374492posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

mum51

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Hi everyone just been catching read about three pages.
Karen-Mary looks very grown up in the pic,hope that she is feeling better and doesn't have glandular fever. Glad to hear you have new man and a handy one too, well done!Also thanks for advise re work. Work mate nad bc and came back to work too soon due to pressure from boss,one reason I'm thinking of changing jobs, so I will be careful and not even think about it until after Easter.
Heather-Debs what a cheek!My birthday April 2nd so I will remember when you are going to wedding.
Sandra-They didn't say how long Pyridoxine takes to work and I'm still getting the tingling in hands and feet but I don't think that it's so bad.Apparently it's called proriferal nurosis.
Gill-happy belated birthday,I wasn't on here last week and so I didn't know.
Carol-Hope that you had a good time in London.I have one of those sequinned berets they're cool aren't they.
Nell-I'm trying your aqueous cream tip as the arm I had epi in is quite bad.
Kanga-Really love the late for coach trip story. Got a picture of you in my head speeding down the mountain made me think of a song"She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes"Were you wearing pink pyjamas?
Vickie and cm- well done on the radio interviews.
Maria-glad you are back and love the rabbitt,yes I think that he looks very wise.
Wee girls I'm halfway through my rads and started on Tamoxifen last Friday. Been having sweats in the night and feeling low wouldn't have thought this was Tamox as only taken 4 what do you think.
Very rare that I feel so low but was reading a book on Saturday with tears running down my cheeks. Yes it was sad but not that sad!
I know what you mean about getting annoyed with the things in the papers etc.I was not overweight (I am a bit now)always ate healthily and exercised all the time guess I'm 1 in 8 too!!
Everything ok here really,uncle coping well with his chemo,got to take mum to hospital this afternoon for results from her biopsy(something behind her nose)so fingers crossed.Already been to hosp once to-day for rads but this is a different part,good job it's not too far away.Want to go in with her but she says I have to stay in car unless I pick anything up in there as it's outpatients and very very busy.Not going to argue with her I won't win.
Going to have some lunch mow and I'll be back later in the week. Love Lesleyxx

sandra4

Be thinking of you tomorrow Nell,
everything crossed xxx

silvershar

you have been on the radio what station, can i find it on internet, sounds good, well done Shar xx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
Gill, happy birthday, hope your having a good day xxx
Karen, your new photo is loverly, sorry to hear about your Mum not recognizing you. My Mum had alzimer's so I know what it's like, very upsetting at times. Nice to hear about Neil, at least we know his name now, hope Mary is feeling a little better today xxx
Vickie, I hope you enjoy your time at the Penny Brohn centre, take care and have a good week xxx
Sandra it looks like you had a good party, saw your loverly photo's on FB.xxx
Maria, sorry about the capitals, did'nt realise I was shouting, learn some thing everyday on here!!! I hope you are doing ok, thinking of you.
Denise, I hope you are still taking it easy, and being spoilt xxx
I'm having a lazy night now, got back home at 8.30 pm, had my gs since Friday morning, ( the little one) then all of them (3) until tonight, be glad to go to work tommorrow for a rest!!!
Little darlings really xxx

Hugs and best wishes to all,

Isabelle xxx

tors

Cheers cm! And dont ever apologise for butting in, you and anyone else reading this thread are always very very welcome to come and chat. And especially if its to say nice things about me!!!! Well done you, too, on your bbc surrey domination. X

ChoccieMuffin

Pardon me for butting in, I just wanted to congratulate a fellow media star. That's three of us on here that I know of who've been on the radio recently, so well done for giving a voice to ordinary people who have BC. (I've been on BBC Surrey three times this week!)

tors

Hi everyone,

Loved the story about nesrly missing the coach trip, what you like!!!

My interview was on the news a few times, you can listen to it on the bbc iplayer apparently, and heather's husband knows exactly how to do that! I was quite pleased with the content, i tried to make the point that you should be breast aware, check yourself, and dont be lulled into a false sense of security by hVing no family history or risk fActors.

I'm goung to penny brohn in bristol on tuesday til thursday on their open course, which focuses on relaxation a bit more than their other courses. I'm looking forward to it. Been a nightmare fudging together childcare but hopefully be worth it.

Karen, glad you're having a bit of fun, you deserve it!

Love to all

vickie

heatheruk

Hi everyone,had a quiet day today after a week of appointments, waiting to get my bone scan over on Thursday, might get a break then.
Karen, love your picture,wow you did have a long day travelling from Chesterfield. I use to work with the elderly who had alzheimers, they were lovely to care for, but it was so sad for their familys when they didn't know them. Now the new friend I will call him,he sounds like quite a decent bloke. I think you should give yourself time to get to know him. It's not always love at first sight you know, the nicer ones are hard to find and he seems quite nice.
Kris, what an expedition you had, I love your storys. You ought to have a go at writing comedy sketches, your stories make me laugh more than some of the things that are called comedy on the telly. I am going to ring Debenhams tomorrow and tell them how rude, and what a liar one of their members of staff are.
Well all you other ladies seem to have gone to ground today, hope your all out having a good time, and youve left BC at home.
I will look back later see if there any more reports to follow up on lol
Take Care,
Love Heather
xxxxxxx

jackwagstaff

Tales of Derring Do ( or how to make a prat of yourself!?

So wednesday night I get all my stuff ready for an early start to go to Gib .
Put my clothes out in the lounge , cos it´s marginally warmer getting dressed in there at 5am than in the bedroom . Collect the beads and earings i plan to wear ,( never go out withoout my earings ) Put out my comb hairspray etc ( sorry to those of you who still don´t need them .) The shopping trolley is in the kangaroo , and thats facing the right way , down the hill , as opposed to being parked up our drive with the gates locked ....cannot negotiate keys and locks in the pitchblack !. Check my big bag is by the door , as is my freezer bag , next to the freezer to remind me to put the blocks in . Little bag hanging off door handle complete with passport , keys , pills ,spanish euros , gib money and bank card , bum wipes . All present and correct.

And so to bed . Set alarm ..."goodnight "

Somethings ringing ..... I wake up ,"what the heck is that ?" It´s OH´s mobile . Who could possibly be phoning him , it´s dark , cannot see the alarm , but I press down the button , he fumbles around in the dark , neither one of us thinking to put on the light . He picks up his phone , "whats the time " says I , " 20 to 5 " he replies ." Hello , oh Janet , yes Kris is fine , hang on I´ll put you on ." "Hi Janet , whats the problem ? " "Kris , we are all on the coach waiting for you , it´s ready to go ."
O.M.G.!!! It´s not 20 t0 5 , it´s 20 to 7 and the coach was due to leave at 6.30 .
"We are now going to go to Algarrobo , pick up quite a few there , and then onto Torre , can you get to Torre bus station by 7.15 , we´ll wait for you there . "
I´m stark naked ( don´t even try to imagine it ! ) no shower , nothing . Alcaucin to Torre generally takes between 20 -45 mins .
I flap a cold wet flannel around , no time to wait for the water heater to kick in , My Oh and me are like a pair of maniacs flitting around the place , it´s like the Keystone cops , ( appreciate half odf you will have no idea what I´m talking about , but I´ll leave it to Sandra to enlighten you !)
I put on clothes faster than a stripper on a bonus can take them off , I´m trying to get my legs in my knickers while OH is trying to fasten my bra ( thats a first !! ) everthing is jiggling and won´t stay where it should . Slapped some foundation on but no time for anything more than a flick of hands through hair , Went out of the house carting all my baggage , unfortunately still wearling my slippers !....well they were sooo comfortable .
Finally , in the kangaroo ... "Now don´t drive too fast " says OH Come on ! It´s gone 7am , and I´ve to get to Torre , AND park And then run to the bus station ...Will there be any chance if I DON¨T drive fast ? ..No !:
Useless fact number 1
Spain is the second most mountainous country in Europe after Switzerland .

I live up a mountain accessed by narrow winding roads . I´m sure Maria knows exactly what I´m saying .
The speed is supposed to be between 40kms - 60kms in some places .
Pitch black , absolutely no lights on the roads until you get about 5 kms before Torre .
I flew down those mountains .With it being dark , I could see immediatly if something was coming ..although thats not always the case , spanish drivers are notoriious for having faulty lights. The one speed camera , half way down one hill , I hope I slowed down enough for that , the speed there is 60kms , most of the time I was doing 120 kms , many years since I´ve driven like that , usually between Worcester and Birmingham , never thought I´d be doing it on these roads in a kangaroo , what a little belter it is .No time to put the radio on or even feel nervous . Just grim determination to get there .Kangaroo bucked and jumped for all it was worth, hardly touching the road .
Just think what i could have achieved had I gone into Formula 1 .Just dangle a shopping trolley at the end , I could have given Louis a run for his money , no problem .
7.15 , I´m in Torre looking for a parking space close to the bus station, trying not to panic . Find one , Molehusband it in , brilliant , remember to turn off lights , put on handbrake , lock up the doors , get out all my assorted paraphanalia . Run like **** !!
My trolley is streaming out behind me ,occasionally landing on the pavement and clattering . I never thought i could run like that , truely astonishing . Turn the last corner , only the road to cross now , and there pulling into the bus station is the coach ...I could´nt believe it ! I´d beaten the coach .
I then got on to a rousing chorus of "Why are we waiting , " and assorted comments as to what to do to get myself there on time next time ! Thankfully I know most of these people , so it was all good humoured stuff .
Was I glad when we stopped an hour later for coffee and toilet. Needed both , but also to put my make-up on and sort out my hair .

So that was when I turned into Louis hamilton , and Kangaroo turned into a veritable flying creature.
Karen , fabulous picture of the three of you , Mary looks well , lwhere are you based to have to drive to Essex ? So sad when alzheimers takes over , I think it´s one of the worse things to happen , although the afflicted person is generañlly happy enough , it´s the family members who are devastated .Like the notice !
Heather , you give Debenhams some stick . fancy getting you all there under false pretences . 85 pounds ( sorry no pound sign on this ) thats a huge amount of money for a few hours , I know it´s a bit cheapy , but have a look around some of the charity shops , you might find something there .
Hope the lunch went well Sandra , what sort of restaurant do you have to take your own high chair ? Or do they just not want babies and small children ?
Glad you enjoyed your day Gill .
Well done our Vickie ! Wow , you are getting well known up there , good for you , fly the flag for women with BC . Tell em it´s not all over when the fat lady sings , it´s not just years of pills , it´s trying to get your head around what you have gone through . Thats the most difficult thing of all . And it´s trying to belive that everything is alright , that there are no nasties lurking , just waiting for your defences to come down so that they can get you again .Thats the hardest part , for me at any rate .
So many ladies that we all know , that were´nt obese or alckies , yet they had BC . Scary to think what will be happening in 30 years time when todays teens are older , with the level of fat some of them are carrying around , and the boozing they get up to on a weekend . Mind you , I did hear a report this morning , where some eminent doctor was saying that in another generation cancer would n¡be a thing od f the past , and if caught could be easily cured . Do I believe him ? No ,not in one generation I don´t. I think some cancers will always be one step ahead of the scientist .
Off now , bye to all
luvkangaX

kayh317

Thought I would upload a picture of the 3 of us yesterday.

Karen x

kayh317

Hi all,

just a quick one.

Saw this the other day and it made me laugh so thought I would share it.......

I AM NOT AN ALCOHOLIC
I AM A DRUNKARD
ALCOHOLICS GO TO MEETINGS

Had a very long day yesterday as went to Essex to see Mum. It was good to see her but she had no idea who we were. It was the first time Mary had seen her for a while and I was a bit concerned how she would cope but she was great even though Mum showed no sign of recognition. Went to see my handicapped brother as well and he was really off with me. Couldn't work out why until we were looking at photo's and he pointed to 1 of me with hair so I asked him if he didn't like my short hair and he said yes. Explained to him that I had been ill and my hair would grow back again and that seemed to settle him.

Well Mary off to the pictures at lunchtime with a friend and Neil (yes that's his name !!) is coming over for a coffee. I said to him the other day that I needed some jobs done and would he give me a quote so he replied that he couldn't charge me if we were going out together and I told him not to be daft, although a discount would be good. He replied that he would dump me, charge me full price for the jobs and then ask me out again !!!! What a charmer !!! Good job he was only teasing.

Well quick one not so quick but have to go and get on with some tidying up before he arrives.

Love and hugs to all

Karen xx

heatheruk

Good evening ladies, well nearly good morning. Well the sleep isn't going very well, and I am sorry still not tried the sleeping pill. Went to Banbury today, Hubby and his SIl, best man, Sils dad was going to Debenhams to hire suits for the wedding. I rang and got the details, and they where suppose to be £45. Stuarts daughter went in last week and made the appointment and asked about the prices, he told her the same. When they got there today the man said "we have changed companys and there now £85" I wasn't with them I was at MILs with Bobby. When Nikki said but I came in last week and you said the company had changed but the prices hadn't, and he said "I have never said that" I was fuming because he told me that. Anyway they left and are going to buy the suits, £85 for a couple of hours is stupid. I am going to ring Debenhams on Monday and complain, he made out that we where lying.
Sandra, Hope you have a good time tomorrow, can't explain about DIL it's just awful at the minute. I know how you feel about the anniversary of diagnosis, mine was in January and it did play on my mind.
Dee, I had a bit of cording about the same time has you, it was a week after my op. I just kept massaging it with cream and it gradually went. I think we are related lol I do have family up that way lol
Maria, I got knocked down with a push bike, and fell over a slab a few years ago, I broke my arm, my nose,my front teeth, had 2 black eyes, and that is when I started having to go to the breast clinc, I am an accident waiting to happen lol
Jackie, you sound very clued up on your gardening, wish I lived closer I love rhubarb
Vickie, well done you, can we get radio Manchester on line. You are becoming quite our little star, do you do autographs lol
Isabelle, you enjoying you hectic weekend with your grandsons, you will flake out Monday. Glad the ribs are getting better.
Kris, I know what you mean, I get fed up with these stastic (cant spell it lol) but I get fed up with them. So we are suppose to be super fit super slim fit and healthy and we wouldn't get Bc. Well what happened to Martina Navratilova, she is slim super fit etc but she still had BC, so think that sends that theory out of the window.
Gill, hope you have enjoyed your birthday, and had plenty of cake.
Carol, hope you ahve a good weekend, waiting to hear about it.
Well Good night everyone, have a good Sunday,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx

libby_2010

Well done to our roving reporter.Hope they but a balanced spin on it after the recent scary BC news.Good on you Vicki. Love Jackie

marial

Well done our Vickie, hope ypi told them the reporting recently has not pleased us, "not a personal drama, these days" they should try it them selves........

tors

Ooohhhhh just done radio interview over the phone for bbc radio manchester, bc awareness for younger women, journalist will just take a few soundbites out apparently and use it on the news bulletin/s tmrw morning as sunday morning is their biggest audience. I hadnt prepared anything and cant remember what i actually said, was all very spur of the moment!

libby_2010

Happy Birthday to Gill hope it has been a fab one so far and more celebrations to come with your OH.I had to check with you that you were the right G/Jill as you really do not look like a 50 yr old nowhere near.
Kris what a cliff hanger we are waiting to hear the tale of Lewis and Kanga.
Yep as if we haven’t got enough to beat ourselves up with we then get the latest research. But all the risk factors identified apply to millions of others and they did not get BC.
Karen nice to ‘see’ you back. Good on you girl with the new man get that list of jobs written whilst he is smitten and if he has time left I have a list too send him down. So sorry to hear that Mary has GF, my daughter had it a few years ago but was admitted to hosp as it was mis-diagnosed initially. Hope she is on the mend soon.
Dee sorry you have cording and hope you get on top of it soon.Hope you are having a restful week-end otherwise. Oh sounds like a bad accident with the bus and the Nissan Ouch.
Marial year of the rabbit Mm lets just hope the bunnies are on our side and this year is a better one all round. Little breeders.
Lesley yep that is what happens when you blink we move on several pages. Lost count a bit where are you with rads I remember you had virtually no break between peachy and rads.
Heather I haven’t started another thread although I do go on one where some ladies living within 3-4 counties meet up I’ve been twice so far and may not make it again due to work. I have been enjoying the last few weeks on A/L because I started to feel a bit better esp having seen surgeon had mammo and u/s and seeing Onc all a big relief and am to go away and not come back until next year. The wedding will come round in no time so lovely to look forwards to. I got a wedding invite this morning for the end of July in Devon. It is such a long time since I went to a wedding.Am really looking forwards to it.
Sandra have a lovely time at lunch don’t forget the high chair. Why did they think your tot would want to sit in a buggy to eat lunch and not be able to see everyone at the table? Yep the dx day is another milestone but you do have your mammo results so no holding back on going forwards if you get my meaning. Hope they are on the way to sorting out dil Mum is she still in hospital? Hope you haven’t stood on any cracks lately. The pavements here are mainly tarmac/concrete so no cracks to avoid.
Isabelle hope the ribs are feeling better and that you have had a lovely time with g-s. How many animals do you have sitting with you by the fire?
Carol hope the herceptins are going well. My veggie box was so good it has spurred me on to sow more seeds this year for veg to plant in the flower beds but I may turn one completely into a veg border. The rhubarb is on the way up and when it really gets going I am giving it away as can’t manage all of it. I even remembered to move my blueberry plants this winter to a more sheltered area. The snow got them over the winter 09/10 but I had just been dx then so not on my list of priorities. They died right back last spring and by the time they got going again it was too late for them to fruit.
Hope everyone is having as good a week-end as possLove and holding hands tightly to all my VF and Kris come back with that tale sounds like a real cliff hanger. Love Jackie

pina_c

Hello,
Thank you all so much. I'm enjoying my day and both daughters are home for the weekend. Had a lovely lunch with friends and going for a family meal at The Grove tomorrow 🙂
Maybe everyday should be a birthday day !!
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Cheers,
Gill xx

jackwagstaff

He looks a bit like a hare Maria ?

jackwagstaff

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GIIILLL !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!!!!

Ok so I can´t sing , sorry , have a fab day Gill.

Like Sandra , I have to get something off my chest cos it´s peed me off a bit .

I can accept that I´m overweight , perhaps not quite a size 14 ...( who am I trying to kid ...not even a 16! ) and I may have overindulged on the vino when younger , although I never made a habit of shouting for "Bill and Huey " down the porcelaine megaphone ..........BUT I AM NOT AN ALCOHOLIC !!!!

What is it with all this "obese and drinks too much alcohol " c*** ? Really really annoyed me .

So , I´m 1 in 8 , thats my bad luck , why i could´nt have been one of the magnificent lucky 7 ....fate , karma , or just plain bad luck . But it was NOT because of obesity or that I am or have ever been a lush !!

Flipping heck , it´s bad enough we have all become a numero uno statistic without a whopping great big arrow pointing at us .I´ll have to pretend I´ve had prostate cancer or something else , rather than admit to BC and the implications that it has been my terrible lifestyle thats caused it . Especially seeing as i am overweight .Can just see people whispering behind their hands .
"Thats Kristine , had Bc , well you can see why can´t you . Look at the size of her , AND I saw her in the bar last weekend . Stands to reason , big and a boozer . "
All the self rightous skinny size 10´s with their tonic waters .

Who comes out with all this rubbish . Like carol said once, ( think it was Carol ) we "caught " BC cos we did´nt wear our yellow wellies on a wednesday , Simples !!!

Sorry Mary is still under par , my eldest had glandular fever , not pleasant .
Hey , so whats with the builder then ?
Good for you Karen . Don´t mind the earing or the tatoos.
My OH has tatoos ...not many thankfully , and not really visable . When I met him years ago , he had had an earing , but had to stop that and take it out when he joined the navy .... nothing really changes does it ? Plus he had red hair , so definately not my type , but , hey ho , 41 years next month . Go for it girl , at least get your jobs done !
Heather , your dil sounds like a real charmer , so sorry she´s giving you grief , what a cow ! Obviously she´s a pain in the harris to your ex OH as well , such a problem . Your son must see something in her , have you ever asked him what it is ?

Will tell you the story of the "Flying Kangaroo " tomorrow .

Love all the rabbits , but you´d best keep them apart , we all know what happens when rabbits get together don´t we ?? We don´t want the forum overrun .
love to you all , especially Gill on her birthday , and to any of you who is in need of a hug .
luvKangax

marial

PS I feel this looks like a very wise rabbit and I hope he will look after us all.

marial

Happy Birthday Gill, hope you have a lovely day with something else to think about rather than bc
Nell, I am glad you have no pressure to go back to work too soon, I am enjoying going back but rather disappointed to find I am absolutely exhausted after 2 half days a week, I am sure it's not normal to be so tired. As for your leg, are you related to Heather ? it sounds like a Heather story, except her's would not have been a no13 bus, just an ordinary one.
Karen, happy to see you back and find that the reason you have not been around is a man, I have forgotten what they look like !! Hope he doesn't have a builder's bum to go with his tattoos and earrings.
Hope Mary feels better soon.
Sandra, if one in eight get bc, how come we've all got it !! ?? Have a lovely time at the pub, and no thoughts of bc during the time you are there. I never walk on the cracks since I read Christopher Robin.
Kanga, I can't wait for your next instalment.
Carol, I presume you had a good time in London, catching up is often difficult when you get back here.
Jill, hi
Isabelle, you are continuing to be busy, so the capitals are fine, it just means you are shouting !!
Heather, so something good is coming from dil, at least you and your ex agree on something.
Hugs to you all, posting or not
Maria

dee49

Morning Ladies,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILL - Eat, drink and be merry!

Carol, Hope you enjoyed London, you must show us your new beret!

Heather Hope you're sleeping better? Hope you don't have to wait too long for oh results, this waiting game we play!

Karen, Poor Mary hope she's not too miserable 😞
Your 'new man' sounds handy and don't forget it's what's on the inside that counts as I'm sure all of us bald one breasted ladies know!

Maria, Lovely to see you back posting. I was talking to my boss yesterday about going back and she's checking out to see if I can use last years holidays to build my time up when I go back on a phased return, can't see why not as it's public sector so the rules will already be laid down somewhere; then she went on to say don't even think about going back yet and to concentrate on getting better.

Sandra, Good for you turning the page on bc! The pub sounds lovely, I'm sure we'll see some photos on FB! Sorry for the confusion with the pics, thought I'd better put a rabbit one but don't know how long to keep it for!
No it wasn't Kanga's car that hit me it was Heathers scooter!
No seriously think it was a Nissan (woman driver) and I was going for a .........wait for it...............No. 13 bus!
It was in rush hour Manchester city centre, and yes I was running for the bus and no I didn't get on it I got an ambulance instead! I fractured my leg in two places and was in plaster for over four months, my leg is now twisted, bit like me really! BUT I was told I had a 'lucky' escape! Turns out that most people that get hit like me often end up dead as it's usually the head that gets it and not the leg - trust me to be different ehh! That's what the consultant told me about my bc, he said arghh, it's not that simple with yours and I thought 'bl**dy ell here we go again'
A few years later when my marriage was breaking down I looked back to then and realised that that was my turning point in life and thought I could have been dead and it somehow gave me the strength to move on and to be honest it has made me stronger and more able to face whatever life throws at you.

Kanga See if you got a FB account and even if you just had us as friends you'd see all our photos.... and what's this about you and Lewis Hamilton? I'm intrigued....

Tracey, Hope you are ok?

Hope everybody else is ok too, sorry for not mentioning each and everyone of you but this was only going to be a short post for Gills birthday but as usual I got carried away nattering......

Well I have some 'cording' quite painful too! started a thread and had a couple of replies so any tips on a post card pleeeease...
Seeing the bcn on Monday and physio Thursday, in the meantime I'm massaging it myself with aqueous cream - and the exercises were going well too!

Right must be off this time....

Have a good weekend ladies

Love, hugs, thoughts & wishes to all

Nell xx

danjo

definatly wigless but sporting a nifty Asda sequinned beret! Big Wheel didn't blow over!!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Gill!!!

sandra4

Morning!
Just wanted to wish Gill a Lovely Day, Hope you get lots of lovely cards and presents, given the choice l would have a card over a present! l love cards!
Spend a day full of love and laughter, Hope the cake is a big one!
l raise my cup of green tea to wish you a Very Happy 50th Birthday! Cheers Gill xxx

Hi Carol, Hope you had a lovely time, it was a little windy here yesterday, hope you managed to hold onto the wig! or did you go wigless!

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Hugs
Sandra xxx

danjo

Am back from London but it's going to take me 3 days to catch up!!

Silver10

Gill – wishing you a very "Happy Birthday" for tomorrow. Eat all the cakes & chocs and drink all the wine & champers you want – have a lovely day.

Love Jill

izzypal

Hello ladies,
Happy birthday Gill, hope your having a good day, best wishes xxx
Hi Heather, sorry to hear your still having trouble with DIL hope things get better soon. I've been much better with the anti inlfam tabs for my ribs, went to see the gp the other day and she said I should stay on the tabs for a while and if the pain comes back I've got to go straight back to see her before my next app.
Karen, pleased to see you back , I hope Mary is feeling better soon, sorry to hear about her having glandular fever, she will probably feel washed out with that on top of everything else, she will need plenty of hugs. Good luck with the new man, don't forget to make a big list of jobs, they'll do anything at the beginning of a new relationship, makes them look good!!!
i'VE HAD MY YOUNGEST GS ALL DAY, PICKED UP THE OTHER 2 FROM SCHOOL, GAVE THEM SUPPER AND SENT THEM HOME WITH dADDY. tOMMORROW i'M AT WORK ALL DAY THEN i'VE GOT THE BOYS UNTIL sUNDAY NIGHT, THEIR MUM'S GONE AWAY TO YORK FOR THE WEEKEND, ROLL ON mONDAY, sorry about the caps lock, can't be bothered to write it all again !!!!!!
Denise, I hope you are feeling a bit better today and that your men are looking after you, the big one and the little one, Take things easy, lots of hugs xxx
Vickie, Sandra, Maria, Suzie, and anyone I've not mentioned thinking of you all, take care and lots of hugs xxx
Shar, welcome to the thread, there are some loverly ladies here to help and support you, we have a laugh and share any problems and are always here to help eachother, you are welcome to join our mad clan, nice to hear from you, Take care we are all here for eachother xxx
I hope everyone has a good weekend,
Sandra, our posts crossed, sounds like your going to have a loverly time out with your loverly family. Sorry to hear about the sore ribs, the anti- inflamitories help a lot, I hope your's are feeling much better soon.
I hope your results come back very soon and are all ok, fingers crossed, thinking of you, take care xxx
Best wishes to one and all,

Isabelle xxx

sandra4

Hi Ladies,

Sorry about the Rabbit Maria, magic rabbit disappeared for the weekend so we can celebrate with Gill!! So pleased you are on your way back!!!!

Heather, hope the burps have gone as well as the pain! How are you sleeping these days? Hope the scan goes well next week, how long before you get the results, and hoping oh soon gets his results My other dog use to have fresh meat every day, but the two l have now cant stomach rich food!! So down to basics for them! They use to have chicken but even that upsets them!
The vet said the little one 7lb stomach is too small to tolerate our food, and the older one has two autoimmune diseases so have to stick to the same diet for her!

Nell, l need to know more about you getting run over by a car! Hope it wasn’t Kanga’s car!
Hope if you have put another thread up you get some results about your cording!

Dil phoned to book a table for 11 at the pub! Asked for a highchair, and was told they don’t have them!! They said they would leave a space for a buggy, there is no way a 1 year old is going to sit in his buggy while we all sit at the table!
So l phoned and asked if they would mind if l took mine! They said that would be fine l then suggested perhaps it is something they should think about! They have a big play area outside for children, but no highchairs!
The pub is on the edge of a forest and lake so we are going for a walk in the forest and feed the ducks after!!

My diagnosis day is coming up, and this is the last time l am ever going to mention it, (l think!) because l have decided l am fed up with this cancer running my life!
spent today having a good tidy up, brushed the carpets with a small hand brush! Yes l have a hoover, just decided to take my frustration out on the carpets, reminded me when my Grandma use to hang the rugs over the line and give them a good beating!
Well of course it will be a different matter when l am waiting for scans or results!! But until then ‘I’ am in charge of my life! So from today it is…………Don’t look back!

As l said to Nell……… l will start to really enjoy my life again as l did before, until fate steps in!! whether it is being run over by a Harrod’s van (has to be upmarket, not Tesco’s) or have a stroke! (by a nice doctor) or a heart attack after having passionate sex with Elvis Presley, yes l know he is dead, but the chances of any of the above happening!!

Walked into the papershop this morning and there were 5 ladies talking about the 1 in 8 (2 knowing l have bc) one said 'so frightening' l said, you have no worries if it is 1 in 8, l am the one!! turned on my heels and left! heard the one l know laughing!

Well none of the ladies i know in my area are 'drinkers' or overweight, whereas l know someone who is my age an alcoholic and overweight! who has bc, ME!!! AHhhhhhhhhh

Grandson walking to playgroup with me and Mummy said, Grandma if you don't walk on cracked pavements you will be lucky forever, so.........what idiot walked the dogs up the road and tried to miss all the cracks!!!

Lesley, Did they say how long you have to take the pyridoxine for before you see any improvements?
Ummm new job! Perhaps you could be an actress, l will think of a part for you, probably victorian! I love that era. Other than that it will have to be Tesco’s stacking shelves!! Ok joking!

Hi Shar, just go with it! No other option, it really does get easier! Good Luck xxx

Dil’s mum is still in hospital, been having blood transfusions over the last two days, other than that it is all we know! Said they are not sure what is wrong at the moment! And if they don’t know!!!

Ok Kanga, needless to say we are intrigued! And as usual you have left us guessing, so l will guess that you have been banned from driving like Lewis! Or perhaps you have been given an MBE like Lewis? For services to the comedy club! Cant believe you have been racing in your little ‘kanga’!!

Nell, what are you doing, each time l check we have a different profile!! Stop confusing me!!

Karen good to see you back, handy man sounds good to me! Poor Mary, hope she gets better soon,

Heather, well there you go, dil not that bad after all!! Lol, if it got you and Ex chatting! life is too short!! Feel so sorry for your son, talk about piggy in the middle!

No l didn’t make the cake Heather, didn’t you see those two children making it? Mind you l put it in the oven, didn’t want them getting burnt!

Yes, Isabelle how are the ribs? mine have been sore this week, think l have been doing too much!

Love and Hugs to one and all,
And a very special.......happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Gillllllll, Happy Birthday to YOU xxx

heatheruk

Hi everyone, well hubby had his MRI, just waiting on the results now, he feels better now its all over. Well guess what my DIL caused!! I had 2 hours on the phone with my ex (chatting Sandra and Carol lol) thats the first time I have spoke to him properly for years. It is all water under the bridge now, lifes just to short. We are both really worried about our son, but there isn't much we can do only be there for him if he needs it.
Karen, great to see you back, you go out and enjoy, play the field a bit, oh and get your jobs done lol Sorry to hear Mary is still not 100% I thought she would be feeling bit better (((((((hugs ))))))
Maria, great to see a nice long post, glad you felt up to it. The wedding is 2nd April, hubbys going to be measured for his suit tomorrow.
Shar, Hi and welcome, there is a lovely bunch of ladies on here. All ages, all shapes and sizeslol but always here for you if you need a rant,or a laugh, or a shoulder.
Dee, I will start doing some arm stretching so I can reach you next Thursday. I hope you still feeling ok, and still taking your time, and dont drink all that gin in one go lol
Gill, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Gill,
Happy birthday to you.
Did you hear me singing, I was singing as loud has I could, but I wasn't sure which way to face lol
Sandra, love the cake, did you bake it ? now I want to know,where was Dee looking for her rabblts, I am going to have a look. Hope you have a great time on Sunday, and hope DIL's mum is ok.
Lesley, my hair grew back really curly, I have had them all cut off now though. It was lovely though, I just use to have to wash my hair and leave it, it was so easy, now I am back to styling again. Dont go back to work to soon, listen to what Karen says.
Isabelle, how are your ribs, have you got the weekend off.
Vickie, did you hear anything about when your scan was going to be? hope your feeling a bit better today.
Kris, waiting to hear about the Kango louis Hamilton I am puzzled lol
Jackie, I looked for the other thread you said you had started, and I couldn't find it. Hows that grandson of yours, is he gaining more weight. I bet he looks about 3 months old, my eldest grandson was 9lb 10ozs and he looked huge, non of the new born baby clothes would fit him.
Well hi to all of you I have not mentioned, have a good weekend,
Take Care,
Love Heather
xxxxxxx

kayh317

It's me, sorry i haven't been around for a while and an extra sorry for everyone that has been going though the mill especially our baby Vickie.

Not caught up on all the posts but think the rabbit theme is great and hope this year of the rabbit is good to all of us.Maria so hope it brings better things for you.

Mary is slowly getting better although is still unwell. Took her back to Dr on Tuesday and now they think she may have glandular fever so have taken swabs and the results should be back on Monday. Have given her a lecture about kissing boys !!!!!!

I have been struggling a bit with life and even more tests so it hasn't been easy but on the bright side went out with friends last Friday and got chatted up by a man !!!

He is so not my type as he has 2 earrings and 3 tattoos but actually he is quite nice and we have met up 3 times since then. He isn't fazed by me being ill which is refreshing. The good news is that he is a builder and I have a few jobs that need doing !!!

Heather - loved the poem, made my eyes water. The wedding outfit sounds great. When is the wedding ?

Sandra - Hope dils Mum is ok.

Dee - drains out and hubby looking after you sounds good.

Gill - have a great birthday

Kanga - want to know the Louis Hamilton story

Lesley - take time before you even think about work. i know i went back too early.

Shar - welcome and you will always find support here though we are a mad bunch of ladies.

To everyone else sending hugs and sorry not to have mentioned you all.

Karen x

sandra4

Gill, had to change the cake. kept making my eyes go funny!! didn't want to upset anyones eyes!!

be back......xxx

pina_c

Thank you Sandra, lovely cake 🙂
xx

jackwagstaff

Gosh only away a few days and whoosh ....loads of pages later , and all sorts of stuff has been going on.
What a lot of worry you´ve been having our Vickie , made even worse to be left waiting and fretting to see the doctor . Your mind runs away with you when you´re sat biting finger nails wondering what new disaster is lurking . Glad she´s put your mind halfway to reasurancre.
Glad to see you back Nell , even if it is a few pounds lighter .Dread to think what came up under "rabbits " .Thank you Sandra for finding a nice cute one . No rampant rabbits on here please ? We already seem to have aquired a very large furry pussy .
Loved the poem heather .You know your dil best .
Had a pig of a day yesterday and very tired today , so I will love you all and leave you , hopefully I can get back tomorrow , when I will explain how Kanga turned into Louis Hamilton , and my trusty kangaroo into a veritable speed machine .
lotsofluvKanga

dee49

Think my search settings are very low....

sandra4

Well Nell!
l googled 'rabbit' and it came up 'cute rabbits for adoption' so it makes me wonder what you usually google!!! to come up with you being shocked at the first listing?!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx

Need to get a cake on here for our Gill's 50th birthday tomorrow xxx

dee49

Just thought I'd google rabbit to get a photo and ooh I'm shocked at the very first listing.......

dee49

Evening Ladies

Welcome Shar! Please try not to be afraid, not easy I know but the chemo is do able and somehow you do cope with everything. As Vickie says, we share everything here, good and bad, laughter and tears and support each other too, then we go a bit crazy; it's a bit like a rollercoaster really, an up and down ride but definitely an adventure!
Maria - Lovely to see you back, can't wait to see your curly hair, hope mine comes back curly too; it was before and I loved it. Must be difficult going back to work after so long off and coping with so many changes too. I keep thinking about what it will be like when I go back as - must be getting 'better' eh!
Lesley - You've more hair than me and I'm jealous! We started chemo together and mines about 1mm! I know what you mean about being closer too on FB and yes I agree.
Jill - I'm like you with 'areas' rather than lumps, expecting to get my results next week but not had the letter yet so might ring my bcn tomorrow to chase up. Are you going back to work full time or on a phased return?
Anne - Well done on the weight loss, you know you'll have to give us weekly updates now don't you! Keep it up girl!

Sandra - Hope you enjoy your lunch on Sunday and that the 9th is a happy day without too many tears; get on here (or FB/PM etc) if you feel the need to talk....
Had any news re dils mum yet? Bl**dy C word seems to be all over the place at the moment doesn't it!

Jackie - Can't believe you're still having problems with that abscess, you really are going through the mill with it aren't you!
Karen Are you ok?
Gill - Gosh we must have been in the same year at school. I missed my big '0' too last September through chemo and was going to do something special with family and friends but in the end was too tired to do anything so we had dinner and champers at home, nice and cosy so still enjoyed. The girls at work keep reminding me I owe them a big night out when I get better! and they won't forget it either - Ooh and they know how to party too!
Have a lovely day whatever you decide to do xx
Heather - Yes your scan and poss my results next Thursday though not had 'official' confimation yet; lets hold hands ehh xx

Must be getting 'old' took quite a while to pick up on all this rabbit talk! Who started it? been looking back but struggling... Sandra your balloon rabbit sounds too, well you know.... a bit naughty to say the least and as for Vickie's comments....

My bf came over today and we had a really good natter; she didn't bring me flowers or a card just a massive hug and a bottle of gin!

and on that note I'll say goodnight and hic .....

Love, hugs, thoughts and wishes to all

Nell xxx

marial

Good evening girls,
The rabbit has made my hair curly, I rather like my new "look"
I have been working 25% in January and now I am going to work 50%, probably 3 3/4 days a week. I love my work with the patients but don't like the paperwork and I am having difficulty integrating the new system that has been introduced while I was away. I am having a real battle with myself not to get stressed about it, I am not sure who is going to win.
Heather, your poem reflects well what we feel like at times, fortunately I don't feel like that all the time, but as my appointment with my onc gets nearer, I know I am going to become more and more of a wreck. I know you have a red dress for a wedding, but don't remember when it is.
Gill, the big 5 0, life begins at 50 theses days.
Sandra, I love the rabbit, thank you, lets all find rabbits for a while, we have to welcome them with open arms, so that they will be good to us. I don't mind even if they are rampent or roger or ridiculous ! I hope your dil's mother is feeling better.
Vickie, I do hope you are feeling more positive now, but I know you will not feel at ease until you have your scan. I have just learned that my onc is a belt and braces man, (tests and scans and treatment etc) I'm really happy about that.
Isabelle, I hope you are not doing too much with work and gc and toyboy and the farm.
Jackie, goodness me you still have your abscess, this is just so unfair.
Jill, hope you are OK. How is work ?
Tracey, you are very brave to go to WW, I ought to go, but I am not ready yet for such a commitment. I lost a stone between diagnosis and post mastectomy and put on half a stone during peachy mother.
Little Nell, I hope you are still being well looked after, OH sounds a gem.
Karen, I do hope the rabbit is treating you well, how much should I send to bcc (how many New Year posts did you get ?)
Lesley, nice to hear from you, don't think too much about work yet, you have only just finished chemo. I have not worn my wig since before Christmas and everyone says all the time, how much better I look, they say it each time they see me, so I am not sure what I look better than !!
Shar welcome, we all run out of bravery from time to time. We share the good times and the bad and there are plenty of both.
Suze, , Carol, Kris, Saffronseed, and everyone else, hope all is well
Hugs to all my cf
Maria

libby_2010

Hi Lesley wondered where you where glad you're OK.
Shar the adventure is the whole BC experience be it Chemo, different sorts of surgery, rads ,hormone therapy etc.Hun sounds like you are in a spin at the mo and no wonder this is a whole scary thing that is/ has happened to us all.And no you are not vain, just trying to get your head around all this and know what the impact might be. Not sure that you know what your treatment plan is yet? I had completely forgotten the smell thing but I do remember I could smell my skin but only with my nose up close asked my daughter and she was completely unaware of it so don't get uptight about whiffing all your friends away.Once you know your treatment plan it becomes easier and you only do one thing at a time so focus on that one thing. Advice on this thread in my early treatment days was DO NOT google please try to resist as you get the worst case scenarios and some of the info is old/unreliable or both. Good sources are the help line they are very good and patient. Also the publications part on the home page several of these can be down loaded and read on line or you can order them. The exercise DVD is excellent too Also to take one day at a time as much as you are able.You can post on any thread no probs with that, but you may eventually settle on one where others are around the same stage/ age etc as you.You will get there, this is just such an awful stage for you at the moment.Also do you have a BCN who you can ring or arrange to go in and see taking all your questions?Hope this helps a little. Hugs Jackie xx

tors

Hi shar,

Welcome to the thread! Its just a collection of forum users who gravitate to this thread to chat and support each other through this horrible time we are all suffering. Not sure if any of us are still on chemo but most of us have been over recent months. I finished chemo in august. My hair came back brown still, but i'm only 36! The smell thing is that my sense of smell was heightened, a bit like when u are pregnant, but i'm pretty sure i didnt smell bad myself, and if i did then everyone fely too sorry for me/too scared of me to tell me! Chemo was hard but doable, and it helps to have people who know how you are feeling. There will no doubt be a thread for ladies starting chemo at the same time as you and if not, why not start one? I woukdnt bothet trying to be strong. Just go with it. My psychiatrist (!!!) told me that the people who go through the emotional trauma at thus stage usually do psychologically better than the ones who "stay strong " as it all comes out in the end anyway.

Good luck, keep posting and we'll gladly hold yoyr hand through it all with you

vickie
x

silvershar

hi everyone, is this adventure re the chemo..... sorry if in wrong place, im so scared regarding the chemo - the hair loss, nails and the smell, whats this abot the smell, i will drive everyone away? and the hair, it grows back grey oh my god, how do you cope with this on top of everything else, i know it sounds vain but all this BC has finished me off, was so positive when dx then had the op, carried on working being normal and now this journey begins, run out of bravery as everyone says i have Shar xx

mum51

I go away for a little while and come nack to rampant rabbits, poems and news of endless waiting, what's going on?
Welcome back Maria good to hear/see you.
Glad the news was ok Vickie
Sandra sorry to about DIL mum, hope that she will be ok.
It's good to talk to a couple of you on facebook makes you feel "closer" if you know what I mean.
Rads going ok. maintainance on machine tomorrow so got a day off.
Hair about half inch now but very grey.Everyone says that it suits me as I have stopped wearing the wig unless we go somewhere special and I don't feel comfy will post a pic when it's a bit longer.
Still got tingling in hands and feet, nurse put me pyridoxine (vit b) as she says this should help. ok just very tired but this is par for the course isn't it.
Starting to think about whioch direction to go work wise after Easter I think it might be time for a change.
Hope that everyone is in good spirits,that those having treatments are "coping" and those waiting results have good news.
Try to keep smiling and thinking positive thought,I know that it is hard sometimes,but they do help if you can.
Be back soon this time. Lesley xx

heatheruk

Good morning ladies, just made the morning. Glad you liked my poem, I wrote a few yesterday, but not good enough for my assignment. My appoinment for bone scan came today, it is next Thursday. I couldn't beleive it, I should have had my hair done Tuesday, but had to cancel it because I was waiting for the doctor to ring me. So Michelle made me another appointment for next Thursday. Now I have got to have the scan, and it is one of those that takes about 5 hours, and it tells you not to go anywhere that there is a few people because of the radio activity. Yesterday the nurse came to see me, well there where 2 of them, and they wanted a water sample. Well I knew I wouldn't do one,I can't when somebody is waiting for it.So they said do one first thing in the morning and they would call for it later today. I am no good at weeing in a bottle, but I did it this morning and I missed most of it!! I only got about half a bottle, hope thats enough lol
Sandra, hope you DILs mum is ok, I know she is poorly but I had to smile at you story about the types of cancer she has, and the nun lol It will be nice to go out for dinner, it will be fantastic for you to have a day off from cooking.
Vickie, how are you taoday? was really worried about you yesterday, do you know when you have got to have your scan? Vickie I should have put laptop on last night, I was sat on the couch alone. I had terrible pains in my chest like trapped wind, and I though if I have a drink and some toast I may be able to burp. So I sat here alone drinking tea eating toast, and it worked. Oh Vickie I forgot about rampant, you see I am not that old, and rampant was a lovely colour lol
Isabelle, hope you have got on ok at the doctors, the nurse loved my cat. I was telling them, he has a fresh chicken fillet everyday, uncooked, and once a week he has liver, but he cant have cooked meat. And Bobby my little dog, he has braising steak everyday, but he has it cooked with bicuits, and on Sunday he has Sunday dinner. The nurse's where laughing because I said we dont eat meat evey day lol
Jackie, I must admit when I was writing that poem I was ok, then they tell you to read it out loud. So I read it to hubby, and it made me cry, because a lot of what I said referrs to how I feel. I will have a look for your other thread, and have a read.
Hi Maria, I love bunnys so I am hoping there going to be kinder than the tiger. Lovely to see you back home.
Gill, your still a baby lol it will be nice to have lots of little do's it will make your birthday last longer.
Jill, you where right, Sandra found a rabbit, hope it is going to be a lucky rabbit for all of us.
Carol, hope you have a good weekend, and dont take all that money with you, you'll spend it.
Dee, hope your still improving, and taking it easy. I think my bone scan on the 10th is the same day you get your results. We will both have a panicking day.
Well its a nice sunny day here, but it is quite breezy.
Have a good day,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx

pina_c

Good evening, or maybe more correctly good morning!!

Sandra, thank you for the 'profile children' cake mixers! Will need to be a big cake for everyone on here 🙂 Yes, on Saturday I reach my half century!! Original plan pre bc had been to have a big joint party with OH who is also 50 in a couple of weeks. Current plan is to have a few little 'dos' as I'm not feeling up to arranging a big one. the good thing is that this means my birthday is spread over a couple of weekends 🙂
Sorry to hear about your dil's mum. It never ends does it? Lovely rabbit pic!! x

Vickie, glad you are feeling more reassured now. What a long wait for you. Hopefully you will sleep better tonight. x

Isabelle, good luck at the GP's today. Glad all the tests were ok. x

Maria, here's looking forward to the year of the rabbit. Lovely to see you back. x

Carol and Nell, interesting what you've said about arm massage. I've been trying to massage mine regularly too. I was told to start at the shoulder and then gradually work my way down the arm. Glad your drain is out now Nell. x

Heather, lovely poem and new profile pic 🙂 x

Jill, glad you are feeling more ready to go back to work now. Work just seems like a differnt world. So much has changed in the last 10 months! Take care. x

Well I don't seem to have replied to many of you but time has run out on me.
Love and hugs to everyone,

Gill xx

sandra4

Hhmmmmm came too soon their Vickie!!
At your age you are allowed to think dirty thoughts and anne summers, even if you are eating toast and drinking tea in bed! Alone? have you checked under that duvet? never know who is lurking!

Me? l see a rabbit and think, ahhhh how cute! sad or what?

Hugs
Sandra xxx

sandra4

Just pressed and.......where's it gone? answers on a postcard please!

Jackie, Hope that a-bs goes!! yes l know so do you! a lady l was in hospital last March had one appear in November where the drain had been! she has it dressed each day, and they keep saying it it getting better, but she said she sees no change in it!

dil's Mum was diagnosed with cancer of the vulva nearly two years ago, she had another lump come up, but they said it was ok, but she has been feeling unwell and dizzy lately, and tonight she collapsed, she is on one of these call assistant that you wear around your neck, as she lives alone, she was told the type of cancer she has is very unusual, and it is associated with certain types of 'ladies' she asked what they meant (very old fashioned lady) he told her ladies that have been 'around' a bit! she was not happy to be asked how many partners she had! she told them in no uncertain terms she was not that type of person and she has only ever been with her husband! they did reassure her by saying they do have a 'nun' that has it!! nudge nudge!! oh l said nudge, nudge not the doc!!!
dil just rang again, they are keeping her in over night and doing more tests, so should know something tomorrow.

Isabelle, good luck with doctor tomorrow. Have you not got the cattle around that fire too?

tors

Sandra, sorry to hear about your dil's mum, hope its nothing too serious.

Think its me that has dirty mind after all as rabbit immefiately makes me think "rampant" and anne summers.

Meanwhile i am just eating toast and drinking cup of tea alone in my bed!

Smiling away to myself now, Am innuendo queen.

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
I hope your all having a nice quiet evening.
Vickie, I'm pleased to hear that things went well at hospital today, such a long wait, they don't care if you have to wait a long time, they don't realise how worked up we can get from all the waiting.
Hope your taking it esay now.
Lots of big hugs xxx
Heather, your cat is beautiful, I've got 3 lying next to me on the settee,so spoilt, it's a cats life!!!
Tracey, your doing really well with your diet, I went to WW a couple of years ago, it's a very good way to lose weight, you will get very good support there. Hope all keeps going well for youxxx
Sandra and Jill thanks for thinking about my painful ribs, their not too bad today, going back to the GP in the morning, all tests, blood and xrays were ok,so I'll have to see what she says tommorrow, but on the mend I think, thank you. I hope you are both doing well today xxx
Denise, I hope your taking it easy today, glad your drain's out,it will feel much better not carrying it around with you. Thinking of youxxx
Maria, I'm pleased to see your back with us, loverly to have you back, lots of hugs xxx

Best wishes to all my cyber family,

Isabelle xxx

libby_2010

Oh Sandra we crossed sorry to hear about DIL mother.Do you know what is wrong with her? Saw the rabiit very cute and chop sticks sorry I really need a knife and fork Jackie

libby_2010

Crikey Vicki thought you must have been at my breast clinic the ‘joke’ there is that you need a sleeping bag or pray to get out before it goes dark lol Glad to hear that you are at least relieved and went home with some reassurance. Also see my longer post re breast changes on the other thread, couldn’t believe that this would flare up after such a relatively settled period.
Sandra now you have the challenge to find a rabbit in a hat or any where else.Great that you are being taken out for Sunday lunch and no washing up either.
Heather your poem made me weep but then the last verse was lovely.
Carol and I think Dee wot is all this about arm massage? I do cream my affected arm every morning after my shower but you both describe the massage bit differently.
Dee would lke to say their bedrooms get better but daughter who does not live with me has a storage depot in hers. Now don’t go overdoing it or perhaps all that activity keeps your mind occupied?
Tracey well done on WW on Tues that is a stunning loss in 2 weeks keep it up but don’t send me those pounds unless they are £. You must be so chuffed.
Isabelle hope you are more comfortable. As Sandra said we have thrown everything at it and now we have discomfort I for one had not expected any of this at the end and it is fast turning me in to a worry freak.
Sandra just flipped back to the thread and saw your juggling rabbit very clever like the rest of us keeping all the balls in the air at the same time and woe betide us if we drop one.
Went to see PS this afternoon with continually oozing abscess and was ready to fight my corner AGAIN as I did on 23/12 he just said well I will excise this for you I had already told him I would NOT take any more a-bs as this is not good for my immune system and am doing daily dressings. Wot why did he not say that in Dec when I still had time off work well I am now on the ( very long waiting list) for another excision hopefully I can get this done on a few days A/L and get back to my phased return.
Marial good that you are back
Love and hugs and holding hands tightly to all my CF Jackie