppose your all over the place at the moment. Still thinking of you Maria understanding how you feel. I did have to smile when you said what a lot goes on in this thread, it is very true and were very versatile lol
Saffron, hope everything goes ok when you see that oncon next week. I think I understand why your doing it, because I dont think we are ever sure that these doctors etc are telling us the truth, so good luck.
Vickie, I am glad you put about mowing the lawn I was a bit confused lol Hope your feeling better now and over your tummy bug. Hows the running coming on, and have you done that talk yet ? What radio station is it on? so I can try and listen. I was on the local radio once when the care home I worked we hadn't been paid for 2 months. I was a single parent then, I had spilt up with my husband, and I wasn't getting any money. It was a big home with 86 residents, I was the head cook. Anyway on the Monday I was off and I had a phone call of some of the girls saying we've still not been paid so they were walking out. So I said if your doing that it has to be all of you, so they asked me to go up and help them, and I did and dont ask me how I ended up the leader lol. There was a hospital across from us so they bought us drinks and things, some of the residents who could walk came out and joined us. Then the local paper, the local radio, and while I had gone to see a solicitor to see if we where doing it right the BBC turned up lol I wasn't on the telly but my daughter was. Anyway that night we where all still there and the bosses turned up in there posh cars. They had come from London and wanbted to speak to just me, but no way was I doing that we where all there together. Anyway they listened to what we had to say, then asked if we would be working the next day and we said yes if we got paid. It had cost them a fortune in agency fee's then at 2am that morning suprise suprise our money got transfered into our banks. So my interview on the radio was awful, I sounded like a fool, well I am lol but I didn't know what to say, that was a first lol
Lesley, glad your getting there, what is your story about? I had to do one last week for my course, not had the mark yet.
Isabelle, well the CD's sending me to sleep lovely, I just wake up after about 2 hours so I get up and listen to a bit more, there really good.
Julie, great to see you back, really good that you are doing ok and are back at work.
Kris, glad blue Monday is over for you, hope you had a good day in Gib. Has king rat gone into hiding now? I will join you like 90 year old getting up off the floor,I cant get up so your still doing good lol
Well Everyone take care
Love Heather
xxxxxxxx

tors

Ha di ha di. Am not going to have " yes my name is iggle piggle" at my funeral!

Have got a right chocolate urge on me tonight. Am searching the cupboards for left over Christmas goodies.

salsasuzi

Vickie is your song from In The Night Garden? seeing as you were mowing I think it must be garden related 😉 x

tors

Thecsong would be slightly sadder if I got the words right! It's now it's time, nothing about mowing a lawn!!!

tors

Lesley, pleased uou are feeling on the up. What's your short story called/about?

Saffron, looking forward to seeing the poems! Well doneyou motivated person. I will be full of admiration if you manage not to clock that oncologist one! But I understand why you need to see him, I would too. Well one of my funeral songs would make everyone cry, it's the cbeebies bedtime hour song " and mow it's time, to say goodbye, it's thr end of a lovely day...". But if things go to plan and my funeral is in 45 years time, I think everyone will be slightly bemused so it's an idea with a short shelf life!

Read through my first ever post on my 36 and dx early march 2010 thread yesterday. It brough back exactly how u felt. I have really moved forwards!

Hi to everyone, any more poems Karen?

Vickie
x

mum51

Just to say feeling much better and back to my positive self.Finished and got ready to post my latest short story for a competition and been listening to the "Secret"better but I've sort of forgotten about it these last couple of months.
Hugs to all, my hair is coming back too probably about an inch long bit grey!! So won't be going without my wig in the near future, it's too cold for one thing.
Take care everyone and remember that someone is out there thinking of you Lesley xx

saffronseed

Hi everyone I am getting better at keeping up with what’s going on! Jackie, Angus is very traditional name I love it! - Vickie hope you enjoyed your spa day – it’s nice to chill out and treat yourself once in a while. Jill sorry you have been going through a difficult period and not sleeping – For me a good night’s sleep is a must and if I don’t get it then it does takes its toll. Adjustment and Adapting seminar sounds good – I glad to hear the wobbles we all get are ‘normal’. A lot of us seem to be going through it at the moment, worrying about results etc hope things are ok Isabelle and Suze, blue Monday has gone for another year so Kanga breathe a sigh of relief.
Maria glad to see you continuing to post and yes here’s to holding virtual hands

Yes I agree Jill its strange how we all seem to have similar thinking in respect of funeral songs... perhaps it’s not appropriate but my black humour would be interested to know what ‘songs’ people have come up with – I know for me it keeps changing and my latest is ‘pushbike song’ by Mungo Jerry not sure if you remember it but it’s a very upbeat simple tune and I envisage people walking out of the church to it after the ceremony – and as it’s so upbeat perhaps a bit of a jig and a shuffle! - God am I sad or what – please tell me if you think I am being inappropriate... and ignore me if so.
Juliebtauras thanks for your good wishes – yes I have had a month of hell – but am coming out the other end (I think). You may all think I am a barmy but I have decided to face my demons. Whilst I am obviously really pleased with my news (and now a clear cT scan) I still have a niggle at the back of my mind that my first Onc was in fact right. I have spoken to my BCN and she has arranged for me to see him next week to have a discussion about his diagnosis and why he was so certain it was secondary cancer of the spine and what has change his mind! Apparently after my CT scan results he was part of the MDT who discussed my case and he finally agreed at that meeting that the secondary diagnosis was incorrect and said he was mislead by the radiologist report. Part of me just wants to move forward and put it all behind me – but I do feel that by seeing him and discussing this with him and hear him say he doesn’t now think it is cancer to the spine (and why) may bring me closure on this and help me move forward and stop thinking about it (which I am). It will be a very difficult meeting for me but I will behave myself, sit on my hands and avoid any violence!
I am still putting the poems together and found a few more on other threads so will let you know what it looks like and whether it needs more work!
Anyhow must go off to work now so hugs and good wishes for all I’ve not mentioned and hope things are going well. xxx

dee49

Just hugs for Maria and Hi to Julie xx

and everybody else of course - how could Iforget you all, my V family xx

Silver10

Hello Everyone,

Been meaning to post for a while but have not really felt up to it.

First of all congratulations to you Jackie on the birth of Angus Arthur and to you saffronseed for your CT scan results – wonderful, happy news for both of you, and Heather, lovely things for you to look forward to, a wedding and a baby. Oh and Carol, congrats to you on being officially retired and while I’m on this topic, congrats to you Vickie for your running. In fact congratulations to all of us for made it through such a sh***y time and still being here to support one another when we need it. Having said that there is always something else to worry about, hope your x-rays are fine, Isabelle and that your blood tests are ok Suze.

I have been struggling a bit these last few weeks. I have not been sleeping well and have just found even doing the simplest things too much effort. I saw my GP on Monday; she has put back my return to work which was planned for the beginning of Feb to the middle of Feb. She has also given me Amitriptyline to try and help me sleep. I been this afternoon to a BCC “Adjusting & adapting after a Breast Cancer Diagnosis” session, it was very good and I feel much more positive now. Apparently wobbles are normal!! I hope those of you who have been feeling low as well are now feeling better.

Had to smile at all of you who are planning the songs to play at your funerals – it must be normal, as so many of us seems to be doing it – me included.

Karen – your poem rang true in so many ways. I do “look” in the mirror but sometimes I don’t think it really registers that this is “me” looking back.

Hello to all of you I’ve not mentioned, hope things are going well. Take care.

Jill

Hello Maria, just spotted your post as I was about to post mine!

libby_2010

Hi Carol do you have all your Herceptins at home? Sorry if I missed the answer to that one. Its got to beat trying to park at a hospital. Great that you now have a legally acquired fleece to wear. I really loved my reflexology. I had some quite a few years ago when I had a frozen shoulder and they worked a treat, so I had a few more during BC treatments and aromatherapy at the McM centre .Not sure about psychic healing. There was a lady who did some class things when I was on holiday and I am afraid she gave me the creeps it could just have been her ( or me for that matter) so I wouldn’t rule it out. Try anything once eh? ( absolutely no comments required on that)
Heather hope OH’s MRI gets sorted soon as. Just as you have finished your long haul too.
Dee well it is encouraging that your CT scan showed no change from last summer. I do wonder whether some of these things that are found, accidentally, when scans are done for our BC stuff show up things that were there and may have been there without our knowing. But it is still all such a worrying time. Sending you hugs. Am trying not to picture your contortions with your biker boot up your b*m.
Kanga hope your liver is OK too same applies it never blinking ends does it?
Saffie NED that marvellous phrase so so pleased for you.
Isabelle hope the rib pain settles soon. We seem to be all falling to bits at the moment. Perhaps this is what happens towards the end of treatment the rest of our bodies have just had enough. Don’t want that to sound doom and gloom but after the battering of active treatment there is still a lot of healing to do Getting back to normal, give me a break I might just deck the next person to say that to me.
Suze that burning throat sounds really uncomfortable hope it is sorted out soon, oh and more needles ouch.
Vicki glad to hear you are bouncing back and hope you enjoy the spa break. I have a voucher from Christmas to use for a treatment at a salon and cannot decide what to use it on yet.
Lesley good luck on Fri hope you last PM can go ahead. Perhaps you will have a short gap to regroup before your rads start? Yes all this lot makes one re-evaluate what course one’s life will take and different priorities too.I am back in the same job but trying to be more pragmatic about it is hard. There is something else I fancy but it depends on someone retiring and she has been threatening to do that for about 5 yrs so I might beat her to it. lol
Sandra yes the baby has 3 names then his surname. His first name is his own not a family name and the other 2 are family names. Am travelling up at the week-end just a flying visit. I had intended driving but worked out the petrol costs v. Train fare and there is no competition esp since petrol has gone up so much recently so the train is taking the strain.
Well have a fasting blood test tomorrow and am feeling so hungry, why does this happen when I can only drink water? And more needles. Never had a needle phobia but towards the end of chemo my poor veins were showing the strain and have been sore on the last couple of blood tests I have had, although that is some time ago hope they have healed now.
Maria just seen your post pleased you could pop in for a mo and hope that you find some peace in your life soon.
Hugs and holding hands tightly to all in my cyber family. Love Jackie

juliebtaurus

Hi girls i posted on here a while back when we were all having or starting treatment but lost the thread and was reading back and saffronseed was devasted at youre news before xmas and now catching up with the posts iam now over the moon at youre NED and cancer-free woo hoo definately better than any lottery win. Hope everyone else is doing well and maria the hair looks fab . mine is growing too about 2 1/2- 3inches but it looks like its set in pincurls its soooo curly Iam back to work ( just a couple of mornings at the moment )tiring after being off for 9 months . take care all and lovely to catch up with you all xx Julie
Ps Maria was so sorry to hear about youre mam big hugs xx

marial

Hi There,
Goodness we have everything on this thread; death, births, marriages, retirement, new jobs, going back to old jobs, tests, results, treatments, imminent ops, rats, police, training, "me time", legs in impossible places, psychic healing (although I can't find that one), celebrations and parties, new men, perfect men, rotten men,..........
Just to let you know I am still here, but I can't cope with replying to everyone's joy, or worries... sorry. I am reading and trying to keep up, having a good laugh from time to time, feeling the joy of others and thinking of you who are having difficult times. I'm fine, but thinking life is unfair to some, and trying not to wonder why.
Here is holding hands with my cyber family
Hugs to one and all
Maria

jackwagstaff

It worked , It worked !! There is a God , thank you thank you and goodbye !
luvkanga

jackwagstaff

Just spent 35 mins typing , and the internet connection went down , taking everything with it !!! GRRRRRR !!
I found out why I was so miserable on monday . Apparently it was "Blue Monday " , this is , so they say , the worst day of the whole year , the day when the majority of people are so cheesed off , more absenteism at work , suicides ,etc etc . So it was´nt just the "helpful" ******s at the townhall or Mr Plod , it was ordained by the date , phew ! Had me worried !
Wow , what a whopper jackie , your poor dil , bet she´s sitting on a swimming ring ! No wonder we mums shout during labour .."Never again ...don´t think you´re touching me !" Still as proud grandma , you don´t have to worry about that , you can just revel in your new gs,
Heather ... Wedding Planner ! Brilliant , on your anniversary as well . I feel a new outfit coming on .Will you put white ribbon on your scooter for the event ?
Congrats to Saffie , What a relief , so now you can have a belated christmas and new year , fantastic Ned !!
Well honesty worked for you carol , enjoy your reflexology , I´d be interrested to know more about physic healing , I think anything that relieves stress has to be beneficial , and I suppose if you are a person that does believe and practise complimentary thingies ,
then possibly you become a less stressful person , if you understand
me .
Nell , stop showing off ! Just cos you can stick your foot up your bottom ! Whereas the likes of me are trying desperatly just to get up and down off the floor without looking like a 90 year old and groaning with the effort ! I´m still having high levels of something or other in my liver , had various scans , onc said was´nt anything serious ( like mets or hepatitis ) so it seems that it´s just something he´s "keeping an eye on ." See him again next week , so I´m hoping all the levels have gone down , including my chlorestrol .
I´m not going to write anything else , though i wanted too , am too worried that this loy will go the same way as the last, oh and I´ve got to get my stuff ready as I´m off to Gib tomorrow , so I will be up about 4.45 ,
luv to all of you hoping we all have a good week now "Blue Monday " is over .
luvKanga

mum51

Hi ther, just had a quick read through and thought I'd post too.
Feeling grotty at the moment on top of se from Frii have came down with a stinking cold so hoping that the worst has gone by this Fri because of last pm. Guess I had few hiccups along the way and they are all happening now.
Thanks for the poem K it's so true. I feel right now like I've had enough and I know that I will feel differently next week and meet the radiotherapy head on the way that I've tried to with everything else but you do get sick of being pojked,prodded,pricked etc. don't you. Excuse me having a moan, not really like me is it? I still think that I've been lucky to have come this far and seeing the end of treatment in sight but it's like you all keep saying, other people(family,friends,boss etc.) say"you'll be beack to normal soon" and normal or whatever that is, is totally different to how you used to be. I want to be back at dancing,drama,theatre and out there socialising again but part of me wants to just curl up and stay here where I feel safe. I used to love being with people but now more than a small group seems to overwhelm me. Aiming to go back to work after Easter but feel like maybe I need a change of scenery so going to explore the possiblities once treatment is all finished.
Welcome to you newbies we will look after you the girls on here are wonderful and have helped me so much along the way. Have courage and faith in all your medical staff, don't know which area you are in but the NHS are great so don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Back very soon. Lesley xx

tors

Hi everyone!

Only had chance for v quick read through but looks like lots is happening, babies, scans, weddings etc. Suze, arghh more needles, blummin hell! Hope all ok.

Wanted to check in so as not to worry everyone. Have bounced back from being down. I think I need a bit of a cry and down time occasionally to ensure the good times and feelings are genuine, not fake happy, if you know what I mean? Anyhows, been for my beginners run tonight, loved it! 1.6 miles tonight soore than last week. Am having a spa day with my friend tmrw in Manchester. Mum is doing the school run. I get two treatments znd lunch and fluffy bath robes! Maria, you can see i have taken your advice and am finding some "me" time. Thanks for your advice. Xxxx

Sorry haven't replied individually. Will read properly and post v soon. Did you notice my campaignto get the mods to release mt facebook status thread from the ironically named chit chat, the place where good threads go to die? Wellies back and up and running so please dig it up and post !

Right, off to find something else to campaign about....!

Huge big hugs and love to all, be you a poster or cyber stalker. Oscarbailey. Midge. To name but two....!

Night
vickie
xxxxx

dee49

Suze we crossed.... Hope the throat is ok too; bl**dy bc and all it's worries!!!

dee49

Evening ladies; just a short one...

Saffronseed, congrats to you, can only imagine how you must be feeling after all you've been through! Great news
Isabelle, hope all is well for you tomorrow, when will you get the results? awful waiting and feel for you
Sandra agree with you; Kanga could see a lot more if she FB'd it....
Carol, sounds interesting Saturday; never heard of anybody going to one of those before, had friends go to readings but never done it myself and glad I haven't - didn't want to know I was going to get bc!
Heather are you getting involved in THAT big wedding of the year? or are you going to keep hush hush about it?

Right that's it for now,

Love Nell xx

salsasuzi

HIIIIIII
Jackie congratulations on the birth of Angus Arthur, love to all the family. With 2 brothers he will need to be big and strong!!!!xx

Saffronseed.....huggggge congratulations to you too, I think NED sounds good and we don't need to make an anagram of this one.....can't wait till we are all NED's, we can have a NED convention, enjoy the frivolities you deserve it hun xx

Vickie, where are you??? running/bathing hope you're ok xxx

Heather, Maria, Kanga, Carol, Nell, K hope you are all fine xx
Izzy hope the rib pain gets sorted out.

My news...had another trip to doc today as now got a funny feeling in throat area, like a burning inside at back , maybe to do with reflux and tummy probs, but also a bit puffy on outside, stiff neck and sweltering like i'm on a tropical island. Was sent for blood tests (took 2 nurses to find a vein....here we go again) so just waiting for results and slowly melting, like we say is there no end to this?????

well hugs for everyone, good job they are cyber hugs while I am in this state of swelteringness, going to try to sleep a bit as the nights are very broken at the mo.

Hugs Suze xxx

izzypal

Hi Sandra,
I thought it would be pain related to rads treatment as the radiologist said I could get rib pain after treatment. So I'm not too concerned about it, but I suppose it's better to have it checked out.
I hope you are well tonight,

Hugs,

Isabelle xxx

sandra4

Well Angus Arthur, now we know you are not deaf, Helloooooo Big Man!
is he named after someone? Jackie! l ask because it isn't the usual names they have these days!! Angus Arthur is so cool!
And so very cute when the little ones meet their 'new' brother! xxx

Carol, Psychic healing, l always think it is a bit of mind over matter! like the idea of it, but not sure about it, probably should try it before l knock it! but always was a bit of a sceptic! I think if it works for 'you' that is all that matters! xxx

Saffronseed, don't knock yourself out with all these parties, on seconds DO knock yourself out! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Look forward to seeing the photo's on face book, yes l said face book Kanga, see what you are missing!!!!
so you are officially now NED! well then Ned l would just like to say l am sooooooo verryyyyy pleasssseeddd for youuuuuuuuuuu xxx

Isabelle, Still very early days with regards to pains and so on, l was told l would be getting aches and pains for about a year, and l think it may have been Vickie, that was also still getting pains around the ribs! Best they are getting it checked anyway! xxx

Hugs
Sandra xxx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
Jackie, congratulations on the birth of your new gs, hope all is well with mother, baby and big brothers xxx
Saffronseed, so pleased to hear your great news, enjoy your celebrations xxx
Karen, hope you are doing ok today, thinking of you xxx
Sandra, Heather and everyone else I've not mentioned by name, I hope you are all doing well today.
I've been for a check up at my doctors today. While there I told her I was still getting pain in my ribs where I'd had my rads, she was'nt happy with this, thinks all should be ok by now, so I've got to go to hospital for x-rays tommorrow to check all is ok, she is also getting in touch with onc to see if it's normal to still be getting problems, always something...
Almost ready for bed, having a busy week, I hope everyone is keeping well,

Hugs and Best Wishes to all my cyber friends,

Isabelle xxx

danjo

wonderful news, Saffronseed, you can relax and enjoy your Christmas & new Year now!!

Carol xx

libby_2010

Yep Angus Arthur Mackenzie ---- was a whopper then after all that dil told he was deaf but after Cons Audiologist was summoned told he could hear after all. Still in hosp as dil exhausted and she is the only one on the unit so can stay another night. Spoke to older 2 g-s this am very early and they were full of it and later this pm had stroked him and knew the reality of the baby not just mummy’s big belly.
OK so that over.
Dee what a worry never ends does it? Blinking heck telling you not to be worried have they no idea? Hope you find out soon as. And kicking your self with the biker boots on? No not easy but no you are not feeling sorry for yourself.
Saffonseed just saw your post BRILL BRILL news after all you have been through NED that will do nicely eh?
Carol Mm would be glad to hear about psychic healing? Got a bit of a cynical hat on but eh since BC have even been looking at my horoscopes and have even been looking at superstitions too is that bonkers or what? Great that you can have your Herceptin at home hope that went as well as poss.
Karen thanks for congrats the baby’s arrival has been all that has kept me going in the last few mnths. Hope you are on the up asap.
Heather wedding planner and wow baker of cakes do I remember you saying that you were a cake lady?
Hope you are as well as poss in what ever and where ever you all are love to all my cyber family hugs and hands holding tightly love Jackie

saffronseed

Thought I would let you know my news.... Got CT scan results today and they are clear so that is another bit of brilliant news - so I am officially NED as of today Whoopie. I have arranged loads of celebration meals, drinks, parties, work, friends, family, more friends, more family its never ending but heh as I missed christmas and new year what the hell... So very relieved at the moment.

congratualations jackie on the birth of your lovely grandhild.
Nell glad to heare the CT scan results ok, more scans is a pain and waiting for results even worse but it is reassuring they are being vigalent.
K tell the plonker to do one, home at 9pm in PJ's sounds good to me anyhow
Sandra dizzy spells its probably the wine... have you had the results of your mammogram yet,
Carol i wasn't into Physic healing but I think since being diagnosed am more open minded about stuff and would love to hear how it goes...
anyhow my brain is still in meltdown given whats happened to me over the last year - My 'anniversary' of diagnosis is 28th (next Friday) so I may just make it a douvet day
love and hugs to all of you xx

danjo

congrats to Jackie. What a whopper!!
Nell, just trying to conjour up a picture of you kicking yourself. do your boots go round corners, then?
I can imagine what was going through your mind waiting for your CT results, it must have been quite a relief. I hope your other scan is ok.
I had my Herceptin at home and it was fine, the 2 hours went really quickly, due to the fact that the nurse & I never stopped talking! much easier than driving to Christies and trying to find some where to park.
Heather, what a wonder you are organising a wedding in 4 days, perhaps a new career as a wedding planner? you could even write the speeches!
I managed to rebook my first complementary therapy for early Feb and I use one of my reflexology vouchers next Tues. I will be so chilled out!
the girl who does the reflexology (and my daughter's reiki) also does psyicic(sp) healing. I'm not really "into "that sort of thing but she is doing a presentation about it on Sat so I've agreed to go with D to check it out. she already does it. I will report back

hugs to everyone
Carol

sandra4

Ahhh congratulations Jackie! and of course to dil and son, hope dil is ok, when will she come home, they soon send them home these days! well in Enfield they do! Look forward to seeing some photo's!

Nell, Big Hug to you for all the worry you have had! ok sympathy over!!
Think the bcn was out of order telling you that! while we all want the truth there are times they should keep stoom until they know what they are talking about! There was no rush to tell you!
Think there are quite a few women on here that have found they have cysts/fatty livers! can think of two on our thread! well three with you!

Isn't it a funny feeling when the nail falls off! talk about no sense no feelings!! Lol.
sorry but l have my slippers on, so it will be a gentle kick!
~~~kick~~~

Love and Hugs
Sandra xxx

dee49

Hello Ladies,

Not really been doing much these last few days except feeling sorry for myself.... I spoke to my bcn on Friday and she told me they were getting a second opion on my CT scan and I was really scared and my head was all over the place, I was really quiet (def not me) and couldn't focus on anything. Anyway she phoned this morning to say everything is ok but they want me to have an MRI scan on my liver as when I had one in July last year there were two small cyst (could be fatty liver) that are still there and they're still the same size, so she said not to be overly worried about it as they're just making sure. So more results to wait for on top of the mx next week with all the nodes out too. Just want it over with now.

Oh and I lost a nail on Saturday too; just fell off and others are going the same way too...

So I haven't been ignoring you all, how could I forget my virtual family! and Karen your poem was very honest and not upsetting, it was sad and honest and I could see elements of myself in there too.

Anyway, I don't want anybody to "feel sorry" for me as I've already kicked myself up the @rse with my biker boots, and believe me that wasn't easy!

Hope everybody is ok? I'm sure at some point I will catch up with everybody and you are never far from my thoughts. So many of you going through so much and always there to support others. What a fabulous bunch of friends I have.

I hope the results are good for you Jill, Saffronseed and Tina? and anybody else too, and for those of you having or are due mammo's as I know a lot are creeping up on you all now.......

Maria, my thoughts are with you for next week.

Love, Hugs and Thoughts to all and a massive "Congrats" to Jackie on the birth of her new grandson.

Nell xxx