cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

salsasuzi

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Hey ho,
Had a verrrrry lazy day today.....shamefully not dressed yet!!

Kanga, yes the BUPA insurance was very good, it covered all aspects of bc as well as all normal insurance stuff and that was whilst I was mid treatment too and at risk of needing some kind of claim (luckily I didn't require it but was good to know it was there if I did).

Sandra, glad the consultant had been well trained to inspect you thoroughlly, not glad that she didn't tell you all was well, glad they are going to act quickly, thoughts and hugs are with you...you will be fine...you have booked a suitcase in August for the Kangavisit Because the Kangavisit is at the end of the cruise I am wondering what will happen to all the stowaways in suitcases as we sail around the med hmmmmmm ideas on a postcard:-)

Lesley, my periods stopped after the second chemo and are still stopped now chemo over and on Tamoxifen. during chemo the flushes were light and at first on the Tam but now after 4 months of Tam I get the sweats several times a day and several times a night 😞 am trying evening primrose oil, was going to try black cohosh but that has had some contra indications regarding oestrogen so as I am 100% e and p +ive I am not going to try that now.

Still thinking about hair colour and cut so today am still grey and fluffy (ha I sound like a bl**dy squirrel)

Dee I like your connection with the bluetit and sentinel node biopsy

ok off to watch GOK ....see what he advises people with spacehopper shape to wear!!!! (done ww for 3+ weeks...not a flaming pond off yet grrrrr) maybe it's the fluid retrnntion from the rads....how long will I be able to blame rads for everything I wonder
Hugs from me to you xxx

mum51

Relax you lot I'm def not pregnant,oh had the snip years ago.
Sandra-hope that everything turns out to be ok,at least they are getting on with it quickly.xx

jackwagstaff

Love your tit Carol !
Whoops Lesley , think you should have used the durex !!
Oh Sandra , if it´s not one thing it´s something else . Still at least now , if any of us have the slightest little glitch we know that they will give us the once over . Fancy calling me a "baggage !" If you came we could all go up the rock and see the monkeys ! Thankfully have never been back to the room where I had my dx .
My friend Pili who I see at the charity where I go Tuesdays has had to see the onc today as she´s worried because she´s lost a lot of weight very quickly and is´nt trying . She´s had some tests today and has to go back next tuesday for the results .Her Bc was dx 4 years ago when her son was 2 , but she´s been fine since . I think she works too hard and I´m hoping that it´s that that has caused her to loose the weight .
Gosh I was sore enough after 25 on one boob , cannot imagine how bad it must be to have 35 on two ....horrendous ! Have you tried aloe vera ? Get the purest you can ( gel ) put it in the fridge and apply frequently , it does work ,it´s sticky , but who cares .Hope the soreness gets better soon .
Are the anti biotics working yet Nell ? I hate wearing a bra in the house , but if I don´t I end up tripping over my nipple ! No , not quite , but I do keep hitting my bc one on the bathroom door jhandle , really makes I swear ! The b+++++ thing is exactly the right height and in the dark I just walk right into it .
So none of us want your "nipple clamps " Heather , not really into S&M , I´m more and M&S person myself . You could always try one nipple and attatch the other to your nose , then if you borrow Nells leathers and pose on the motorbike , you´d be a right biker chick !We could put you in a calender as well as Karen !
Oh Isabelle , Jersey Ice Cream , that sounds sooo yummy , I want to come too ! Wish we´d found that when we were all up there on our holidays instead of knocking off those hunky farmers !!
I´m with you Maria , let them eat fish ! plus loads of veg with pasta or rice , plain fish , fried fish , battered fish , roast fish , curried fish , soup ,( with fish !) As for keeping things separate , yeah , "What the eye does´nt see, the heart does´nt grieve about !"
My hair is dyed , it´s blonde , my original very dark brown does´nt suit me at all any more . I tried it 15 years ago , I looked like Morticia from the Adams family cos I´ve got pale skin , and at the time , my hair was very long . Then in France I went a vivid red . My OH laughed so much ithought he´d have a stroke ! Following day it was a quick trip to the hairdressers to remedy my art work . Next week , just before I come back to the UK I´m booked for brown and red streaks . My hair is shorter now than it´s ever been because it´s gone so thin . No , it will always be coloured , but it does go too light here in the summer , don´t want to be too blonde .
As you all know , I´m not on Facebook . I´m a bit dubious about it , Only last week , someone has posted an email onto facebook that was sent to someone I know . The whole thing has got out of hand with the whole village taking sides and it´s just ridiculous . I was told all about it when I went to get my sausage and chips for goodness sake ! Plus ,it´s one of my neighbours who has nothing to do with eithre party who posted it , talk about stick your nose in other people´s business , and I just worry about the secyurity of it ,anyway cannot master it so for me , it´s not an issue .
luvto all potential stowaways !
KangaX

That holiday insurance with BUPA sounds quite reasonable Suze , I paid an absolute fortune with "Staysure " ( the over 50´s expert ! or so the advertising goes ) this year it will be even worse as we have both had tests on our hearts , mind you , that depends on whether I tell all .

sandra4

Hi Ladies,

Well firstly, Lesley l hope you are not pregnant!!

Never seem to get good news! So this is what happened.......

I was pleased l saw a lady consultant, as one of the men dr’s l have seen lately has a grope rather than a good feel!

Oh, she said there is a thickening on your scar, this is on my good boob, 30 odd years ago l had two lumps removed from both breasts, so off she went and checked the mammogram, when she came back she said it looked ‘alright’ but as my cancer was found under the scar tissue of the other breast!! She would get an ultrasound done,
no rush she said over the next two weeks! Sent me down to xray to book the appointment and they said, your consultant has put urgent! So it can be done on Thursday afternoon! Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Really am pleased that she has found it, and it is being looked at, as l say the other doctor would not have found anything, and l haven’t noticed any change, l know the area feels different where the scar is, but still felt no different, but then again neither did the other one!!

She was a really lovely lady, said she is only there for a few months then moving on, l said your examinations are so different from the doctors at the hospital, she said she has been taught to examine in a different rather brutal way! Ok by me! If it gets the job done!

So not sure how l am feeling, either way it has to be sorted!

Hugs
Sandra xxx

mum51

forgot to say. All through chemo still had periods regular as clockwork,since finishing not had one.I'm now nearly a week late, could it be Tamoxifen do you think. Has anyone else had this prob?

mum51

Hust spent some time catching up.Have been reading posts on oh lap top but every time I tried to post it got so far then got "lost".
Sorry been away for a while but had a bereavement in the family.Think that I've said before I have always been close to me ex in laws(been divorced 20 years+)they have always treated me like a daughter and I see them most weeks.My son has always been close to them as he is their only gc well papa(as Oli has always called him) died last week and so I have been spending some time with xm.i.l.trying to help out and comfort her.
Anyway I'm back now and enjoyed reading the posts.
Suzi-hot flushed wake me up in the night too,guess it's the Tamoxifen coz didn't have them before.
Anne-well done on the weight loss,that's the next thing I have to tackle. Not put a lot on but clothes feel tight and I need to tone up.
Carol-love the pic of the "blue tit"my oh still calls me that as blue dye from op still hasn't completely gone.
Sandra-mm gcs menu sounds good. I have always done pelvic floor exercises but don't stop the prob.may get it checked once I feel ok lot's of ads on the tv about it at the moment.Hope that you're app went ok.
Nell-sorry you're not too good hope that you will soon be ok.
Jackie-percevere with"Room", it's really good.
Hair-mine getting very fluffy and not a bad colour if you like grey. Been told to get "touch of silver" shampoo but I'm not convinced by everyone who says the colour suits me. Want to go the copper colour that my short wig is.
Regarding trevel insurance-I had a fact shhet from the hospital with lots of numbers on and also a leaflet from bcc.I telephoned a couple and they were very expensive (around £200).Then I phoned my bank because as part of my bank account I have trevel insurance.I expalined to them about bc etc. aand all they would charge is £80 to upgrade my insurance and that is for a year not just for the holiday.
Kanga-Durex Play. mm ther lies a story that I will try to divulge without too much detail. As you all know I work in a chemist and we are always interested in new products so when this came out(couple of years ago) decided to try it. (it's a lubricant)The "play" is ok but the one called "Tingle" avoid!! It's tingles far too much. Enough said.
Funny story about a friend of mine who went swimming in her"softie"
came out of the pool with one normal saize boob and one extremely large one!!Softie had soaked up the water. She had to make a quick exit to the changing rooms.
Does anyone know how soon after chemo and rads you can,swim,go to a spa,have a hair colour etc.
Speak agaian very soon Lesleyxx

dee49

Hi Ladies,

Whooo..... a trip to see Kanga – Suze count me in!
Suze doesn’t sound like you’re ready for work yet! As Maria says, don’t overdo it and rest if you need to – and yes I know easier said than done!

Isabelle, totally agree with you on the bra thing! I even take mine off without taking my top off – and no ladies it’s not my ‘party trick’ lol…
Been thinking about you a lot recently too and that dreadful time when you went through foot & mouth. On BBC Cumbria this week they’re commemorating the 10th anniversary and it’s so sad; don’t know if I should be listening to it really but we usually have Cumbria on anyway.

Maria your hair looks lovely; can’t wait for mine to get kick started!

Sandra, Please let us know how your visit to the onc/surgeon went today; hope it went well. I got my results last week in the same room where I first saw my surgeon and yes it did feel strange. I was diagnosed at a different hospital so not had to go back there for any follow on treatment as it’s the central base for the screening programme and once diagnosed they transfer you to your local hospital. Don’t want to go back there either!
Used to go and watch Man Utd when I was a lass with my dad; dad still watches them but son just can’t grasp the logic of the game and prefers logical games like chess – he does say he likes Man U though when asked!

Carol, Enjoy the champers!
Oh yes and another angle on the ‘blue tit’ – it could be a sentinel node biopsy one! My boob was still blue after seven months and then they took it away 😞

Hope all you ladies are ok? And that includes ALL of you.

Right off now ladies, teenagers lunch is calling and he's put his plate in the oven to warm it up....

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

sandra4

Suze,
You said the same as my vet! but as l pointed out to her, l can only just afford my 'dog' vet bills!! at least my nhs is 'free'

Ok book me a suitcase! l'm off on a cruise!! Yippeee

Hugs
Sandra xxx

salsasuzi

Sandra I am not stowing Kanga away and bringing her home but stowing any adventurers who want to come to Gibraltar to meet Kanga!!!! Not even sure that would be safe lol but hey it would be fun 🙂
Hope Bailey is ok and also hope your cold goes away too. Why do you need to see the onc/con when you have already been to the vet 😄 good luck for the appointment though I know what you mean about 'the room' oh how these things get to us. I was scared last week, even though I knew that the discomfort is because of all the rads I am still fighting to get myself to believe it and while I have boobs they worry the heck out of me specially when they are so hurty 😞
ok sleep time as I said that ages ago and I'm still here silly me xxxxx

sandra4

Evening Ladies,

Had one of those days today, you know the day before you are seeing your onc or in my case my surgeon!
Not really worried about anything (much) just the thought of going there, in ‘that’ room, the one l was first diagnosed in! Gosh l have shed some tears in that room!! well l did have three ops!

Little Bailey goes to the vets in the morning, he has been coughing an awful lot lately, so vet is going to try some new heart tablets for him! She asked if l wanted an appointment for myself as l sounded awful!! Thanks a lot! Still have an awful cough.

Had a good weekend, youngest son won their semi final, so that put a smile on his face, we all went to watch, raining and muddy, lovely! no wonder my cold doesn’t get any better!!
Grandchildren were playing football on the next pitch, when 3 year old granddaughter fell over, any normal child would jump straight up, but not this little princess, sits in the mud shouting ‘who will pick me up?’ needless to say grandma went running, but just before l got to her l took my camera out and took a photo, my dily shouts out ‘can’t believe grandma stops to take a photo, while her lovely granddaughter is sitting in the mud’ Lol!

They all came back for lunch, while my shower and washing machine took a bashing!!

Maria, your hair looks lovely. looks quite long? l know l will hate that inbetween stage!!

Suze, wish l had two boobs!! sounds like you are having a busy time!
not sure about you calling our Kanga 'baggage' and not sure you should encourage her to stowaway! what would you do with her once you got her home? think twice!!

Isabelle, sounds like you are having fun with the gc. hoping to get out with mine a few days this week, but have a few appointments, and trying to arrange a lunch with two ladies l was in hospital with last March!! Oh you can keep that snow up there! we want sun now, hope it doesn't settle!
feeding quorn to farmers!!!! you will be banned forever!!
My husband has a habit of putting things down the side of the sofa!! well he use to have!!!! say no more!

Carol, well done on finishing the mortgage off, remember those days well!!

Nell, your OH sounds like all the OH's mine wont have semi skinned milk, whereas l do, so if l run out of his full cream l top it up with mine!! l always have lots of semi, as l drink a lot of milk!
but if l was to say use the semi, he would say 'no don't like it' but he has been drinking it for years, on and off!!
Oh dear, hope number one son has learnt his lesson! well at least until the next time!!
I feel like l have always watched football in one way or another, my Dad use to play, and my brother, then my OH and now my son! oh yes and in between watching Spurs! although in 'my' day l use to support Leeds in the Billy Bremner days!! l know, who's that!!

Jackie, you will have to retire from work, so you can keep up with the thread! 'little' Angus sounds like he is doing well! look forward to seeing a photo!
How old are the gc's that your son took to football? they must have been exhausted, have they been before?

No little black book, but here goes, Kanga, K, Saffronseed, Anne, Lesley, Heather, Gill, Vickie, Jill, Tracey, hope you are all keeping well?

Hugs
Sandra xxx

salsasuzi

Hi,
yes the Lake district was beautiful, Izzy we went by Penrith to get home last Tuesday. Watched 'one man and his campervan' yesterday on tv ..the episode in the lakes..oh the freedom to be able to just go wherever you wish and take in all that gorgeous scenery...sets my mind a wandering it does :-).

Maria, hope you cope with the visitors and they don't overtire you.

Yesterday went to Skipton to visit OH nephew and his family and there was snow on the ground...ohh hurry up spring, warm sunshine and frogs and spring flowers so pretty 🙂

Today I went to Cheshire Oaks with 'roytonian' from another thread, we had a lovely day out which was a last minute decision as we were only going to go out locally for lunch, tired out now though.Eating Thornton's toffee..my little treat yummy 🙂

Nell, hope those ab's work quickly. Both of my boobs are uncomfortable and quite painful at times still from the radiotherapy, only now am I realising the impact of having 38 rads. Makes me wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to have starbones (not that I was really given a choice as consultant wasn't wanting to go down that route), probably shouldn't say that and should be grateful that I still have them ( I am grateful..honest) just wish they didn't hurt so bl**dy much :-(((( they are so uncomfortable and look forward to a day when they don't hurt every time i move, not helped by the fact that it's both of them...definately not up for the nipple clamps !! moan endeth 🙂
Holiday insurance, not got any yet for the cruise. Used BUPA in Nov when we went to Turkey when I was mid rads so still considered under active treatment, was about £75 for a week

To those who advised not to rush back to work, I agree with you, I don't want to go back just yet (see Mediscreen occ health on THurs this week), dunno how long it will be before I won't feel so tired and breathless. The thought of working full time again is petrifying, I know I'll be on a phased return but after that passes you're right in it and that's scary. On the other hand I am now on half pay (since Dec) can't get ESA till March for whatever reason, can't get any other financial help whatsoever so going back to work will at least ease the financial worries that still go on...as if we don't have enough to contend with.

Lots of discussions about hair now as some of us develop our new styles/colours, mine is still greyish, getting a bit longer now, still looking 'knitted' need to do something with it soon just not quite sure what!!! The sides are getting a bit longer but are wispy, the back is 'scrubbeldy' it looks like I have 2 crowns, trying the mousse to try to keep it under control till its long enough to get a style out of it !
Crikey I feel like I'm having a right old moan today :-{

Kanga, will check the cruise itinery and pm you the date for gib but it's not till August. Stowaways welcome, because we sail from Southampton there is no limit on baggage so you can all hide in suitcases then we can all see Kanga.

Well that's my update for now, very cold here tonight so I think I shall retire to cosy bed land....leaving you all a hug each, including those I haven't mentioned personally.
Bye for now Suze xxxxx

Carol, no more mortgage congratulations enjoy the sparkly xx

izzypal

Hi Ladies,
Heather, I'd be no good trying to feed my lot with quorn, being beef and sheep farmers I'd probably get banned from the house!!!
Nell, I'm like you with regards to the wearing of bras. I take mine off as soon as I get home! Can't stand them on at home. A few year ago when I was first on my own I rented a farmhouse in the next village. When I bought my house and had to move, my daughter, her husband and Mark who is now my OH helped me move house. As they began to take the settee out to put in the trailer (we always move in cattle trailers here!!!) my daughter found one of my bras stuck down the side of the settee and being cheeky she told Mark and my sil that she'd just found one of Mum's bras tucked down the side of the settee!!!I must have taken it off while watching tv and forgotten about it and it had slipped out of sight, good job it was'nt an older one...How embarassing, don't kids just love to show you up? I know mine does...
I hope that the anti-biotics start to work very soon and that you are able to feel more comfortable xxx
I've has a nice day out today with my 2 eldest gs. We went to a place at Penrith called Reged and they got some money boxes in the shape of monster trucks and they had to paint them at a craft workshop, kept them occupied for a while, then we had lunch in Penrith and went shopping. We have had a good day today and are planning a trip to the Jersey Icecream Farm tommorrow, yummy...
The boys are now tucked up in bed upstairs, wasn't worth taking them home so I just kept them here, then we can all have a lie in in the morning!!!
I hope everyone is ok today,

It's snowing again outside, very cold, I hope it does'nt lie.

Hugs and best wishes to all,

Isabelle xxx

danjo

well, as I started to say this morning before I lost it (yes, I know,I lost it some time ago) I honestly did not see the connection with the blue tit! the reason I have put it on here is that "our" blue tits are going in and out of their nesting box and, no they are not as tame as the one in the pic.
still not done anything about dying my hair, I did take a look at Maria's web site. I bought some styling wax today.
Isabelle, sounds like you have a busy week "off work"
Heather, my son wrote my car off the first time I let him borrow it, went through a red light too busy chatting to his friend. a big 4x4 smashed into him. fortunatly my car was a Volkswagen Jetta, built like a tank so he wasn't hurt.
going to be celebrating on Thursday as our endowment matures-no more mortgage!!! I have a bottle of sparkly in the fridge from Christmas, might have to check if it's chilled enough!! hick
love and hugs to all my CF

Carol
xx

marial

Little Nell, if you are red and sore and need antibiotics, it means you need to rest, no biking or rushing about, take time to look after yourself. Thanks for all the ideas of meals, luckily they eat fish. And what they don't know will not harm them, so never mind any splashes etc
Isabelle, enjoy your week off and don't do too much
Heather, being a mother or grandmother is for ife: worry worry worry. I've got no nipples now, so were wuld you put a nipple clamp in me. What are they for anyway ? Who gets the fun ?
Jackie, sleep well, i hope you are not doing too much.
Hope you like my new hair style.....I actually used the hair dryer for the first time since May.
Hugs
Maria

dee49

Afternoon Ladies

Maria, my step-daughter is a vegi so I use Quorn when she comes over – it’s great in lasagne, chilli etc. You can get ‘mince’ ‘chicken pieces’ or ‘chicken breast’. The Linda McCartney sausages are good too for breakfast! Other than that I substitute meat with veg - courgettes, mushrooms and aubergines are good ‘bulk’ substitutes too, and cheese is another brilliant one. Not sure how long they’re staying for but that usually gets us by for the few days she’s here. Of course lots of salad and fruit go down well too, as well as rhubarb crumble and apple pie - just don't put any lard in the pastry! Remember not to use the same chopping boards, knives etc if you’re doing meat as well and be careful when using the oven to cook if cooking meat for the same meal as they tend to worry about meat splashes within the oven. If you have two ovens or a double oven then I would use one for each – other than that I’d eat vegi too! You’ll need to check for hidden ingredients such as gelatin and other meat by-products too (we use vegi oxo for stock).
Well that’s how we get by for the few days she’s here and hope it helps!
We went in the car to Blackpool as son was with us. Another "tough love" mum here – wouldn’t let him stay over at grandparents this weekend as ‘punishment’. He’d been very cheeky and had attitude with my mum (and me) so that was it "you stay with us this weekend" My mum and dad agreed and we all thought it was needed to get the message across; we shall see eh!
'Yes' I know we took him to Blackpool but he was more bothered about not going for his sleepover than the trip out with us.

Sandra good job we don’t do football in our house! Otherwise think I’d be on the pitch too! Can’t help it with your kids can you! – well seems like we can’t lol….

Isabelle, Enjoy your week off work – you deserve it! Goodness knows what I’ll feel like when I go back after all this time off!

Carol agree with Sandra on the tit….

Heather, Yes I saw your post on FB; such a worry kids aren’t they – never stops! My friend’s son (18) crashed his car, only had it a few months (he was ok), but she’s so relieved now that he’s not driving! My OH loves his meat too; last time his daughter came over I made vegi lasagne and he didn’t know it wasn’t mince – was quite shocked when I told him and then he got all defensive! Anyway been using it in lasagne for the last year or so and he only found out at Christmas when I asked him to buy some ‘Quorn’ “What’s that for?” he said, so I told him, and his response? “Hmm, thought there was something a bit different about it but didn’t like to say” – as if!!!
Don’t use the clamps on your falsie or it will burst!!! Other than that, no further comment lol….

Jackie It must be tiring working and trying to catch up here! We have all day to do it lol, You just read love and post when you can, look after yourself and don’t overdo it! Glad your latest gs is doing well.

Suze, must be looking forward to that cruise! who did you use for insurance?

My ‘seroma’ is now red and sore, especially in my ‘cleavage’ area and it hurts wearing a bra, even my new one so just sticking with my old rules and not wearing one in the house. Waiting for the chemist to deliver anti-b’s now.
OK in myself just getting fed up with the limited movement in my arm. The exercises and massaging seem to be working but all too slowly for my liking; want to get up out and on that bike – Spring is on it’s way!!!!
And on that note ladies I’ll sign off,
Love & Hugs to all,
Nell

sandra4

Carol, of all the birds in the world, you chose a Tit! albeit Blue!
Very funny
Sandra xxx

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
I hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Suzi, it sounds like you had a good time in Ambleside, loverly place is'nt it? We often go over that way in the summer, it's loverly to be able to go there and still get back home for supper! Since moving over here 18 years ago I still think I'm very luck to live somewhere so loverly. Your cruise is very similar to the one we went on in September last year, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Vickie, have you decided on the new hair colour yet! I think it will be good to try something so different. I once had my hair done at a posh salon near Manchester with a friend, it cost an arm and a leg but it turned heads when they saw how redish purple I had gone, it was fun to see the reaction, go on give people a shock and just go for it!!! I still dye my hair, if I did'nt I'd be almost white, I've been dying it since I was quite young 30ish, I think i'll keep on dying it as I'm not ready for white just yet...
Kanga and Denise, I've had a good laugh at the hammocks and the durex, girls, is there no end to your story telling talents???
I'm having a week off work this week, still trying to use up my holidays, I've got the gc all week,so i'll be going back to work for a rest, trying to think of things for them to do....
Sandra, I can just imagine you sorting out the other players at the footie match, what a great Mum!!!
I hope everyone is ok tonight

Lots of love and big hugs to all my cyber friends,

Isabelle xxx

heatheruk

Good evening ladies, Hope you've all had a good weekend. Those of you on face book have probably seen my eldest grandson has past his driving test. I was so pleased for him, but scared at the same to because the roads are so busy. He has got a car but there having problems with insurance, well not problems its the cost. He is driving his mums car at the minute because he is insured for that.The thing is the cheapest insurance they have been able to find was just over £4000, so he is a bit disappointend he cant drive his own car. He came over to see us yesterday, he brought his brother and his girlfriend, it was lovely to see them, another mile stone in his life. I had a few tears when he had gone, happy tears Sandra lol he did really well though, on his why home he had to go down some country lanes and a stone flipped up and chipped the window screen. He was ok though and didn't panic, I though what a thing to happen on his first day driving on his own, but at least he coped with it.
Sandra, had a giggle at your football story, my daughter was like that when she went to see her boys play, her hubby stopped her going. Hubbys aunty had a lot to do with Banbury united football club when she was younger. She use to wash the teams strip,went to all the matches home and away, but she use to get all angry if the other team played dirty. She was like you one day she ran on the pitch shouting about the other teams dirty tactics and she got banned lol She was banned for going to any of their matches home or away for the rest of the season.
Maria, hope you have a good time with your visitors. Hubby did quite a few veggie dishes before christmas, he wanted to go veggie but he struggled. It wasn't the veggie food he didn't liked he just missed his meat on a Sunday. Infact we still have some of the veggi food, he does a really nice vegatable curry, and a lovely Jamie Oliver Mac and cheese, I have never really liked macarroni cheese but this one is lovely. He got the recipes off the Pc, he wasn't keen on the meat substitutes.
Vickie, I waited about 6 months before I coloured my hair first time, I did it blonde with a bleach colour, (well hubby did) lol It was fine, I have coloured it quite a few times since, I have never had no problems.
Suze, glad you enjoyed your clean weekend lol I know how you feel about the nail spliting, I am over 12 months past Chemo, and a couple of months past herceptin, but nails are still bad. It is weird, they dont just spilt they have little bits chip out of then like a chipped cup. I dont know what to do with them for the wedding. I should take your time about going back to work, dont go back to soon. I still get really tired but I think is all the broken sleep I get.Good luck tomorrow with your appointment.
Carol, love the picture of the bird, I love birds. Hope you got your homework done. I have got an assignment due this week, my poetry aghhhhhhh. That is what I am suppose to be doing now, but I thought not had a chat with my friends all weekend thats more important.
Anne, well done on the weight loss your doing really well, I am going to try to sort my diet out again this week.
Kris, you didn't buy the Durex then lol well your all going to laugh at this. The other day Me and hubby where searching everywhere for some silver cuff links that where my grandads for my hubby to wear for the wedding. Well we where going through draws boxes etc. Well on top of the wadrobe there is one of those sealed container things, I didn't know what was in it never been in it for ages. It is full of those things that aren't no good that you cant throw away. Well hubby got it down and in there was this pink and black box, well I was crying with laughing when I saw what was in it. A few years ago I went to and Ann Summers party, and they had this raffle thing and here I was looking at my prize. It was a set of nipple clamps lol lol needless to say I never used them they looked to barbaric, it is like 2 clampps connected with a chain, now what will I do with a pair of nipple clamps, dont think it would have the same effect, one clamped to a booby and the other to a prothesis lol
Jackie, great to see your post, missed you this last few day, bet your busy at work now though. I understand were your coming from with the purple streaks. With being an hairdressed I have a lot of different colours but then go back to blonde. I did go bright red a few years ago, that was the only colour I had never been, infact it was bright red when me and hubby got married. I was really thinking of going dark and having purple streaks. Do any of you watch Holby, I am sure there is a chinese nurse in that and the ends of her hair are purple I think it looks lovely. Going to ring up about my scan this week. Hubby had is suit from M&S, he has had a pink shirt and a pink and blue tie, because the button holes are pink, they look really nice. Glad your new grandson is coming on fine, the others sound like there having a good time.
Dee, you sound a lot brighter today, I am glad. Oh fish and chips at Blackpool, yummy nothing like fish and chips at the seaside, glad your getting spoilt.
Well Isablelle,Karen,Lesley,Saffron,Jill,Gill, and anyone I ahve forgot, hope your all ok, and hope everyone has a good week.
Take Care,
Love Heather,
Heather
xxxxxxxxxxxx

libby_2010

Hi lovely ladies desperately trying to catch up, story of my life at the moment. I have managed mostly to read the thread but cannot remember all your toings and froings still the story of my life lol. Your news keeps me going at times and Kris lol knickers on back to front and then perusing the Durex. Are you trying to single handedly give Brits in Spain a bad name? Did you know that the age label is usually in the back of the knickers? Just a clue. My friend actually got to the garden centre ( all sorts of things happen at GC) and thought there was a strange sensation down her leg and lo her knickers fell down one leg. These were from the previous day and she had some on from that day and had to surreptiously grab them and stuff them in her pocket. Is this the time of year you have to see a psychiatrist in order to get a certificate of sanity to have Jack? Just wondering if your last cert was running out? I am still trying to find a Pilates class but think I need to give yours a miss don’t think my pelvic floor would survive. Oh just read this through and hope that it does not sound too defamatory? And I am older than you see later about what I would like to do to my hair. Whoever told you not to grow old disgracefully lied but I think you know that already so go for it with a funky hair colour.
Carol love the new pic whose hand is the little bird on or is it from a googled pic?
Heather hope all is is going as well as poss with you any news on the scans yet sweetie? Has OH got his wedding suit sorted? When will we see you in print? I am trying to read Room for my book club and so far the prose is so chronic( yes I know it starts with the little boy but I am still finding it turgid)so I am sure your tales would be far better written and more interesting.
Dee you sounded a bit more cheerful in your recent posts. I think you and Pam/Petal both had appts with PS and hope you both got some answers.Dee sounds like a fab trip to the coast a bit windy though.
Sandra sounds like another busy w-e for you. Have picked up a few tips for keeping g-s amused when I next go up to see them. Hope you are OK They were taken to see the Manchester City v Crawley football match last evening by my son apparently they arrived back at 11pm both boys having fallen asleep on him on the train. I managed to speak to my dil whilst they were all away at the match and all is going well with her and the baby Angus he has continued to sleep 4-6 hrs during the night but day times are one long feed. The eldest g-s says he smiles and ‘talks’ to him all the time.
Suze think twice about going back after ½ term even if you feel OK bumbling around at home it is a very different matter when you are back at work.The cruise sounds fab any room for a stowaway?
Maria did not see too much of your news on the thread so hope all is well.
Isabelle hope all is well with you too v. Busy with work and g-s. Saw what you wrote about the impact of foot and mouth on your farm. Saw all that on the news but wept when reading about how it had affected someone I knew. How hard to build up from there and the devastation of it all.
Anne well done on the weight loss hope all goes well on Tues are you going for the 1 st.then?
Gill have a good trip to Germany.
Jill hope you are OK too.
Pam sorry to have missed you at the meet up.
Saffie have not seen you posting? Did I miss that? Hope you are OK.
Not sure who mentioned my being on Herceptin? But can’t hold my hand up to that. Our lovely Heather has finished hers and Carol is ongoing not sure if we have anyone else?
Karen hope you and Mary are well. Crikey Neil can’t half knock it back. You are well rid sorry sounds like he was another frog.
Vickie saw your other posts. Hope you can find a way to continue with the running. I have always fancied having pinky mauve hair or at least streaks. My daughter thinks I need to lie down in a darkened room lol.Would love to know how you get on.
Feeling really tired so will have to say night night. Love to all mentioned or not and holding hands tightly with my CF Jackie xx

marial

I've been using henna colour cream (Copper) Semi permanent, washes out after 4 to 5 washes, no ammonia, no oyxidents, no lightners, it says on the box. http://www.njd-cosmetics.com. I get it in Switzerland and it's made in France. My hair is lovely with it.
I will do a photo soon, promise.
I love the bird photo, Carol, is it for real ?
Did you go on the bike to Blackpool, Nell ?
Kanga, just what are you like .............? You are not too old to dye your hair, I do mine and I am not much younger than you.
Sandra, goodness you were a fierce Mum, defending your boys like that, any lad would be proud to have you.
Anne, you are doing so well, with that weight loss
Suze, I am glad you had a good time in the lake district.
I am getting plenty of sleep, and looking after myself, but still get sooooooo tired. I am realy fed up about it, but otherwise I am OK. I've got visitors for a week arriving next Thursday to ski, so I hope I can cope with them. My husbands son and wife and their kids aged 8 and 6. Only problem is they don't eat meat, so what do I cook for them ?
Take care all of you
Love Maria xx

dee49

Evening Ladies

Brrrrrrr, just got back from Blackpool - OH took us for fish & chips, gosh it was bl**dy cold!!! Getting spoilt too, he took me for a carvery lunch yesterday and cooked dinner last night, accompanied by a nice glass or two of red……

If Sandra would have lived nearer we’d have gone to hers for lunch today instead, sounded yummy that menu.
Sandra need your gc to come and plan my menus for a week then all I have to do is get the stuff delivered from Tesco – Easy peasy ehh!

Carol, been looking in our pond too but no frogs yet either!

Kanga, What an ‘educational’ trip you had to the pharmacia! And interesting too, must take a look next time I go in ours lol.

Can’t comment on the hair dyes ladies, still watching mine grow!
I’m eight weeks post chemo and it’s just starting to sprout.
Not heard anything about rads yet, but got my falsie fitting date for 8th March. Got fitted yesterday for a bra; new shop opened up locally run by two ladies who have both been through all this cr@p, they were really nice and we had a giggle too!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies,
Thinking of you all and hoping you are as well as can be,

Love & Hugs,
Nell xxx

danjo

i, Vickie, I went into H & B in Stockport on Sat. asked about their semi-permanent. we read the box and it has peroxide in it. I already bought a Superdrug semi which also has peroxide.I have been told that the permenant ones open up the hair folicle but the semis don't. still don't know if it's ok tho.

Carol
no whacky colours either. I'm looking for shine rather than colour.

jackwagstaff

Well OH got off this morning for his week with gs . I just hope I´ve given him enough hints and tips on what to do with him , still I´m sure said gs will be able to sort his granddad out quite easily . Of course it will be awkward as both the cars are in use in the day , and grandad is not used to buses .
Now I had said to myself that this afternoon I would start to tidy the garage , but then I looked in there and decided against it , I think it needs to be an early start job so that I have the day ahead to give it a good sorting.
That "bladder in a hammock " sounds like some weird dish you might get in a restaurant !Bit like "pìgs in blankets .!" Actually , now that you have explained what it is Nell , it´s actually what a friend of mine had done 18 months ago , unfortunately it was unsuccessful for her and she had to have it all done again last autumn , but it may have failed becasue of her age , she was over 60 whereas you must have been very young at the time .
That leads me into the Durex saga .
Now what , I hear you ask , is a woman nearly 60 fretting about durex for ?
Well , it´s obviously a long long time since I last used durex , in fact I know exactly when , but won´t bore you with details . Suffice it is to say that when I did last use them they were very boring , bog standard things . None of this colours or ribbed etc , no , in those dark days the only thing you wanted from them was that they would work and that they were´nt "pre - holed !".
The other week , just before Valentines´Day , I was in the pharmacia collecting my shipping order . ( amazing ....two years ago , all I had was HRT ....now I collect it all in a carrier bag !) So as the assistant went off to collect all my gubbins I started to look around . I get bored terribly quickly , usually have a magazine or a book on me , but that day , I had nothing . So my eyes are perusing the shelves . On the top shelf were various bottles of a rather suggestive shape in lurid colours all with DUREX written on them in large letters , while on the lower shelf were smaller bottles in a less suggestive shape but equally lurid colours these were DUREX PLAY .Well I had to find out what they were all about , did´nt have my glasses with me and it was too far away for me to see properly , so I moved right up to them , they were slightly behind the assistants desk , but she was gone off. The smaller bottles were all in different flavours , strawberry , mint , basic (?) plus a brightly colourered very vivid yellow pina colada . By this time my mind was most definately boggling and I was giggling to myself ( I think I am a mad sad old woman after all ª!) Thinks I , "I´m going to buy the pina colada one , wrap it up and give it to OH on Valentines Day just to see the face on him whan he opens it , he´ll absolutely **** himself , it´ll frighten him to death if he thinks I´m aiming for a night of passion ! Then I saw the price tag 8.95 . Thats a high price for a joke , so I shelved the idea and got a duck breast instead ! Mind you I did have soime funny looks from some of the other waiting customers , perhaps they thought that i thought it was for drinking , either that or that i was a very lucky lady !!
Tell me when you´re going to dock at Gib Suzi, I might come and embarras you ! Your posh hotel sounds great , was the weather good up there , thats near where Isabelle lives is´nt it ?
We hope to hear about OH ´s scan in the next couple of weeks.I just hope it´s nothing too drastic , a pacemaker would´nt be too bad . cos i don´t think thats too big an op, we´ll just have to wait and see .
Well done all on the spanish !Are you going to evening classes carol ? Would´nt help you much here as the locals speak a kind of bastardised spanish , very much a local dialect , andaluce , sooo hard to understand , it´s fairely gutteral and chops the ends of the words off and they tend to use the present tense more than you would expect , which is absolutely fine by me as I can manage no other !
The seroma sounds awful Nell , hope it sorts itself out soon .
Well done on the weight loss Anne , I have´nt even started yet ....will i ever , I ask myself ? The answer is I must . So weak willed .
I do a lot of what i would call pelvic floor excersises in Pilates , but honestly Sandra , they don´t seem to work . Immediately i get a hot flush I need the loo , its as if my thermostat is also connected to my bladder , how or why , no lo say ! Like your GC idea of a decent meal , that would suit me as well , like Vickie , I´m coming around !
I don´t consider you´ve been a good mother of sons until and unless you´ve embarrassed them ! I find it´s better now I´m older , there are so many ways you can do it ......payback time !
Girls , you are all on about hair dyes . I have a very good friend who has painfully thin hair , and she dyes hers using some very soft non toxic , or amoniac stuff . I will see her tuesday and ask what it is she uses . I wish i was youngre , I would have loved to have dyed mine some of those wild reds and marroons that are around . Unfortunately at my advanced age I´d look a bit strange .
Hope everyone has a good week , who´s up for treatment ?
luvKanga X

tors

Carol, i've just started a thread on hair dyes as i have been pondering it too. I am grateful for my hair but a bit bored and irritated by its nothingness so am investigating options!

Hi to all my lovely adventuring friends. Sandra, i'm coming to yours for thick gravy.....

The boys are on half term now, off for a run in the morning but then taking them to see tangled at the pictures.

Love to all

v

danjo

oing to take the frogs off as they have gone very quiet, I think they had a false start, think it's winter again! too cold for romance.
will try to get a pic of the hair. I tried to do what my hairdresser did after my shower this morning but nor enought there to get a very small brush round. can't find a hair colour that does'nt have peroxide in it. Body Shop don't do hair colourings any more. even Holland & Barratt's has peroxide in it.

Love Carol

sandra4

Hi Ladies,

Gc watching total wipeout! They are staying over tonight, Son and dil have gone for a run, then going out for a meal, and a run again In the morning before collecting gc at lunchtime!

They are coming with me and OH to watch other son play football in the morning, feel quite honoured at being asked.
As many years ago l got banned from watching him! By him and his dad! Oh yes and the ref!! seems l had given one of the players on the other team a very stern talking to about how l was going to smack him in the face if he kicked my son again!! Embarrassed son or what!! He he!! His mates said l was a Mum to be proud of!!!!
Not that my son needs looking after, he is a bit too like me!! Unlike his Dad who would let someone kick him and not say a word while playing football, so my violence on the football field probably started when some friends and l use to go and watch our OH's play football, we knew of the other team, dirty players!!
And this one guy kept kicking our team, so enough was enough and l marched on umbrella in hand and whack, straight across the head!! Broke my lovely umbrella!! Poor bloke was speechless.
He told my OH to get me in ‘control’ my OH said ‘he had been trying for years’ and not succeeded.
Seems my son and OH think l have calmed down with age!! And l should behave myself, think my dily is hoping for a reconstruction, said she would have loved to have seen it!!

Anyway boys wrote their own menu’s for dinner.

Starter:- 1 sweet Lolly, drink:- apple juice

Main course:- Rack of Lamb, Roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots, peas, Yorkshire pudding, with 'very' thick gravy.

Dessert:- Cadburys flake dessert, followed by some of granddads gums!
Oh yes, and please can we have a midnight feast grandma? So l will be putting the clocks forward quite a few hours soon!!

You tena ladies! think perhaps pelvic floor excercises are called for!

Heather shock horror that you don't know that flanders and swann song! there was quite a to do about it at the time, as it was so rude!!

I have a phone number of a lady that does hair for ladies who have had chemo, she is a hairdresser and she does hair for free until it grows back to normal!! seems it is her way of paying back into society, as she went through bc many years ago. although l am not ready for a haircut think l will ask what she suggests to put on it to give it a 'treatment'

Kanga, Sound of Music and Mary poppins, two of my favourite!
Oh agree with you, can't leave poor jack in the box, all day, never leave mine for more than 3 hours, if l cant get back l get a neighbour to pop in!! always leave the radio, they usually like radio london!!

Nell, Seroma, oh yes, l use to say to the bcn leave it there looks like l have a boob!! seem to go on for weeks!! hope yours is sorted out! the mind boggles at your bladder being suspended by a hammock! no wonder you don't run!!
flowers are lovely!

Carol, what about a photo of the hair, how is it coming on?

Suze, my nails are doing exactly what yours are doing! trying to file them is useless, just split!! using all sorts of OPI and other makes of nail repair!

Anne, 12.5 wow how good is that, you must feel very proud of yourself! well done you! yes weight loss, must eat those scones before l start!!

Maria, nice relaxing weekend off for you!

Think youngest needs a face wash after his dessert!!

Have a lovely evening and a lovely Sunday ladies

Hugs
Sandra xxx

dee49

Jealous, Jealous, Jealous..... of all you ladies having haircuts! Just phoned my mum is to see how she is and she's having her hair done at home, bahh humbug from me!

Well done Anne, keep it up!

Awe Suze, never ends does it! Hope your 'orange peel' gets sorted sooner rather than later, always something isn't there as if you've not had enough to deal with! and as for the nails.... grwwww

Well I got some lovely flowers yesterday from my office at work - hope you can see them

Have a lovely weekend ladies, just off to moan at teenager to get in shower..... ho hum the joys of motherhood!

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

danjo

well done, Anne for the weight loss.
Estoy bien, gracias Suze. I did post this morning but didn't copy & paste. yes, I did manage my homework. we played lotto today and I won a prize!! glad you enjoyed you "clean" weekend. I had my hair cut today and spiked!! we could meet up for coffee if it would relieve the boredom a bit. I could bore you even more with my Spanish homework!

Love Carol xx

taxi73

morning everyone..just thought I'd let you know I lost 2lbs this week making that 12.5 lbs now so getting there.

well done to everyone else losing weight too.

hope everyone ok..sorry quick post as have to nip out now.

hugs to all of you xxxx

salsasuzi

Hi Ladies,
Well I am back from the 'clean' trip away, and very nice it was too. The hotel was lovely, had some nice drives round the Lakes and a sail on Windermere, a walk to Ambleside so yes, all in all very nice indeed. 2 lovely evening meals at the hotel and 2 yummy breakfasts....Now I wonder why I have not lost any weight this week???? And I thought it was my WW online that was malfunctioning haha.

Heather, the hair looks lovely, really lovely, can't wait till mine is long enough to get some kind of style on it. Bought some mousse today to see if that makes a difference, I bet the woman at the till thought who's she kidding???? Still undecided whether to use the colour or to stay with the grey and see how it develops, oh decisions decisions.

Kanga, loved the tale, made me smile...not that it was funny of course lol. In the summer we cruise to Seville, Alghero, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Cannes, Barcelona, Gibraltar and back to Southampton!!! Where shall we meet up lol?

Carol ..como estas? (how are you?) how are the Spanish lessons going? Hope you caught up with the homework.

Dee, hope you are ok and 'things' are getting better each day. Sorry to hear that you have a seroma, I didn't have that but I have heard thet it's quite a relief if/when they drain it but it may mean an end for the boobette!! I have got some cellulitis from the rads which is what is causing the lumps and discomfort in my boobs, the skin looks like orange peel....great eh!! I get to see the consultant tomorrow so we shall see if he has anything to say/do about it....another day at the hospital:-(

Was considering a phased return to work for after the half term hols next week but in the current boobical status I think I will chat to Mediscreen next week from the angle of..I may stay off a bit longer till this thing settles, still very tired yet too...dunno why as I am certainly not overdoing it...barely doing much at all...get plenty of sleep albeit broken with the flushes....just tired tired tired 😞 Sometimes I think it's just plain boredom due to being here on my own most of the time, not feeling very motivated...got loads to do just can't be bothered with it all. That's not like me!

Maria, hope you are getting enough sleep. Have a lovely day at work xx

My nails are trying to split vertically, each time I file the another chip appears where the ridge is and then it threatens to split all the way down grrrrrr. T oe nails look dodgy but so far all intact yet.

Sandra, Karen, Anne, Vickie 37 big hugs for you and anyone I have not mentioned personally
bye for now hugs to all xxxx

danjo

Hair looks lovely, Heather. I called in to see my hairdresser today to ask if she could get rid of the hair growing on the back of my neck (don't trust OH to do it with his beard trimmer, I'd finish uo bald again!)she is going to do it tomorrow, but she suggested I use a wash in dye to give it some shine and make it look longer so I will try my health food stall otherwise Holland & Barrat. a friend suggested using a serum to rub through it so might try Boots for that. that was a very posh pie!
Kanga-Jack-in-a-box, that was a long day. I never liked leaving my dog for long, still feel guilty for leaving him when he was a pup and we were both working full time, never new what to expect when we got home. the contents of the kitchen bin was always all over the house, once found half a doz eggs moved from on top of the fridge and dumped upstairs on the landing. another time the lounge cutains pulled down on the floor with the track and peed on. he turned into a lovely dog especially with the children after such a bad start on our part. never had another dog-good thing you're probably saying. quite right. he did have a nice life when we lived in Cornwall.
Nell, I ordered my swimming booby on line from Ameona, same size as my normal one, you won't know your size until you're measured up for your breastform. it was £35 but I have heard of people using their "softie". my cossie was on-line from Nicola Jane in the sale, reduced from £98 to £48
Sorry to hear you have a seroma, I think it's quite common. the cording will go, mine did.
well, like Heather, I have homework to do, mine is Spanish.
love Carol
xx

dee49

Hi Ladies,
Heather your hair looks lovely! You must put some more pics on FB... I like to buy the offers too; feels like you've really achieved something doesn't it?

Oh Kanga you do make me smile 🙂 Yes you're right about the colposuspension, they lift your bladder and attach it behind your womb so it's suspended like a hammock! that's kind of it really without going into too much detail; it's a big fairly big op but to me it was worth it as I couldn't hold anything in and if I tripped or fell (which is nearly every day for me lol) I wet myself, not easy when you have a toddler to chase around after! (it was ten years ago now that I had it).
Hope OH scan results are good for you, how long do you have to wait?
… and I look forward to your next tale....

Carol You'll have to let us know which swimming boobie you got as I'll need to get one for my hols (not booked anywhere yet)and need to get some swimming cossies too - I tried ordering some on line from Amoena from the sale but all sold out! reluctant to pay £80 for one though so if you find some decent priced ones please let us know...

My bcn has been to see me, I have a 'seroma' lots of fluid and looks like I'm growing another boob! My oh has nicknamed it my 'boobette' and it's quite tender too; still have the cording and still doing the exercises....

Hope everyone else is ok?

Love and Hugs Nell xx

jackwagstaff

Hi Folks ! Thanks Sandra for all the words . Once I had read it , it all came back to me , even the tune . Vrey suprised heather that you did´nt know it .yes , Maria , those words would be far too tame now for today´s kids ,especially 8 year olds ! I think The Sound Of Music is a fabulous film , but the goatherds here live in ramshakle old fincas and they take their goats to graze anywhere and everytwhere . Until we got our garden fenced off they used to regularly come into it. They can´t now , but they go into the almond grove just beyond our garden , we hear the bells tinkling first and then we hear them and see them , prefer goats to sheep although I adore the lambs , well and the kids , so cute !

Had a long and very boring day at the hospital in Malaga with OH . Back down in the basement , where the nuclear medicine is and .........the radiotherapy department . He was going in for a scan on his heart , the old inject radioactive stuff in , then go away and have something to eat and drink , come back have a test , then go away for another hour before the scan . Well of course i have had all that , so knew exactly what was going on , but OH thought it would be in and out , "just like that ". I read out the bits that said , "your appointment may last 4 hours " which is why i insisted on taking the kangaroo with Jack in his box in the back.So I was up at 6.30 ( new alarm went off ! ) showered and put my make up on , then out by 7.15 to take Jack to the lake , for a quick sniff , rush aropund and a how´s your father. Then back , breakfast for Jack and i then get changed into something decent instead of my dog walking clothes which are so disreputable that no vagrant would be seen dead in them .
Off to malaga to be there by 9.15.
We arrived back home at 3.35 . Told him it would take all day . The reason I take Jack is that I cannnot leave him at home for that lengh of time , but if he comes in his box , he´s quite happy to stay in it , and then I leave OH and go and take him out for a walk , and give him his lunch , he´s then happy enough to go back into his box . He´s not a noisy or barky dog so we are then all happy .
I always thought it was mad , sad old ladies who treated their dogs like babies , spinsters who had never had anything else to love. But of course I´m so wrong .
Yes I did get my first dog after I was living in France , not working and no kids . But at that stage my eldest was 27 and the younger 24 , both had left home years before , so I certainly know that it wa´nt an "empty nest syndrome " Never thought I´d be so contented to have and look after a dog , but I am . Throughout this horrible Bc journey last year , he was more my sanity and salvation than anything . He always needed feeding , always needed walking , and it kept me sane , cos i could tell him anything , cry , scream , swear , and do you know ? ....... He never told a soul ! Just loved me , and then reminded me that there were far more important things in life , such as a nice bowl of food .
It´s nice to know some of you have had "Tena moments too ". Heather love your new pic , very glam , great new look for the wedding and anniversary . What is a " coloposuspension " ? It sounds like either something is going to be suspended or it´s getting a pension ?.
So sorry nell that you are unhappy with how you look after mx , it´s early days yet , and hopefully it won´t be long before you can have your recon . I was lucky , to have got away with a lumpectomy , although of course on dx I did´nt think i was lucky at all . But when you get this pig of a disease , you do begin to appreciate things that before you would have thought were horrendous . I thought a lumpectomy and rads was wonderful , cos they had "caught " the BC before it had a chance to kill me . Twelve months earlier if someone had said that i would have to have radiotherapy for 25 days and become soooo sore at the end that i diod´nt know where to put my boob I would have thought that was the worst thing in the world .
I know better now . The fact that I am on this thread , and not the secondaries means i am a very lucky lady .
Gosh thats a bit serious for me is´nt it ? Better go now . Next time I´ll tell you the tale of " Valentines Day and the Fright of the Durex !"
luvKanga

heatheruk

Hi everyone,managed to put a photo of new hair cut on, I look sleepy though lol my hair flicks out a bit more than it looks in the photo. Well yesterday I was going to tell you something and I forgot after telling you about my bladder probs. Well what it was is that I have been doing my shopping on line a lot since before christmas, because I cant walk round the supermarket any more so I have to go in my wheel chair and I hate it. Hubby is really patience with me, but I cant see anything etc.I have done my online shopping at Saisburys, there web site is easy to use, and I can find things easy. Anyway I dont know how we managed to get a voucher from Waitrose for £15 off if you spent £75. So I said to hubby I will have a go, and on Sunday I did. It is much more complicated web site than Saisburys, and it took me that long to find the things I wanted I was timed out twice and lost my delivery slot lol
Well I was coming to the end of my shop and I thought oh we will have something different we cant get from anywhere else.I dont normally buy meat pie's, hubby makes quite a nice one, but there was an Heston Blumenthal Chicken Ham and Leek pie. I only understand pounds and pounces, and this was in grams. Well it was £4, so I thought should be a nice pie for us 2. Anyway the shopping came last night, hubby was putting it away, I was looking in the bags, and I thought whats this? I took this box out of the bag and it was the famous pie, and it was just an individual pie like you would buy from the chip shop, I couldn't beleive it !!! It was only in a tin foil tray, looks just like a pukka pie. Well I dont know whether to frame it or eat it lol I said I am going to take a picture of it lol I will let you know when we eat it what a £4 pukka pie tastes like lol
Any of you ladies that have hair growing and its a bit frizzy on the ends or curly etc in Boots at the minute they have Lee Stafford hair products 2 for £8, some of the different products are £9 or £10, I bought 2 today would of cost me £21, they where £8, and I paid for them with my advantage card. There is hair growth product thats is suppose to help hair grow, there are some lovey shampoos and conditioners. You have to look at the prices because somethings are only £5 or £6, so I looked for ones that I wouldn't want to pay the full price for.
Right I am going to do my homework now because my assignment is due next Thursday so I need to get on top of it. I will look in later to see how everyone is.
Take Care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxx

dee49

Thanks Maria, hope you sleep/slept well xxx

marial

I've got to go to bed, but need just to say to our little Nell, that Sandra wrote a wonderful eulogy to her boob, it's on this thread somewhere and has a thread of it's own. It will make you weep buckets, but you will feel so much better after.
Kanga, I wet myself laughing at your escapades, I thought goat herds lived in the mountains.
Sandra, such a rude song............. I wonder what the words would be now-a-days.
Got to go, got to go, I have promised myself 8 hours or more in bed every night and i am up off to work tomorrow.
Hugs to all, take care of yourselves
Maria

heatheruk

Hi everyone sorry had to rush off daughter came.
Sandra, I agree with everything you said, nothing looks right. One either looks bigger, or lop sided, or you can see the prothesis.I must admit I was worse with the hair loss, but thats grown back now, my breast wont.Hope your cold is getting better, I keep having a sore throat, then I am coughing, hubby said yesterday you sound full of cold, but then it went again.
Dee, I do understand how your feeling, it isn't very nice is it.What is 3 towers ? I will try to have a look.
Karen, sorry it didn't work out with Neil, but there are plenty more nice men out there for a lovely lady like you. Sounds like your going to have a good half term, glad Marys results where ok.
Maria, hope your cold is getting better now.
Carol, I am like you, I can find the big words but not the little, rat,rod, sky etc. Sorry your weren't feeling to good after your herceptin. I was ok some times, then others I felt like I had an instant cold, and so tired.
Vickie, have you got over your birthday celebrations yet? hope so.
Anne, hope you've lost a couple more pounds this week, I really need to try to loose some.
Suze, hope you enjoyed your clean few nights away in a posh hotel.
Jackie, not seen you about for a few days, your probably busy with work.
Sandra, I dont know that Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers, its a new one one me, sounds good though lol
Well I hope everyone is ok, sorry about having to do 2 posts,and I am going to do a Nell now because my Bra is sticking in me lol
Take Care,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxxxx

danjo

Oh dear, so sorry some of us are having problems. I went to see my surgeon today but, after waiting nearly 2 hours, didn't even see him, saw a lady doc instead who prodded and poked also did a good exam of my remaining boob and told me I would be having a mammo in April and I would be sent for every 6 months unless I was worried about anything in between. I must admit, I don't feel too bad about my flat left chest, but will be happier when I can find a comfy bra that looks ok. I am still wearing my Asda ones but I am waiting to hear from a local lingerie shop who don't stock many mx bras but they are going to get some for me to try and do a proper fitting. then I can order some from Nicola jane where I got my swimming costume from. I now have a swimming breast form and it looks ok in the cossie, I just have to try it in the water now.
kanga, how do the Tenas work with the thong? or is that why you wear Bridget Jones keks? I've had Tena moments too when I havn't been wearing one, like Oh I'll just wait till I get home to use the loo-big mistake!
Nell, think Jackie is HER+ like me. have felt really tired after my last Herceptin and heart thudding so hard it hurts if I walk up hill, managed the gym on Monday but took it easy.
Anne hope you've lost a bit more tonight.
Have decided I'm useless at WS can find the big words but not the little ones.
Karen your half term break sounds good. enjoy.

love and hugs to my VF

Carol

xx

heatheruk

Hi everyone, well I managed to get my hair done, after 3 cancellations!! first doctor then bone scan and then nurse. I will try get pic took tomorrow if it still looks ok, its short and flicky out.Right I am going to tell you what happened the other week after kangas accident, and that is why the district nurse came out to see me. I am having probs with my water works, sometimes I am dying to go but I sit on the loo for ages, sometimes 30minutes, its have if my brain isn't telling the bladder what to do, and I really have to concentrate.If I am stressed I cant go at all. But also what is happening, and this is one of the sleep problems my bladder leaks, I dont mean like kanga and your dying to go and cant hold it, it just runs out.So the district nurse came out, and she has sent me these pads. Dont talk Tenna lady, talk hammock, and I hate it. That is one reason I have had to have the bone scan to see if there is anything on my spine pressing onto my bladder, and one of the effects of bone secondaries on the spine cause you not to be able to go to the loo sometimes, fingers crossed its not that its just the bottom disc got worse. Anyway when I have had the results of the bone scan and its ok, I have got to see urologist.
Sorry just got to nip off for a bit, be back later
Love Heather xxxxxx

dee49

Oh Gosh Sandra; thank you - I was beginning to think I wasn't 'normal'
and you've summed it up quite well too. Guess I'm feeling 'normal' then! Thank you xx

Agree on the WS too; my bf got me onto three towers! don't think you can cheat on that - not that I have cos I've been getting rubbish scores too, even minus!

Oh and Kanga, used to have wee problems myself, should have bought shares in tena lady lol.... children have a lot to answer for!!! Anyway I had a 'Colposuspension' done and no more wee problems - albeit I am a bit 'slower' than most!

sandra4

Hi Ladies,
Nell, couldn't agree with you more, l absolutely hate my 'star bone' hate everything about it, hate the look, hate the bra's l have to wear, hate the feel of my scar, hate having to keep making sure my 'breasts' are level, hate having to make sure when l bend down l am not showing my 'new' boob, hate having a hard time finding clothes that are suitable, hate not being able to wear my own choice swimming costume, hate looking at myself, hate the word hate!

If l was sure my bc wasn't going to come back l would have a reconstruction tomorrow. but l worry about going all through that then it spreads! but can l live my life like that? a question l keep asking myself, and in time if l stay cancer free l will ask the bcn, must say she did mention it to me just after l had the mx done, because she knows me very well!! think l have probably made my views clear more than once!! Lol

WS is getting a bit boring and to be honest you could easily cheat because the words often come up, not that l do, prove that by getting low scores!! will have to find another game to beat you Nell, oh l have fast typing!! l must try harder on the cards with the towers!! useles or what!

Kanga, oh l remember that song very well, Flanders and Swann!

Ma's out, Pa's out, Let's talk rude!
Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Dance round the garden in the nude,
Let's write rude words all down our street,
Stick out our tongues at the people we meet,

and on it went, l think they changed the words to fit in with 'situation' Heather you will be singing it all week!

Hugs
Sandra xxx

dee49

Kris we crossed and I've just read your comment about the lady in the ambulance reminding you of when you went for 'horrible' things at the hospital, kind of summarised things a bit for me and feel bit more normal now!

dee49

Afternoon Ladies,

Karen (((Hugs))) too from me xxx

No Sandra I haven't been on WS all day! Just got lucky as I think it was an easy one that came up!
Ouch another toe nail, how many is that now? are we comparing again? So far mine are: one finger nail and four toe nails, but all my nails are affected and lifting, ooh and sore too that's why I can't beat you on faster typer lol 😞

Anne good luck tonight - or was it last night? You're driving me on too as I'm now working on our weight and weighing us in every week, lost 1lb last week so a start ehh! Keep it up and get that gs of yours to keep you busy too, looks a lovely little lad.

Heather,Jill results in Yet? and anybody else waiting? Can't believe, Tracey, Lesley and Anne have all done rads and I've still got them to go! but then I had the mx after peachy so yes that's me again all upside down and back to front! but not like Kanga with her knickers lol.....

Saw my onc last week and the MRI result was ok, two cyst and tiny bit of fatty liver; I'm HER2 neg and the tumours were at least 2cm away from the chest wall, so all in all another good result hmm?

Right need some feedback on this one from you mx ladies as it's been chewing over in my head since mine and I can't get my head round it.....
For me the chemo was far easier to deal with and if I had a choice I'd do it all over again if I could have my boob back (BC free of course); I hate it. The mx for me has been the hardest and most horrible part of the treatment so far, and yes that includes losing my hair, eyebrows and nails! Losing my hair was a doddle compared to this.
I know why it had to be done and glad the bc has gone with it (I hope) and no, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. All the tears have gone and I really am getting on with it but I'm defininitely going for a recon and counting the days - just wish I had a date!
I never liked wearing a bra before - like it even less now! and it foces you to wear one too but I flatly refuse to wear a bra in the house - I never did before so why should I now!
I'm not having bc telling me how to run my life, I'm not having bc telling me how to run my life, I'm not having bc telling me how to run my life.
Does anybody understand what I'm trying to say? As I don't!! Help..........

Love & Hugs to all

Nell xxx

jackwagstaff

Well it just shows how easily you can read something and get the wrong end of the stick !
I read what you wrote Karen and to me , I read that YOU drank 35 units in a night and neil could´nt cope with it .
Then I read the next comments , and thought , "no , I´ve read something wrong here . "
Twice i had to go back and re-read what you had written. When I read it initially ,I thought , "my goodness , our karen cannot half get some down her.Drinks her new BF under the table and , being a builder , and having a reputation to uphold , he could´nt cope ."But now I´ve got it . Never mind Karen , you got your telly fixed , and Men are like buses , either none at all , or two turn up together , so you´ll catch the next one .At least you´re young enough to enjoy one . Most of the "older " women I know out here ie with retired men under their feet all day would give them away with a free gift ! Still they are the most useful thing you can find for taking the tops off bottles and jars , nothing else quite works as well !
Now the other day , when i was having my ," I really should never have got out of bed day ." My knickers were still the wrong way around , and most uncomfortable , but obviously not as bad as a thong would have been . I was driving past the hospital were I had my op and most other things . I drive past most days that I go into Torre , and I have no problems wioth that at all , I´m also in and out with my OH , so , no big deal . But this day , just as I drove past, they were wheeling a lady in her dressing gown into one of the wwaiting ambulances , and my blood ran cold . Thats wjhat happened to me . I had to have various things done to me the morning of my op , and then at 8.30 , they pushed me to a waiting ambulance to take me down to Malaga and the hospital there ,for other horrible things to be done . This lady could´nt have been going for that , cos it was too late , but I just went all strange , and said out loud to myself , " Oh god , poor lady , hope you´ll be alright ." It really upset me . I did´nt feel sick , but I felt very panicky , the old "fight or flight " syndrome I think . Wanted to get away . As I drove past , I could feel a hot flush comoing upon me . Just what I ¡needed ......not ! So I try to get myself together , put the AC on max and turn the blowers onto my face . So I´m getting that under control , but whenever I get a flush , I also have this awful urge to wee , so I´m trying to keep myself together , ( if you know what I mean . ) So I know have to negotiate this big island . Some aspects of driving in Spain are an absolute nightmare .... spanish drivers being one of them , but on every island there is a pedestrian crossing , so you have to be careful , so I´m just about to go around and I spot that there are goats right on the corner plus goatdogs , plus the required "old goatherd " ( never go down wind of a goatherd ....it would knock your socks off ....good if you have a cold , it´ll sort your sinus´s out ! )
Then , horror of horrors ... I know I´m going to sneeze ! This of course means I´m going to shut my eyes .
" Oh god , I must´nt shut my eyes ... dare not run over a goat , and what about the faithful old goatherd , they´ll lynch me ."
Desperatly ,desperatly trying to keep eyes open , ward off this sneeze ... and keep my bottom clenched .
Well you can guess what happened .....inevitable really .
Í sneezed .
No , I did´nt run over the goatherd , managed to keep my kangaroo on the right side , but as I sneezed so I involuntarily released my hold on my bladder and that was it , I wet myself . The good news is I was wearing a Tena pad .
What have I come too ? If someone had told me a few years ago that I would end up as a red faced sweaty old woman who wet herself , I would have got on my high horse and said " Excuse Me !! " Oh well , at least I´m still here , and I have to admit , after the initial shock , I burst out laughing , could´nt help that either . Think I´ve flipped !
I keep writing down everything you do with your GC Sandra , to give me some ideas for when I go early Appril . I think you´re a wonderful gran , they are some very lucky children , mine are going to get nanny from hell as oppossed to "Supernanny " , poor kids ! Don´t know where you get the energy from . What else are you taking beside letrozole ? Any magic mushrooms where you live ? Surely it´s not just us on aromatase inhibitors ? Isabelle is on Arimadix , what´s Carol and Jackie doing ? Tamoxifin is for the "younger ladies " is´nt it ?
Bit of a mystery about your DIL´s mum. I know my mum kept things to herself , but that really is taking it too far , it´s not fair on your DIL . Hope your flu goes soon , duvet day for you .
Fancy casting aspertions on my ability to behave in a posh hotel ? The cheek of it ! I actually lived for four weeks in the HIlton in Paris , complete with my pussy , so there !
Kids are growing up so much fastre today , little ones pinching boys bums , I´ve only just got to that stage and then only if I´ve had a few .( though not as many as I thought Karen had had ! ) My boys were about 8 when they learnt a few "rude " words and starting singing , the only line i remember was .........."pee pooh , belly bum drawers . " cannot remember the tune , but they used to fall about laughing . Would´nt raise a titter I doný suppose amongst the eight year olds today . Dread to think what they would sing .
Hope everyone is ok , have´nt heard from some of you for while , so love and lots of good wishes , winging their way across to good old UK . Tomorrow we have to be up at 6.30 as OH has an appointment at the hospital in Malaga , and the road will just be blocked solid .
luvallKangaX
ps Well done to everyone who´s lost weight this week .....I hate you !

kayh317

Hello all

I am fine about being single again and know that my wonderful kids and great mates (including my virtual family on here) are worth so much more than any man.

Have had 2 lovely evenings.....Monday Adam came for a meal and it was great to see him as he works so hard I don't get to see him often. He has had his first appraisal at work and has got a glowing report. So very proud of him. He left about 8 and an old mate (Neil but not that one !!) came for a drink. He lives in Crewe and was over for work and during the day had popped round and posted a picture for Mary and a Valentine card for me. No romance between us but was a lovely thought.

Yesterday I should have been seeing Neil (the drinker !) but spoke to him in the afternoon and cancelled. Went out with Sue,a very good mate, and we had a great time.

Tonight I have Glen and Ruth coming as it was Ruth's birthday yesterday so doing a special tea for her so another nice evening hopefully.

Mary's tests came back negative and she is much better although still complaining of a sore throat. We are going to have some treats over half term and will be going for a photo shoot in Nottingham, a garra fish experience and Mary will be having a manicure. Lots of lazing about to be included too.

Heather - hope your scan results come back fine and that you are coughing less and sleeping more.

Lesly - well done on the weight loss. I am trying and have lost 5 1/2 pound so far but think this week might undo some of it.

Kanga - love the knicker story. Expect you keep the whole village talking about your antics.

Vickie - hope that 37 is treating you well, you deserve it

Suze - hope you having a good break

Maria, Carol and Sandra - thanks for the kind words.

Maria - hope you not getting too tired back at work. Take it steady.

Lesley - well done on the end of rads

Sandra - love the pinchy bum bum game perhaps I should try that in town on a Friday night. We used to play kiss chase when I was that age !! Hope your cold clears up quickly. I am sure we could manage 100 miles between us would probably only have to do about 8 miles each to make it !!

To everyone else sending love and hugs whether you are up, down or somewhere in the middle.

With lots of love to my special virtual family.

Karen x

sandra4

Hi K,
To 'me' your sentence contradicted itself!

'back to being an unloved single mother'

Sorry but you cannot be a mother and unloved in the same sentence!
and l can think of three very good reasons why you cannot be an unloved mother! and a kiss for each of them and you XXXX

You very rightly decided that he was too much of a drinker! and you wouldn't want him around Mary when he has had too much to drink, not a good thing for Mary to see.

Totally agree with Maria and Carol, you must love yourself, l always say if you don't love yourself how do you expect others to love you!
anyway l am sure on a 'good' day you do love yourself, that damn rollercoaster again!!

You take care and lots of LOVE and HUGS from your vf.

Sandra xxx

danjo

Karen, he was some use then! Lots of people love you, including yourself as Maria said. you must love yourself first and foremost.

Take care

Carolxx

marial

K, you are not unloved, there are plenty a real people that love you, and here all your virtual friends love you, for what it is worth. You must love yourself too and treat yourself well.
Hugs and holding your hand
Maria

kayh317

Back to the photo of Mum, Mary and I

The new man didn't work out as really couldn't deal with someone who could drink 35 units in just one night but at least he put my tv up for me !!!

So back to being an unloved single mother !!!

Sending hugs to all.

K x

danjo

could do 100 mile walk, no problem, is that more or less than 10,000 steps? sorry you've got the "lurgy"-all that scabbling around down rabbit holes, planting sweets!!