376054posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

sandra4

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Ha Vickie, you read my mind! found a lovely animated picture of a rabbit having 'fun' with a balloon!!! but decided l would put a cute one on, as l was concerned about the ladies having Herceptin, l know you girls have to be careful with your hearts!!!

A chinese lady at gs school gave me a turnip cake, well she calls it a cake but looks more like a dinner!! seems it is a chinese dish they have for new year! she knows l dont like chinese (food) but she keeps trying me with different foods! but she makes a lovely sponge cake, using 8 or 10 eggs!!
Today she gave me a box, inside there were chopstix!! how on earth do l eat my lamp chops and roasties with chopstix?

Oh, l just don't beleive it, just had a phone call from dil, her Mum has collapsed and been taken to hospital.

Hugs
Sandra xxx

tors

Oh good god, worried about exactly which rabbit sandra will come up with given the turns this thread has taken in the past! As that master of wisdom coach calhoun said, keep it clean, keep it clean. (Grease, in case you're wondering!)

welcome back maria xxx

Silver10

Welcome back Maria.

I'm sure Sandra can find a suitable rabbit picture for the Chinese New Year!

marial

Hi everyone,
Goodbye year of the tiger, goodbye year of the ox, you were not kind to me. I'm drawing a line in the sand and welcoming the Chinese Rabbit Year. Onwards and upwards, everyone.
Hugs to you all, I am on my way back
Love Maria

sandra4

Hi Ladies,

Gill, Hope your chat to your doctor goes well on Friday, perhaps he will give you a little more time, sometimes it is good to keep yourself busy, but there are times when we need to chill, only you will know how you feel about going back to work.
Son and grandson’s presents all purchased, just waiting delivery!! Are you having a party?

Carol, you spent all your pension yet? Or saving some until you come to London! Hope you have a lovely time, and enjoy Totem. Hope OH copes without you, write a list of what not to do for him….no limbo dancing, no pole dancing, no cartwheels, the list goes on, perhaps just ask daughter to keep an eye on him.

Heather, have you got your scan date yet? Hope OH’s scan goes ok on Friday. Looks like your Cat would make a good book end!

Isabelle, how is your rib pain, is it easing?

Nell, bet that shower was lovely, but l expect you needed another by the time you finished the teenagers bedroom!

Dil booking up to go for a meal on Sunday, so that will be a nice change from me cooking dinner!!
Our youngest sons birthday on the 9th (my one year diagnosis) so it will all be about his birthday and not like last year, when it was all about Me, Me, Me!!!

Hugs to all the ladies l haven’t mentioned, still thinking of you all. Vickie, hope you are feeling a little easier tonight.
Sleep well ladies
Sandra xxx

ooppps just seen Vickie and Jill's post, Jill l am asking the same questions as you! Lol, Vickie, More worries but it was better news than what we all worry about!
sometimes!! no all the time l find it hard to get my head round the fact l have bc! just doesn't seem possible!! so hard to try and get our lives back!
Don't look on other threads Vickie, but l am sure you have asked others if they have had similar, have you had any response? would be interested to hear if others have had similar problems, something l wasn't told about!
xxx

Silver10

Hello Vickie,

Just seen your post as I was posting mine. How awful having to sit there and wait so long. It sounds like you will get all the follow up you need - crap though that you still have to wait for a scan, hopefully your bcn will sort that out asap. Get some rest tonight, you need it after all that stress.

Hugs to you - Jill

Silver10

Hello Everyone,

Vickie – pleased you got to see a surgeon and hopefully a scan will reassure you further. When will you have the scan?

Heather – bet you can go after a few glasses of champagne!!! Have your taken that sleeping tablet yet? Good luck for your OH for his scan and have you heard when your bone scan will be yet?

Anne – well done on the weight loss, you do realise that we will want to know how you are getting on every week

Carol – how is your OH – hope he has done any more sneezing! £98 for a swimming cossie – is it gold plated? Bet you look posh in it. Enjoy your trip to London.

Gill – how are you feeling now, hopefully better that last week. I did not have a definite breast “lump” – just areas of invasive ductal cancer and lots of cancerous and precancerous cells throughout the rest of the breast. The consultant said it was an “unusual presentation” of the cancer – I didn’t find this reassuring but like Sandra says we have done all we can to sort it. Happy Birthday for whenever it is this week. Can we come round for a party?
I am planning on going back to work on 16th Feb – this is when my sick line runs out. I am supposed to be having my ESA “medical” next week but I think I will cancel it as I know I will fail and cannot face any more hassle just to get extra weeks benefit. I feel much better than when I last posted about my return to work and I feel more ready to go back.

Jackie – how is the reading going on? I have read “Her Fearful Symmetry” – it was strange, but weird how it seemed “normal” when you read it. Is it next week you go back to work – what do you do?

Denise – hope you are still taking it easy and being looked after. When do you go back for your results?

Isabelle – how are you, have you managed to see anyone yet about your painful ribs?

Sandra – hope you got your Amazon shopping done. I have a long wish list there. I have just tidied up and sorted out our bookshelves so it must be time to order some more. Enjoy your gs and son’s b’days.

Suze, Maria, Lesley, Tracey, Kanga – hope you ladies are all ok and anyone else I have inadvertently missed.

Take care everyone,

Jill

tors

Omg what a sh!tty sh!tty day, tho hopefully has turned out well in thr end. I waited from half two, when appt was, til 5.45 to be seen so you can imagine tbe stress levels ramping up. David, my husband, was with me thank god. The surgeon looked about ten snd was one i hadnt met before. She had obviously just read my notes, didnt know me from adam, at first she thought i was thete for a routine check up, but i put her straight!

She said the red bit on my scar looks ok, not concerning her, that scars change for weeks,months, years and come in sll shapes colours etc. She said we need watchful waiying and if thete are furthwr changes to tell them and shr will
biopsy it, but she doesnt think its warranted at this stage. She wpnt do a biopsy just to reassure me as its invasive and will ruin effect of my lovely surgery. Like i give a stuff!!!!!!!!!

The swelling on breast is, she thinks, down to changes from
the rads which again cause changes weeks,months, years aftet. Apparently 3 months post rads is stillearly days in their book! Pins and needles may be v early lymphodema but she saw no evidence of ld vudually but us refertinv me to the service anywY for proper assessment, which i
am pleased about. She doesnt think i need an u.s. Scan but ive adked for one. The rafiographer had gone home so my bcn will orgsnise it. So i will be on the phone first thing.

I am so shattered. Not fully relieved, but rrlieved at not having walked away with bad news tonight. I am so sick of this whole bast&rd thing though. Thanks for yoyr support everyone. Love to all

v

Tina45

Vickie, hope you can hear my huge sigh of relief. Get the scan and further reassurance. Big hug, you must be shattered. Big hug. Tina

danjo

Vickie, bet you're relived. I didn't realise that, although skin is healed after RADS, stuff is still going on and having more of an effect than you think. glass of red for me please
Carolxx

libby_2010

Oh Vickie that is good news, thought you were in there with a sleeping bag hun. Yes rads damage is a b****r Have a large one on me. Love and hugs Jackie

heatheruk

Oh thank goodness your on your way home. I am really pleased, been worried about you all day. I am sure the doctor is right, but a scan will put your mind at rest. Champagne for me please, I will have 2 glasses please.
Right going to have my tea now (((((((hugs)))))))) look in later.
Love Heather
xxxxxxxx

sandra4

well that is good news!

champagne's on ice

Hugs

Sandra xxx

tors

Surgeon thinks rads damage. In car will post later. Didnt scan me, too late, but i have adked for one anyeay. Xxxxx

libby_2010

Oh Vicki have been popping in all afternoon hun hope you are OK (((( HUGS)))) Will respond to other posts in a wee while. ( sorry Heather sample and all that lol) Jackie

heatheruk

Still waiting Vickie ((((((((hugs))))))))
Heather xxxxxxxxx

dee49

Heather your poem is lovely!

Vickie can't believe you've had such an agonising wait! We're all with you and worried about you xxx

danjo

Lovely poem, Heather and it rhymes too!! not keen on all this modern poetry that doesn't rhyme anywhere.
Off to the Metropalis tomorrow! London eye and lunch river cruise all booked and booked a table at one of the restaurants in the Albert Hall, so not far to walk!

Vickie, hope you're not still at the hospital!

Carol xx

Heather, you can never "go"to order can you!!

heatheruk

Hi Vickie and Sandra, thanks for your Comments.
Vickie I can't beleive your still waiting, I have been looking in all afternoon, even looked on face book(((((((hugs )))))))) lovey thinking of you xxxx
I have just had the district nurse round to see me about another problem I have got, they wanted a sample, but I couldn't do one lol

Love Heather
xxxxxxxxx

sandra4

Long wait for you Vickie, hope it wont be much longer! thought it was earlier in the afternoon, l must have got that wrong! Everything crossed and thinking of you and sending good vibes xxx

Heather, that was very good, and bought home what l was thinking the other day.....pull myself together and get on with life......just some days are easier than others!

Hugs xxx

tors

Love your poem heather, v clever!
Am still waiting to be seen. Ffs.

heatheruk

Hi Ladies heres one of my poems,
No Going Back
I wanted to go back, be like I was before,
But that life has gone now, I'm not like that anymore,
Why dont we just appreciate, and live for everyday,
And stop spending time just wishing the pain would go away.

I use to be happy; Not a care in the world for me,
Now I just feel tearful, just leave me let me be;
I can't look in the mirror, because I dont like what I see,
It doesn't look like me now, I'd just like to be free.

Hang on wait a minute; I look around and think a while,
That horrible cell didn't kill me;I don't have to run a mile,
I must pull myself together, or i'll end up in the looneybin,
Just going to fill every minute, and take life on the chin.

I have been practicing trying to write poems all afternoon, and I still haven't come up with anything decent. Good job it hasn't got to be in till 24th of Febuary.
I came on to see if there was any news from our Vickie, but I cant see none, I will go and look on facebook.
Love Heather
xxxxx

danjo

Nell, yes almost exactly what the physio told me that the receptors are just under the skin so don't need to rub hard-she gave me a print out with the arm divided into sections, starting with the shoulder and massage toward the neck, then work down to the upper arm, then lower arm then back of hand and between the fingers.
don't go overdoing it (housework I mean)

Love Carol xx

heatheruk

Well done Anne, whished it had worked for me, I will try again soon.
Vickie, thinking of you, big (((((((((hugs )))))))))))) for our baby.

Love Heather
xxxxxxxxx

dee49

Morning ladies,

Vickie have sent you hugs on FB

Anne, Well done - think I lost the same last week but it wasn't through WW 😞

Jackie Yes the drain is out, just got told off off OH for doing too much this morning, up had a shower and tidying sons room, no easy task either! Given up now so he can finish it off when he gets home from school lol...
Hope you are ok and enjoying the last of your time off work?

Carol, think it was you who mentioned something about cream on your arm? Well when I saw the physio last week she said to rub aqueaous cream on my 'bad' arm starting at the wrist on the inside of your arm and gently rubbing upwards only towards your shoulder and using very light touches, apparently the ?lymph glands are on the inside of your forearm and the massage and cream help to stimulate them and thus aid reduce the risk of lymphodoema (hope I've spelt that right), anyway giving it a go...

Special wishes again to our beautiful baby......

Love, hugs, thoughts & wishes to all,

Nell xxx

danjo

congrats, Anne, you're getting there!!

all the best this afternoon, Vickie.

sandra4

Well done Anne, what a boost for you! xxx

Gill, the 'profile children' are baking a cake for your 50th Birthday which is on Saturday?
xxx

taxi73

Went to WWs and lost 3.5lbs..

taxi73

Good luck for tomorrow Vickie...big hugs and we're all holding your hand xxx

libby_2010

Just popped in to say Good Luck tomorrow Vickie. Will be thinking of you. Hugs coming your way.
Dee hope the drain has gone xx
Love Jackie

Welsh_girl

I really hope you can escape your torment tonight and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
Written to you on another post Vickie, just wanted you to know we're all thinking of you and wishing for the very best.

Goodnight my lovely. Just wish we could share that burden of waiting from so many of you tonight.

Wx

pina_c

Good luck for tomorrow Vickie. Will be thinking of you.
Gill xx

sandra4

Hope your nytol works, only one thing left to say 'Night All'
xxx

tors

Cheers
have officially decided tonight is a nytol night.
V

sandra4

Everything crossed for you Vickie xxx

heatheruk

Hi Everyone, well I got the pic of my pussy on, no Carol, I am not wearing him on my head lol He is lying propped up against my basket with all my books, he is sat watching me type to you ladies at the minute.
Vickie, I know how your feeling, I am dreading the scan again, why is it all so scarey? and your just a baby, our baby. Good Luck Vickie, will be thinking of you tomorrow, I haven't got my appointment yet, (((((((((hugs))))))))
Sandra, I didn't take the pill, I am really going to try and pluck up courage to take one tonight. Wow I wish I had only 3 to 4 pound to lose, mine is more like 3 to 4 stone lol. My daughters youngests birthday is in Febuary, well almost, he was a leap year baby and born on the 29th of Febuary. I dont get the thrill off buying toys for him now, I wont get him any more Stig putty though after the episode at christmas with the duvet lol
Carol can you send me a bag full of relaxation please. MMMM now your a rich Carol, just thinking what I would like, definatly not a pearl necklace lol
Jackie, we will miss you when you go back to work, can't you tell them we need you!!! hope you enjoy your organic veg.
Dee, hope your still feeling ok, hope the drain came out ok ((((hugs)))))))
Maria (((((((((hugs)))))))))) thinking of you.
Taxi, good luck tonight, think it is W W tonight, or have I got it wrong lol
Gill, dont go back to work if your not ready, have you told you doctor how emotional you still are, and that you have a lot on your mind. I know where your coming from with the tablets, I was taking a few before, now It is a wonder I dont rattle, I probably would if I was thinner, now they just bounce around inside me lol Take care and dont go back if your not up to it.
Jill, hope everything is ok with you now, no more scares?
I am going to send this now before I lose it, lap top had a bit of a wobble then.
Take care,
Love Heather
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dee49

Will be thinking of you Vickie and holding your hand.... xx

tors

Thanks for your encouragement everyone. Got hospital appt with surgeon tmrw afyernoon at hslf 2, at north mcr as my surgron at oldham is off sick.

V

danjo

Happy Feb to all my cyber freinds
Nell, happy "no drain day"
Vickie, hope you get your results straight away. unless you're GP specialiises in BC, you're bound to know more than her!
Gill, glad you are feeling more positive now, the worry is always there though, isn't it, however far back we push it.
Sandra, you must be a mega rich lady buying all those pressies! I got my pension lump sum in my bank yesterday so I feel mega rich at the moment although a fortune it aint! my first purchase was a mastectomy swimming costume ordered yesterday on line, reduced form £98 to £49, still more than I would normally dream of paying, but Im "worth it".
I try to be organic on the allotment, don't use pestisides and only organic fertilizer. If I buy chicken, it has to be free range.
Heather, are you wearing the fluffy cat on your head?
OH still suffering from his torn muscle. manage to speak to the nurse practicioner yesterday who agreed that there is nothing a doc. can do, but told him to stop taking anti inflamitories as they cause problems with Diabetes meds, so good job he spoke to her as he wouldn't have known that.I am a bit worried about going to London on Thurs.He said he'll be good and not try anything silly. no limbo dancing then!
I'm off to drop-in this morning-relaxation session this morning. I really enjoy that, can reccomend to anyone who is feeling anxious.
Love & hugs to all my friends especialy those who are feeling down at the moment

Carol xx

marial

Hugs to you all, with a special one for our baby Vickie.
Love Maria

taxi73

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Dee...glad your recovery is going well and hope you enjoy your bath.How lovely of the neighbours popping in to see if you needed anything

Jackie...back to work already.Hope the pins and needles stop soon

Heather... good luck with the scan...never ends does it? Hope you're getting some sleep.

Izzy...hope your pains are starting to go.

Vickie....so sorry to hear that you're so worried and scared.Hang on in there..hope you get your scan and results very soon xx

Sandra...no wonder you can manage to sleep...you're so busy all the time

Maria,Gill.Suzie,Kanga and everyone else big hugs as well xxxx

pina_c

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your lovely words. Am feeling a bit more positive but as you all know it doessn't take much for the bad feelings to surface again.
Vickie, so sorry to hear that you are feeling so worried at the moment. I hope you get the scan and results quickly. Lots of hugs to you.
Jill, hope that you are sleeping better now. I saw on one of your earlier posts that your return to work has been put back from early to mid Feb. I'm seeing my GP on Fri to sort out my return as my certificate runs out. Must admit I'm not feeling ready to go back yet.Take care x
Sandra, yes, when I first saw my onc he said that he was going to throw everything at my cancer to give me the best possible outcome. Think that's why I struggled with side effects as he said I'd be on the highest dose of chemo. Am feeling bit more positive now though it doesn't take much to reduce me to tears. Also have my 50th birthday this week and that is a milestone too - though I was never expecting to be wearing a wig for it!! Have fun with your Amazon shopping. It's far too easy to buy things online, especially when feeling miserable!! Happy shopping x
Heather, hope you are getting more sleep now with the sleeping tablets. Look forward to seeing your fluffy cat. Sweet dreams x
Isabelle, hope your chest pains are easing now and the tablets are helping. Before BC I didn't take any tablets but upstairs I've got a drawer full. I was really shocked at my first chemo when the pharmacist gave me a huge bag of different medications and I realised that I would be taking over 20 tablets a day to get through the chemo side effects!! Enjoy your fire and your cats x
Nell, glad to hear that you are recovering well. You'll be better once you get the drain taken out. It's so much easier to get comfortable without it in. Mind you, the drains were always a good conversation piece!! Some of my visitors went pale when they saw them. Take it easy and enjoy that bath. x
Jackie, glad you are enjoying your last week before returning to work. Hope your aerobics class wasn't too exhausting. Lovely new profile pic, is that from your holiday? Take care. x
Maria, lovely to 'see' you again. I have been thinking of you. x
Suze,loved your thoughts for the day. x
Must go now, sorry to those not mentioned, tiredness has taken over.
love and hugs to all
Gill xx

Silver10

Vickie - you hold on in there, you can do it. Hopefully you will know what you are doing tomorrow. My BCN phoned me with my bone scan results the day after the scan, otherwise I think I would have expired with worry. Thinking of you.

tors

Hi everyone,

Gp was nice, gave me anti biotics just in case its an infection. Really, i knew more than her but she tried! Spoke to bcn, she is sorting out a scan this week and phoning me tmrw with the arrangements. I am in a bit of a mess really. Cant concentrate, cant do snything and am on verge of panic attacks and shaking again. Is cr@p. But im not hiding under my quilt. Yet.

V

sandra4

Hi Ladies,
Vickie, Oh Honey you know we are all here, and how frightening when we suddenly start getting aches, pains, soreness, swelling! did you manage to see a doctor or speak to your bcn? hope so, although obviously they have not put your mind at rest! nothing we say will take that worry away from you, because as we all know it is all to real. But sending Big Hugs to you, and hoping the soreness/swelling is something easily dealt with xxx

Jackie, turning organic! me too! well l started with Milk and Cheese.
Perhaps l should look into fruit next!

Anne Well done on the 5lb! wish l could lose 5lb in one week, my diet would be over! started my diet this morning, with fruit for breakfast, l was fine until gs wanted a sausage for lunch! l had half a sausage, but bet it was packed full of fat!
wont do that again, defeat the object! nibbled on rice cakes all day.
I must really do this seriously though, the weight goes on and doesn't come off these days, l know l am not very overy weight about 3 or 4 pounds of what the heaviest l should for my height! the lightest makes me far too thin for 'my' age, need a little bit of 'fat' but yes overweight is a big thing for our bc! so go girl!!look forward to seeing what you lose tomorrow! good luck.

Nell, Ahh pleased you have good neighbours, hope you put on the 'oh l can't cook my lunch look'!!
You not had your hearing tested yet? teenager telling you to turn off radio, so he can hear his wii! poor kid!

Heather, l read a book for 30 mins and l am off!! to the land of nod!
hope the tablets work for you, awful not sleeping, had enough of that last year! funny enough l never 'really' feel tired anymore, seem as though as soon as l am awake l am up! cant relax anymore!

Gill, l hope you are feeling a little bit better! just remember nothing has changed since you first saw your onc. cant remember your words, but l do remember you saying you spent a long time with him and you were quite 'happy' with what he had said! because l laughed at what you had said, because you also said when you left you started worrying about it all again! and l thought that is just like me, with the onc l am quite secure, leave him and l start worrying!! I need to be married to one, but they probably don't come as old as me!

Well need to get onto the Amazon site and start getting some more birthday presents for gs number 2 who will be 4 soon, and son number 2 who will be 34 soon!

Hugs and Love to All and special Hugs to Vickie tonight
Sandra xxx

heatheruk

Hi ladies I took my pic off because I was going to put a pic on of my big fluffy cat, but I am on hubbys pc. I will have to try and do it tomorrow.
Heather xx

heatheruk

Oh Vickie, have you seen your doc? what did he say. We are all here for you lovey. Wished I lived closer I would come and give you a cuddle, I will send a very big cyber one instead (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Dee, I had to snigger when I read your post about me and you in an orchestra, that is just what it would be like lol I dont go many places without causing a disturbance. Hubby said our GP is just right for me. He comes to the door to shout you in, then he walks slowly back with me to his surgery. Then he sits down, waits for me to get comfy, then he leans back, folds his arms and off I go. When he has listened enough to my jumbled account, he cyphers out the problem then says 'ok this is what we will do' He is very good. Glad you have had a good day today Dee.
Jackie, Yes me and the pearls, that is why I daren't wear my grandma's. I was out one night with my daughter and SIL, and I had one of those necklaces on that have thousands of little seed type pearls. There where a few rows of them twisted together. I stood talking to my daughter twiddling this necklace then snap and they all came showering down. My daughter tryed to get me to the loo quickly, but has I was walking first one string went then another, and you could hear this whooshing sound has they sprayed on the floor lol
Well my daughters been round this evening, and I had a fashion show with my wedding outfit, she loved it, so that pleased me. The necklace I bought doesn't look right though, so I have got to look for something else. I will try not to get anything with pearls big or small lol
Well ladies, I think I am chickening out on the sleeping pill, I have got to go to the hairdressers tomorrow, and I dont want to fall asleep there, so I may leave it tomorrow night. I am going quickly now incase you shout at me lol
Take care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxx

izzypal

Hello Vickie,
So sorry your feeling so down today. I'm sending you loads of hugs and lots of love. You don't deserve all your going through, your really to young to be having all of this bc problem hanging over you.
Things will get easier in time hopefully. We are all here for you, always.xxx
PS I loved the story about your little boy stripping off in the shower, it's a good job he did'nt decide to go to the toilet while he was there!
Take care hugs and more hugs xxx

Isabelle.

tors

Am really anxious, really upset, really scared and feel really sick.

izzypal

Hi Ladies,
Jackie posted number 3000, here's to the next 3000.
Be back later xxx

Isabelle