cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

sandra4

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Hi Ladies,

Ok Kanga, here are your exercises for you before you go to bed!! Stand three feet away from a door/wall (if door make sure it is closed!) lean forward flat hands on the door/wall do this three times. Stretching the back of your legs and hopefully you won’t get any more cramp!
Other than that a good massage (legs only) before you go to bed!

Didn’t know you could get cramp in the thigh! Are you sure you haven’t got hip problems to go with everything else. The thought of you stretched out on the patio!! The mind boggles, what would those nosey neighbours say.

Enjoy the gc. You need to get ker plunk, then swap the marbles for maltesers! Great fun! And good for the figure,
Anne you did say you could eat chocolate on your diet!!

Had a lovely weekend, went to a horse sanctuary on Saturday, then to the pub for lunch, gc enjoyed making a fuss of the horses/donkeys/ponies, wanted to know the ins and outs of what happened to each of them!
Sunday was a ‘home’ day so l had a house full of hungry people!! Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend!

Had a call this morning to say Mum had ‘hurt’ he arm! Seems one of the ladies where she lives arrived at 9am with a glass of Baileys and some chocolates!! As she was showing her out the old lady wobbled!! (no they hadn’t drunk the baileys) she fell against Mum who fell against the door catching her arm on the latch!
It left three nasty slices on her arm, the warden bandages it up, l had a look and it was really nasty, l thought she should go to the doctors but she said no! so l will see how it is tomorrow! Don’t want it to get infected!

Oh talking of infections, l woke this morning to a very sore line under my starbone, when l felt it there were lots of little blisters in a line! Then l remembered l wore a new bra the day before, so l have put it down to that! Will have to see how that is tomorrow!

Managed to get myself to the shops and purchased a couple of tops! Not too low!! Mind you not tried them on yet, so they may have to go back! Look nice on the hanger, but not always the case when you try them on!

Indiana Jones! Yes you all know him, well if any of you ladies see Indiana Jones Lego please let me know the name of the shop, doesn’t matter where! I can get them posted! Eldest Gs loves him and the lego, so we are trying to get some for him!
Looked on the website and managed to get a few bits, but seems they don’t do it anymore so the only hope of getting it is l find some old stock in a shop. Some of the prices on the website are far too much, exploiting because not much about!!

Jackie how is that hole?

Carol, good luck with the hair! I bought some Organic root stimulator today! Says it is for thirst hair! My hair is vey thirsty!! Also said it gives new life to anything it touches, so might put some on the starbone!! Also it give elasticity, so thought l needed a bounce too!

Nell bet you don’t know what to do with yourself now!

Hugs to all
Sandra xxx

danjo

had a loveley holiday in Scotland, the weather wasn't half bad. there were lots of lambs everywhere including "our" farm. the mum and lambs in my pic were in the field just in front of the cottage ( I suspect they had been put there for the visitors benefit as all the rest were in a big field behind the cottge or in the barn waiting to give birth)
Heather, I do hope you enjoyed the wedding and all the hard work paid off.
Kanga, the cramp thing sounds scary, perhaps you have taken on too much with your fashion show. I have bought a hair colour similar to my own "new" colour, sort of mid brown as I only want it to give my hair some body and shine. I'm going to ask my hairdresser to do it for me.
I went to the gym today and a lady who I've never spoken to before stopped me and told me how good my hair looked and it was growing really well. I will like it when I get used to the curly look I'm sure!
Hope all my friends are OK

Hugs and stuff

Carol

jackwagstaff

What a cake !! That looks absolutely gorgeous Heather , what a very talented OH !
Hope you had a great time and that your legs did´nt give you any trouble , either by being too red , sore , swollen , or just generally getting you into trouble !
I´ve been and added my towpennyworth to the BCN Campaign , living over here without the benefit of a BCN , I know what it´s like to have to "go it alone " and can easily see the benefit you have to have a dedicated ( in both ways ) BCN . I´ve benefited greatly by being able to have access to the brilliant nurses on this site . To be able to phone them up when you´re just about at your wits end , the relief to be able to speak to someone who can give informed advice . Absolutely marvalous when I spoke to them about my hot flushes .
How´s our NOTABLE EXCEPTION doing today at work ? Glad you had such a good time with your family at Scarborough , such a long way away , but i bet your little blue beetle ate up the miles , no problem , left my 1.2 Corsa standing did´nt it , like a sewing machine plodding after a formula 1 car !! try not to get too tired Jackie, I really don´t know how you working girls manage , I just get so tired ,on an almost daily basis .
So how many nurses have we on the site ? Any of you coming on the SuzeCruise ? At least we can look after ourselves if we have medical people with us .No need for the ship´s doctor , unless he´s tall dark and handsome , although these days if he´s got teeth and hair , he´ll do !
have you done your hair carol ? What colour are you going ?
Vickie , love yor "new look " on FB , I don´t think my comments are getting on , probably pressing the wrong thing , or not pressing anything , however , I won´t have too much time to go onto FB for the next week or so , cannot think I´ll have any time to breath next week when I´m looking after my gs . This girls is new to me . Having lived away from well before he was born , I´ve only ever been allowed loose with them when mum or dad were there , I think they thought i needed supervising as over the last many years I´ve only been responsible for dogs , and they know I bring my dogs up like i brought my kids up ie bed at 7pm and definate meal times, don´t eat it , it get put away !! However , beggers cannot be choosers and working fulltime means someone has to look after said gs in the school holidays , enter moi !! My Oh went last time , now it´s my turn . Think of me Sandra , cos I´ve been pinching some of your ideas to use , also going to the EArly learning shop in Gib on thursday , mind you , I´ve a suitcase full of stuff to take over .

So very sorry to hear the sad news about your litle cats , Suze and saffie , absolutely dreadful when they die , loosing a pet is so traumatic , I felt really sad about Isabelles calf , and he was probably destined for the market , but it just gets to me , and today , I had a phone call to say one of my very good friends has had her dog daisy die last night , we´ve known daisy since she was taken in by my friends as she was an abandoned puppy left by the dustbins ( thankfully not in them .) 11 years old . I went around to pay my respects cos this couple never had children , and their dogs were always very much part of their family , so sad .
Hope everyone enjoyed mothers day . One of mine remembered , one outt of two ´s not bad !!
I´m off now , my brain´s not really in gear today , i´ve really bad pain in my left hand, and I´m just so tired . last friday I had a cramp in my right thigh , I was in so much pain and could´nt move to sort it out . My Oh had to haul me up to try and strighten my leg , but the pain was excruitiating , I was almost screaming , god only knows what caused that , but i am getting a lot of cramps in my hands and feet , and at night in my calves , but never before in my thigh , it was so bad , i nearly passed out , Oh had to drag me outside in the fresh air and let me lie on the patio . What a state to get into . I really hope that was a one off .
Anyway , that was friday , not happened again since .Off now ,
models to email , posters to sort out , you´d think it was Paris Fashion Week , still keeps us out of mischief !
luvtoall kanga

Leah_BCC

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say thanks for mentioning the BCN campaign - I've just highlighted it in another thread (under Breast Cancer Care campaigns) if you want to read more.
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/help-us-keep-our-breast-care-nurses-t30624.html

Leah

marial

Wow Heather, I hope the wedding was as good as the cake and I hope you were well enough to enjoy it. I am busy having fun with visit of number one son, pfdil and of course number 2 son. I will be back soon.
Hugs to all, I hope the weekend went well for everyone
Maria

heatheruk

Hi ladies be back on later or tomorrow. Tried putting picture of the wedding cake hubby made on face book but I couldn't do it. But I managed to do it on our thread.
Be bacjk soon love Heather
xxxxxx

dee49

Morning Ladies,

Here's the link re Jackie's comment about the BCN....

http://e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=1695&ea.campaign.id=9530

Happy Mothers day everybody; and for those who are not with us special thoughts and hugs to their families xxx

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

libby_2010

Ladies a real quickie just been on to the main home page and there is a request there that we sign a petition for the BCNs. Basically as a nurse myself ( my understanding from what has happened in local areas to me) there has been a move in many areas for all staff with any clinical skills to go back and work on the wards ( and of course this means the BCNs)How long they would need to work on the wards has not been stated. You may all be aware that over many years the NHS has been chronically understaffed and this seems to be a measure to put a band-aid over a haemorrhage ( hope the mods don’t jump on me for being so frank) But I do know in the next area to me they ( all staff) have all had an e-mail sent to them to go to the wards eg. At lunch time to feed patients.
If you go to the home page and scroll down a little on the LT there is a Main news bit dated 31/3.
I for one benefited so much from the support and care of my BCN and would really like for her and her colleagues to be there for other ladies too. OK rant over Night night Jackie xx

libby_2010

From a NOTABLE EXCEPTION ( but not for too much longer .).)think your explanation with the brill new hair is the best ever excuse.
OOh how lovely that the 'boys' in your life are bringing you brekkie in bed.No tears on the toast though. Sure it would go soggy
Dancing is good. You have come so far, as all of us have on this thread.But your great sense of humour has always been apparent.
Have a lovely day tomorrow.
See you on FB at some point soon. Jackie xx

danjo

hello, ladies, this is a very quick post as it has taken over an hour to catch up! now cross eyed!! not been on FB yet so don't know if I have any new friends. manged to buy an organic hair colour in Scotland at a loveley organic shop in Kirkudbright, have decided to ask my hairdresser to do it for me so I don't get the "streaky face" look1 will be back tomorrow.

love Carol

tors

Darn it, you're right, i was so caught up with post hairdo excitement that i forgot my thread maintenance duties and unforgivably let it slip. However, on the plus side, i have enticed many of you WITH SOME NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS onto fb so i'm not all bad. I will try harder. If i can put my book down. And stop looking at my hair. And updating my fb. And stop dancing to "black or white" on my michael jackson wii game. And stop starting other threads in celebration of my hair.

That said, i may not be able to do any of that as my oh and the boys are making me a cooked breakfast tmrw for mothers day........

libby_2010

Ladies page 3 again didn't we have monitor for this perhaps she went off and got her hair done? And why not ?
J xx
PS Vickie will be on FB soon so hope I will see a pic

izzypal

Hi ladies,
Trying to catch up with posts. Working flat out this week until after the weekend, worn out now just finished for tonight, got a 12 hour day tommorrow and Sunday then back to normal.
Denise, pleased your rads are finished, take it easy xxx
Vickie, love the new hair cut & colour, really suits you.
Must get to bed,

Hugs and best wishes to all xxx

Isabelle xxx

libby_2010

Hi Ladies well got really mixed up. Was reading various posts and I think news on FB and on this thread is crossing between threads. As I am not on FB yet.).) am missing some things. Phew Kanga is on FB well I will have to get a move on then lol.
Heather hope the wedding goes well. How are those red legs? Will have to look out for pics of the cake too.Fingers crossed for a nice day. Enjoy
Dee well done hiyateardrop finished, now have a rest if that is poss.
Siobahn I didn’t tell Kanga you were bonkers, although I might have let it slip on here that if anyone sees you running towards them they should be worried and hide lol. It is unlikely that I will get to any more meet ups on Thurs as I am almost back to F/T work as of next Mon.
Ladies as I have been keeping an eye on the posts over the last week or so and will try to respond.
Vicki will def have to get on FB, glad to hear you have a new hairdo and colour. What shade did you go for? What a shock sitting there eating your butty and minding your own business when someone bumped into you. Hope you can find a way of reclaiming that excess.
Suze and Saffron sorry to hear about your cats, so sad.
Isabelle there was a programme on last Sun I think, about the Dales. I know that is the Yorkshire Dales and not your neck of the woods but it was a farming programme and made me think of you.Is there much more lambing/calving to do yet?
Marial hope you are OK.Have a lovely week-end with your sons.
Not sure if Carol is away?
Jill think it means you and I are not on FB yet.
I haven’t been able to post for the last 2 evenings as my daughter has been here and she gets a bit upset when I come onto the Forum, she thinks I must find it upsetting and could not understand why we met up at the GC either she thinks it rakes up all the bad memories but I think we all found it supportive and safe to be together knowing we all just ‘know’.And we had a good laugh too. I know she needs me to be well and be her mum, have I explained that reasonably well? I have spoken to her about all you gals and the support there is and I think she has understood that this has been helpful for me. In any case I couldn't get on to my lap top was baking till past midnight for the great cake sale for Help the Heroes . Need to get up early as I promised scones for tomorrow too.
Op over and done with some PS have no sense of humour when I said if I came back twice more would that count as a tummy tuck? Just got told that the scar for that was lower down Mm. I won’t tell you what I replied to that.But I couldn’t laugh and still can’t as stitches pull a bit. I do so wish this could have been done last year then I could have put 2010 behind me but hey it’s done now and he took a big chunk out again just to be sure. I did have to ask for some more local to be put in though.
Had loads of cuddles over the last week, had a brill time. We even got to the beach on Sun but me being a wimp kept my puffa jacket on lol. There were people in their T shirts though made of hardy stuff in Yorks I’m a soft southerner now.
Sandra how is Toby’s mouth? Hope he is on the mend now.Hope you have lovely lunches on Sat and Sun.
Gill and Siobahn know one of you was seeing BCN/mammo? Hope that was OK. Brings it all back doesn’t it, sitting in those waiting rooms. Siobahn its good to go on your own sometimes if you have questions. My friend was over from NZ when I saw Onc in Oct and although she is a brill long term friend there were questions I had for him when I went back inJan which I hadn’t wanted anyone else to be there for.
No more appts there until next Jan. No Sandra no blood tests for me, not sure why. But will have a DEXA scan prior to appt. I think I said my lovely surgeon had retired and apparently so far has not been replaced so there is currently only one surgeon. I feel so sorry for the ladies who are waiting at the moment.
Karen hope Carl is not a frog, he sounds a nice guy. You def deserve some fun and happiness after all you have been through.
Kanga watch out I intend being on FB asap and I have photos lol. Hope the fashion show is coming alons as well as poss.
Well lovely ladies hope you are as well as poss and that the sun shines for all of this week-end. What a big difference turning the clocks on has made. It was still light at 7.30 pm that really makes the day end Love Jackie xx

sandra4

Sorry l owe some of you ladies an apology! should have also said.....thinking of you ladies that no longer have your Mum with you, Maria, l know it will still be very raw for you, Heather l know how much you miss your Mum, and any other ladies that won't have their Mum with them xxx

tors

Wooooooooooohoooooo!!!!!! Go nell! Really pleased, go eat and get merrily tipsy! Well done!!!
Vickie

Ps. Urchin hair cut pics are on fb. Loved having it done and think, in the cirumstances rather than by choice, i quite like it!

Happy weekend everyone xxxx

dee49

Evening Ladies,

YAY - Rads done, think thats the last of us on 'active treatment' so massive ((((HUGS))) all round; we've all been through so much and it's been easier holding hands here with everybody so "Thank You" all again xx

Well got the champers in the fridge and just waiting for OH to get home; and jelly and jammie dodgers for son ...... Lets party Whoo...

Will try and post properly later; got a roast lamb dinner on....

I hope everybody has a fab weekend,

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

sandra4

Hi Ladies

Happy Mother’s Day to all you Ladies, whether
Mothers/Grandmothers/Aunts/ It is for all you ladies that are loved! And we are all loved are we not?

Grandchildren just popped in to show me their Mother’s day cards and bits they have made! All very secret from Mummy! Eldest gs told Mummy he wanted to talk to grandma about apples!!! Obviously he wanted to show me his cards and bits, just thought it was a funny subject to talk about!
I got her some Champney’s as a little treat from the boys, she has had a bad 6 months, but coming through it now, and starting doing a bit of temping for an opticians she use to work for, so l will be back on the school runs! Just odd days here and there!

Heather, Really hope you have a fantastic day, love weddings, sure there will be a tear of two!! Can’t wait to see the beautiful cake, sounded so nice. Not sure why you don’t like having your photo taken, you take a lovely photo! Hope you behave yourself Heather and don’t cause any calamities!

Maria, Hope you have a lovely time with number one and two son, be lovely to have them together before he flies off again! Is he enjoying his time out there?
Be good to see another photo of the ‘haircut’ perhaps that is what is wrong with my hair, bald patches! Had a good look and although not as thick as it was, can’t really see any bald patches, but l am sure the hairdresser will have a look when l do have a haircut! At the moment it seems a long while away, although l think the ends do need a trim they are looking a bit untidy!

Vickie, Look forward to seeing your new hairstyle! So good that every step is a bit closer to getting your life back, when l think back to how sad you sounded during some of your peachy, you have come on leaps and bounds!
Hope you get your excess back! Expensive butty!

Thanks Kirsty, l will have a look into the Aussie products! Hope you are keeping well? Did you see Saffronseed had her hair chemically straighted?

Jackie, Hope you managed to have lots of cuddles with those little ones. Has that doc filled your hole up now! Or was it a clear out! Whatever it was l hope it works! I expect you have heard we have Kanga on facebook!!

Nell, Thanks for the Granny P info. Finished Hiyateardrop now! Well done you, Hope it is not too sore, sure you know to keep using that cream.

Grandsons told me Daddy had poured their milk out this morning and it was bright green! He told them the milk had gone mouldy!! Needless to say it was his little April fool joke! Kids never grow up!

Isabelle, l see there is Live Lambing on next week, and it is coming from Cumbria! Not from your Farm is it? That would be so good to see you and OH working your farm!

Jill, hope you enjoy wearing your sexy bra’s! yes l am afraid mine are still the boring ones, will have to look round for something else! Gill you still flying around in cyber space? Hope you are both well.

Suze, Sounds like a lovely holiday! Hopefully you can get those boots on another day! Oh your poor neighbour, how awful for her and your poor little pussy cat!
Garden is coming on a treat, although lost a couple of shrubs, didn’t get looked after last year!! Toby has plenty of weeds in his garden! So l will decline your very kind offer thank you!!

Siobhan, Hope you managed to get up this morning! And your onc managed to answer all your questions! I usually get too frightened to ask any questions, but he always tells me everything so not a lot left to the imagination! Do you have a blood test before you see your onc! I am due to see my onc in May and have to have a blood test two weeks before l go, think this will be the first blood test since my mx! So will feel very nervous!

Well ladies l hope you all have a lovely weekend and get spoilt as only we deserve to be. We are off for a meal at the pub tomorrow, then to ours on Sunday. So lets hope the weather holds out!

Carol, hope you had a lovely holiday, Anne you are doing so well, so you can still have your treats? Does that include an easter egg! K, hope you enjoy your weekend and meeting bf’s d!

Hugs to everyone
Sandra xxx

Gerbera

Hi all,

Sorry to read about your cats Saffronseed and Suze, thats really sad.
Saffronseed – I went to see Mamma Mia with a friend after I finished chemo and we had a great girls night out, so hope you enjoy it too.
Sandra…I remember loveheart sweets! My friend had them as the wedding favour things on the tables at their wedding a few years ago too. You did make me laugh about my job…but I'm not that bad at it ;-)!!! But yep, success rates are unfortunately not quite at the level of Holby!
Jill - hope your BCN appt was ok today, it does bring back strange feelings going back to the hospital for anything. Is good to hear that you found the BCC lingerie eve good, will really try and get to one now. Know what you mean about the bras, so is great you found one that you like! And Nell, I think I remember you saying about not wanting to do the lace inserts in bras - that's just not for me either, and I usually just end up wearing a vest top under a top if I'm worried about it gaping.
Heather, sorry you are having such a bad time with your legs. But hope you have a fab time at the wedding on sat, the cake sounds lovely!
Nell, great that you are having your last rads tomorrow! Like Maria I didn’t have rads but do get tightness in my scar and armpit at times, but I had cording post-op too though and had physio. The physio did quite a bit of massage with aqueous cream and excercises which definitely helped, so hope it eases up soon for you too with the exercises.
Vickie, what a nightmare about your car – hope you get the excess back through your insurance….might need to put your solicitor skills to good use! Very exciting about your hair cut and colour tomorrow, looking forward to pics of your funky new style!
Maria, what kind of nursing are you in? I worked in ITU for most of the time since qualifying, but been in resuscitation for last couple of years. Have a lovely time with your son this week-end.
Jackie, hope you had a great time with your grandchildren and that your op went well today.
My onc appt went ok on Tue, examination was fine and should get mammo appt soon. Went on my own this time (my mum or friend have come with me before but I wanted to go on my own this time with my list of questions), and felt sick sitting in that waiting room but done now!

Will have to say bye for now as am rubbish at getting up at the mo so better get to bed! But hi to everyone else too. And thanks for the facebook requests, have been getting confused working out who is who!

Siobhan x

Kirsty16

HAIR - someone asked about hair - Sandra? - I've been using the Aussie products (in Morrisons) for a few months since it grew back ( did only go thin, but very very thin, virtually bald on top) - the conditioner is especially good I think, difficult to know as I've used it continuously , but my hair is thicker (dare I say - too thick !!) and healthier than I've known it for years. its also very curly which I dont like, but so glad to have hair almost dont care what it looks like, well yes i do but dont want to be ungrateful ! It just doest feel like me , having curly hair.

tors

God, we need to rename this the dead or dying cat thread! Am keeping my minnie away from you lot....! But am sorry to hear about yr little cats sue and saffron. Xxxx

maria, yeay, have a fantabulous time with yr son. I didnt realise you were a nurse, i must have missed tgat along the way, v remiss of me. There seems to be a lot of nurses and teachers with bc on the forum, but not come across anyone who is (or admits to being!) a solicitor yet.

Stupid woman drove into my car in m and s car park today. I was parked up eating a butty and slam! Great. I was in a courtesy car from the garage as mine was having new tyres. I had to pay a £250 excess!!!!!! Gggrrrrrrrrr.

Im having my hair cut and coloured tmrw, am really excited and have been filling up everytime i think of it. Bit of a milestone, am reclaiming my life bit by bit. Had a consultation today and he thinks he can do a funky little cut!

Hugs to all

vickie

marial

Well we don't seem to be having much luck with cats these days, sorry Saffronseed and Suze.
Suze, so sorry I could not get over to see you, I'm glad you had a good time though.
Heather, have a lovely wedding, don't get your glues muddled up.
Nell, last one tomorrow. I never had hiya teardrop, but my scars still feel tight from time to time.
Gill, sorry you lost your posting, but I hope things re going well for you
Jill, your lingerie evening sounded really good, do they have lots of these evenings ?
Jackie, So your post got lost in cyber space too, it is so frustrating when that happens. lets hope your abcess gets lost in cyber space as well.
Sandra, sounds like dil mother is not well at all and she is not really helping, what a worry. Anyway page 3 is not such a bad thing, we will have to go to one of those lingerie evenings and then we will be well equipped.
Kanga, who are you on face book ? I am waiting to be your "friend" Mozzies love me too.
Siobhan, nice to hear from you, I am a nurse too, but not the resuscitating kind.

I am getting exited, number 1 son is arriving tomorrow for the weekend before he goes back to the States, I had my hair cut today for the occasion !! My hair dresser said my hair was coming on nicely, but there were still be very thin patches, so that is why I get a cold head and still need to wear a hat (which does not help any styling of course)

Hugs to you all
Maria

salsasuzi

Hello....
Well it has taken me ages to catch up on 10 pages!!!! So just a quick post as I relly need to do some jobs.

Had a great time in French Alps, weather was absolutely lovely. I dodn't ski (did try the boots on but both legs went into severe cramps so I had to stop, legs remained sore for a couple of days after therefore Olympic skiing is not going to be including me on the team!!) So, instead I went on some great mountain walks and to the glacier. Unfortunately I couldn't meet Maria as she was 4 hours drive away from where I was, it would have been great to meet her. If where she lives is half as nice as where I was she is one lucky lady, it's so nice there and the air was so clean and fresh. Hotel Terra Nova was fab and I would reccomend it for anyone who wants a different kind of holiday to a beach one. I would deffo do it again.

Sad news....my cat sadly departed the earth while I was away leaving behind a very stressed neighbour who was looking after him while I was away :-((( no idea what happened to him as he was only 4 years old and fine at feeding time , then next morning he was behind the shed lifeless , so it's been a strange week as I've missed him a lot and keep thinking I can hear him around the house as normal :-((((

Heather, hope you are getting along ok, your legs are not troubling you too much, the dog doesn't get to the cake and the wedding goes well. Hope we don't see you on you've been framed in the wedding reception section. Enjoy the day and may the sun shine brightly on you all xxx

Sandra, when your gardens done you can come and do some of your magic on mine, I will donate all of my dandelion crop to Toby's garden too.

Isabelle, love reading of you new arrivals, very busy time for you at the moment, I think we should all come over to yours and 'muck in', mind you would probably scare the living daylights out of the animals. Sorry about the poor calf and its mum, I think everything and body should just live forever :-))

Maria, hope you are having a more rested week this week, it's a good job you didn't try to meet up with me as well as everything else last week. What altitude is your house at? I had real trouble with my nose at 2000m, very dry.

Kanga, sounds like you had fun meeting jACKIE, HOPE THE kANGAvisit cruise will be as much fun in August (oops caps).
I am sure it will be, I wish we could all really be there instead of cyber be there but I'm sure we will make a mark on Gibraltar on the day...will we need to inform anyone in Gibraltar of our rendez-vous or shall we just leave it to chance??? :-))

Karen, Vickie, hope you are both ok.
Carol glad the herceptin check went ok, hope the back is feeling better.
Dee have you finished rads now? Keep slappin the cream on and doing the exercises. My tissues are still sore, got 5 months of physio on them to ease the pain, it doesn't half hurt when the physiotherapist stretches my skin...ouch 😞
Well, better get some jobs done or else. I start my very long phased return to work next week, they have done a plan which will spread over the next 13 weeks so won't be doing full time till June 20th and they will be reveiwing how I'm coping every week so can't ask for more than that! Still scary though :{{{
ok will call back later when I got some jobs done (did I say that already) hugs to everyone, have a good day, weekend, mothers day

Suze xxxx (the one with tanned arms and face from skiing holiday!!)
xxxxx

heatheruk

Hi Ladies just a quick post because we have got to go to MIL till after the wedding, should have gone yesterday but the trip to the hospital that I hadn't got planned got in the way. Anyway the nurse only had 2 goes, and she used a fine needle, so she managed to get enough blood for the test. Legs no better and the redness is moving up, its nearly at my knees in the left leg, but I have got to go to doctors next week for results of blood test so I will see him then. Think I am already for the wedding, will take some pics of the cake when it is put together on Saturday. Will try and get a decent pic of me, I doubt it though because I hate my pic taken.
Hope you all ok, and that you have a good weekend, if I get chance I will come on Sunday when we get back, but If I am to shattered will leave it till Monday.
Take Care all of you and have a wonderful mothers day.
Love Heather
xxxxxxxxxxxx

dee49

Morning Ladies,

Jill ((Hugs)) for this coming week; got mine in May which seems ages away but come tomorrow it will be next month :~/
Would love to see you on FB - and you too Jackie !!!

A question for all you mx ladies: Did you get any tightness in your scar and armpit during hiya teardrop? Only I have, I'm doing the excercises but just curious that's all, Oh Yes and to see if I'm 'normal' or not ..... Ha
Anyway I finish tomorrow - Yay !!!

Have a good day ladies,

Love & Hugs Nell xxx

pina_c

Hello Ladies,

Have just lost a posting which I spent ages on so will just say that I hope you're all feeling as good as possible, are sleeping as well as possible and living life as fully as possible.

Hopefully you're all fast asleep and having sweet dreams 🙂

Gill xx

Silver10

Hello Everyone,

Went to a BCC lingerie evening yesterday. Went wearing my soft 34B pocketed bra and came home in a 32D fab bra with underwiring – result!!! Thought I was doomed to a life of boring bras but I was proved wrong and I also got a great black bra that converts to a halter neck. I would recommend going to one if you can.

Mammogram was fine, only took a few mins. Must be the only time in life that only having one breast is an advantage! Will try to keep busy to take my mind off the results appointment next week, but you understand how it is – I will have convinced myself that it will be bad news by next Weds.

I’m not on FB, but I must be the only one now that isn’t now that Kanga has taken the plunge. Perhaps it’s time for me to join as I do want to know how you are all getting on and I want to see all the photos of Isabelle’s “babies”.

Good to hear from you Karen, I hope Carl keeps making you happy and that you are feeling better soon.

Heather – how are those legs? Hope you manage to stay ok for the wedding. Are you allowed to be anywhere near all that glue?

Siobhan – hello and I hope all went well at your onc appointment yesterday. I am seeing the BCN tomorrow at the hospital and it’s next to where I went for my chemo – I just seem to turn into a jelly when I go near the place.

Dee – so pleased you sound so positive for the end of your rads. Just make sure you get plenty of rest in-between all that raring to go!

Kanga – I think your mossies would love me, I have got bites from something I think when I was doing the gardening a few days ago. Not an attractive look for trying on underwear!

Saffronseed – sad news about your cat, what a shame. We have also booked to stay at in the Lake District but we are going just before the Easter weekend. We will take the caravan to Kendal and are meeting up with an old school friend of OH’s. Hope it does not rain too much!

Hello to all of you I’ve not mentioned, take care.

Jill

libby_2010

Blinking heck just posted and shot it into cyber space ages since I did that. JUSt to say phew I am back and will post better , Have been reading at intervals and after op tmx not 1/4 when it will all be over so lovely ladies will try to catch up with you all have had a giggle along the way when reading on sons/ d-i-l PCs love to you all Jackie xx

dee49

Hi Ladies

Just a quick one...

The Love Hearts Granny P is a competition winner, here's a couple of links ....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_phrase_%27Granny_P%27_mean_on_candy_Love_Hearts

Yes counting down to Friday and getting really excited at my hair growing now!

Saffronseed so sorry to hear about your cat, you do get attached to them don't you.

Kanga We did it lol !!!

Sandra, no I haven't worn my wig for ages, think it was Christmas last time I did. Scarves when I go out and nothing in the house or bed, get too hot with all those flushes. How's your hair doing?

Love & Hugs to all, Nell xxx

sandra4

Hi Ladies
Oh Saffronseed, so sorry to hear about your cat! think all of us with animals found them a comfort during our treatment, so lots of strokes and treats!
The trip/treat to the theatre sounds great fun! hope you all have a lovely time.
You talking of dry hair reminds me, mine seems very dry, was wondering if you ladies have treated your hair to anything to prevent or help the dryness? if so any suggestions!

dil's Mum has probably been home from hospital for a few weeks now, and has had so many falls, she is black and blue. But still won't talk about what is wrong or accept any help, today dil had a phone call from the hospital to say she had been taken to A & E as she had fallen down the stairs, dil has been trying to get her to move from her house to a flat, but she said no. seems like they are going to keep her in until they do some more tests, but they can't say what tests!

Ok you ladies that have a good memory or the young ones, got gc's some lovehearts! remember those Heather! well they had the usual, lush lips - sweetheart - kiss me - cupid, then there was one that said Granny P!!!! lost me! anyone know what Granny P is/was? l did shout at him not to eat in case there was a £10,000 prize for whoever found a loveheart with 'granny p' on it, but he said too late, eaten it!!

Nell, coming to the end of your hiyateardrop? good riddance eh?

Hugs to one and all,
Sandra xxx

saffronseed

Hi girls nice to read all the posts sorry about the baby calf a real shame -poor thing. My cat has been diagnosed with Lukemia- she hasnt been herself for a while now and they did blood tests and thought it was her thyroids but no its cancer unfortunately. Its a real shame she was a rescue cat and a real character shes around 12ish I think but acts about 12 months! anyhow they said they could give her Chemo and or radiotheropy and went into great detail about side effects ect (it all came flooding back for me) but the vet has said that given the state of her white blood cells treatement probably won't be any good for her and she would just be uncomfortable so he suggested we just keep her comfortable and she is now on steriods. She seems ok to be honest is sitting next to me know watching me type - vet says she probably will go downhill fast - its so sad as last year when i was going through the mill she was a real comfort for me - sitting on my lap and I am sure she knew I what I was going through and followed me everywhere! So no I will pay her back and look after her. it is so sad.

anyhow good news is that have booked a girly weekend in London to see a show - my two bestest friends were so good to me during the dark days and I am treating them to a nice hotel, Mama Mia and then dinner - we are going to travel first class too so it will be a nice surprise for them! Have also got Lake District booked for easter a nice lodge on the side of windermere so that will be something to look forward too. My nephews wedding is next weekend in Newcastle so we are staying up there for a few nights too - got a posh frock (cost £350) but don't tell hubby I told him it was £35! anyhow loads going on - went to see solicitor today and signed the dotted line so now just awaiting contracts to be completed and then the bungelow is ours! We have loads of work to do on it though so the rest of the summer is going to be spend doing it up and making it liveable - quite exciting though picking new kitchens, bathrooms, conserventory etc etc - need to get the garden landscaped too... Also got to put our house up for sale at some point too - so loads on. Hair is doing ok - its still straight although curling up at the ends a bit - got some expensive conditioner today that I have to keep on all night! so gawd knows what I will look like tomorrow morning it says you don't need to wash off - and my hair will be shiney and silky - it is looking a bit dry after all the treatments and styling its had so it does need a bit of a boost... Anyhow feeling well physically and have no aches or pains and managing to keep anxieties at bay for time being. I have gone on a bit - trying to outdo Heather! Maybe I will get to page 300 or shall we save that for Maria! love to all xxxx

sandra4

Hi Girls,
Oh where does the time go!
Maria, fancy us being on page 3! hardly what you usually see on page three! hope you are relaxing in between all this work!

Heather, Hope you take a photo of the cake! can't wait to see it! hope all goes well with the wedding, not long now!! look forward to seeing the photo's on fb.
Oh and hang on to the fascinator, l will get mine out too, l hear K is getting on very well with her 'man' serious stuff when you start introducing them to your family! so we can wear our fascinators when we get an invite to the special day!!

K, really pleased everyone got on well, when are you doing your race for life? I am sure the meeting with boyfriends daughter will be fine, and you will get on with her as well as he has got along with your family. Is she similar age to Mary?

Tina, yes l agree can't get away from BC! when we went to the Dr Who Experience, which l must say was very good, we 'all' really enjoyed it! then l went into a booth which was telling you about the lady that helped record the music for the series, it went on to tell you she died of breast cancer!! l thought time to leave this booth!!

Isabelle, beautiful photo's of the little animals! how lucky you are, not sure l would say the same in the middle of winter with snow all around though! but the spring makes up for it!

Siobhan, Now come on you never finished telling the story about your job!! it is not just what you do but 'how' you do!!
Ladies, she told us someone she knows did a 'survey' on the percentage of people that survive being resuscitated on casualty and Holby! think it was about 80%, Siobhan then went on to tell us the amout of people survived when 'she' did resuscitation, think the percentage was 1%!!! have l got that right Siobhan? Lol
Hope all went well with the onc! did you have any test results to come back?

Nell, do you wear your wig much? my head feels soooo cold without my wig, even at nights l have to wear my cap!

Kanga, causing trouble on fb and you are not on there yet! still waiting to see a post from you!
As for your Mossie bites, perhaps you need one of those all in one suits! and a hood, bit like what they wear when they look after the bees!
I am sure your onc knows how mad you are, so won't question it when you ask for extra rads for the mossies!
Mmmm l love Ostrich meat, l have the burgers and sausages too, we get them from a farmers market! which reminds me we have run out!!
I am sure the mods get a great laugh from you Kanga, so they wont chuck us off!!

Think Carol is in Scotland, so up with those kilts Carol!
and Jackie will be with her gc in Scarborough, enjoying lots of cuddles

Jill, are you on facebook, probably already asked you, but there you go, l forget everything since peachy.
Oh and talking of forgetting everything, when we went to see Dr Who l was telling my Mum we were going to the O2!! when we got on the train, l asked my son which stops we were going to, as we had 3 trains to catch, l said 'thats not the 02' he said 'why are you going to the 02, when it is on at Olympa 2!!! oh well easily done!!

Garden is starting to look like someone cares about it this year!!

Hugs
Sandra xxx

jackwagstaff

oh this FB ! Talk about "Lost In Space " I feel like Mr Smith , yes Sandra I remember it well .
Have´nt seen you Nell , goodness only knows where your request is , I think I´ve found heather and isabelle , not sure who else , Oh I found my son !! That´ll shock him , told him ,"you can run , but you cannot hide .....well not from your mum anyway !"
So sad to hear about your little calf Isabelle , I get so ridiculously upset over anything to do with animals these days , cry more over them than i do for myself .

Oh I forgot to say . My bad night was actually worse than I told you , I forgot to say that the first mosquito of the year got me .I heard the blasted thing flying and buzzing around my head , tried to swot it ,but obviously could´nt see it . When I eventually did get up , it had bitten just above my eye , so i looked like my Oh had smacked me one as it was all red and swollen .
Now a very strange phenonimem (!!) I have always been the meat of mossies , don´t go near my OH . I use a cream on me every night in the summer and have electric thingies to get rid of them . BUT............. last year they never came near me . I thought this may be one of the useful side effects of Femara , it being so strong ,I figured if it can kill cancer cells it ought to be able to zap a few spanish mossies . NOT SO . I deduced that from the other night as I am of course still taking the blasted things . SO ........guess what ? I have discovered a brand new form of mossie killer ...................RADS !!! Must be , all last summer , just after finishing 25 rads I was totally mossie bite free .
I´m just wondering how topatent this brand new leapthrough in mosquito control . How to approach my onc and ask for another course of rads this summer . Any suggestions ladies ?
I´m sure you will look wonderful heather , perhaps if you wore very thin red tights that would look ok . Just watch where you stick that glue ! I would be very apprehensive to see you with glue in your hands , does´nt fill me with confidence . Don´t mix your eyelash glue with your naol glue for goodness sake !
Hey Karen , lovely to have you back , are you another FB affecado ? So glad that your personal life seems to be happy and the kids are happy wioth your new man . I love York , bet you had a super day , annd I´´m sure the kids in his school appreciated "sir " not being there to collect homnework ! Hope your health issues are controllable , and we all love ostrich´s . Had a couple of ostrich streaks from Lidle the other week , extremely tasty they were too .Join in when you feel like it , we just love to know how you are , obviously we are pretty nosey , but we care for you , as we do all ,wewant the very best for ourvirtual family , sorry i was trying to fan myself and type at the same time ........did´nt work .
Right Siobahn , you are on my list of people i definately do not want to see in a proffessional capacity !
Wish i was able to hear you on the radio Vickie , you might have to start thinking about a change in your career if you keep ggetting all these offers !
Yes , I agree with Tina , the mags and papers seem to be keeping BC in the fore . Ad Edmonson was on Loose Women the other evening and they askled him about his wife , he seemed quite reticent to say anything , I sup`pose he gets fed up with being asked .
If by keeping it high profile they make women look at their own bodies critically more often , then it can´t be bad can it ?
Hey , Maria , we are nearly on page 300 . Is´nt it incredible what has happened to us all in the last 300 pages . hard to belive it all . Off now . Yet another Fashion Show meeting tomorrow , must prepare for it , else i look a right plonker .
Trying to get my head around this FB thing , cos i expect we might get chucked off here eventually .
luvKanga

dee49

Morning Ladies,

Oh Heather the cake sounds beautiful. I really do hope you'll be ok for Saturday; you certainly are doing your best to make it. The things we have to do before we go out ehh! I can't just 'pop out' to the shop anymore, got to put my scarf on, my boob in, can only wear my walking sandals as my foots still swollen from when I fell the other week, which means I can only wear certain clothes blah, blah, blah .... What we like ehh !!!

Kanga Where are you? We're looking for you on FB! Think I found you and sent a request and did say I was Nell; hey ho we'll get there. How's the show coming along and is that meercat behaving?

Jill, Good luck with your appointments and mammo; dreading mine, think it's May 😕 Are you on FB too?

Karen, Nice to hear from you; a meet up sounds good!

Sandra Are you ok? or are you busy in your garden? You could come and do mine if you want!

Siobhan, think you're on FB? will send you a request, nice to hear from you.

Vickie Put those True Blood books down!!! But Hey, I'm as guilty as you with a good book.

Izzy you're very busy and put me to shame! Love the farming stories, keep them coming.

Sue/Carol Still galvanting eh?

Jackie Hope you're ok too? I know you're busy back at work.

Tracey if you find somebody to do the ironing can you send them here please. Thank you 🙂

Maria, Anne, Gill, Lesley, Saffie, Tina hope you are all ok and getting on with things.
I'm itching to go - can't wait until rads are over and then I'm gonna try and come back fighting and raring to go.... I hope !!!

Love & Hugs as always,

Nell xxx

heatheruk

Good morning Ladies, went for my blood test yesterday and nurse couldn't do it. My veins kept collapsing, she tried 3 times and said she couldn't try again because my arm was going to be sore. So then she said I would have to leave it till Wednesday and would I be ok to go to the hospital to have it done. This is an extra appointment I didn't really want this week because I wanted an easy week so I dont get to tired before the wedding on Saturday. Went into town yesterday and got everything else I need. Managed to get a pair of black sandles with a kitten heel that will go on my big balloon feet lol. Then I got a pair of barley black tights so you cant see my legs glowing red lol got false eye lashes, and some super glue false nail glue, I will just be carefull I dont put the nail glue on my eyes this time lol Hubby is getting on really well with the wedding cake with me supervising, we have cakes in boxes, hand made pink roses in another box. There all locked up in the spare room away from the furry thing. There must be something in the fondant that dogs like, because when hubby gets out the fondant in the kitchen Bobby has his nose in the air sniffing around. I remember years ago when I first started making flowers my aunty asked me to make her a 100 for a wedding cake she was doing. The fondant had just come out and she had never worked with it so I said I would do them. I was rushing at the last minute because the kids had been ill, so on the night I before she was going to come and pick them up in the morning I stayed up till about 2am finishing them off. Got up the next morning, I had left them on the work top to dry out, I couldn't believe it, our dog who never touched anything had got up and eaten most of them. So that morning it was rush the kids off and make some more quick lol
Isabelle,so sorry about your calf, hope all the others are ok and good luck with the lambing.
Sionban, good luck today, hope everything goes ok.
Karen glad things are going with Carl, enjoy yorself you deserve it.
Vickie, on the radio again, your our baby celebratie.
Maria, glad you had a good day on Sunday think it was, it is great isn't it when we have a good day. Before BC all my days where fairly good, I had the other probs but I had learnt how to cope with them. But when you have a bad day after BC it is so hard to get out of it, at least we have some sunny days coming up, everything looks better in the sun 🙂
Jill, good luck today with the mammo, and good luck with your appointment in April.
Kanga, hope youve had a couple of good nights, are you on face book yet? if so let me know then I can add you.
Dee, fish and chips on Blackpool front, my idea have heaven. Love chips at the seaside. Summers coming so by the time its warm and sunny you may be able to go on the silver dream machine.
Anne, I will look for you on face book
Sandra, bet your out in that garden busy in your garden, did you have a good day with DR Who ?
Well ladies I am going to do some course work now, have a good day,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxxx

taxi73

good luck at oncology tommorrow Gerbera...

taxi73

that sounds great Karen ..lovely that they are all getting along.

kayh317

Hi, it's me !!!

Firstly an apology that I have been AWOL and secondly am not going to talk about difficult things !!

Have had a lovely few days. Last Wednesday Glen and Ruth asked if they could come over, was a little unsure as Carl (new man for anyone who doesn't know) was coming over and wasn't sure I wanted him to meet Glen. Then Adam asked if he could come over. anyway long story short. Adam, Glen and Ruth were all here when I got home from work. Was a beautiful day so Adam and I were sat with a glass of wine on the patio and the others were on the trampoline. Carl arrived and met the mad bunch. Was going to cook chilli but Adam and Carl ganged up on me and we ended up with takeaway curry.Guess who paid !!!!! Told Carl he had to go and get some wine and he said to glen that he had to show him where to go so they went and had quite a conversation. Brilliant evening.

Then Friday Mary managed to rip the radiator off her bedroom wall and "my knight in shining armour" turned up with tool kit and sorted it. Anyway he stayed all weekend (Mary was at her Dad's) and we had a great time.

Today he bunked of school (Carl is a teacher) and we went to York for the day. Had a great time and will be seeing him again on Friday.

He is very intuitive and experienced in teaching kids with special needs so has definitely got Glen's number. I was very concerned about him meeting the kids but it didn't faze him at all and he seems to have a knack to get them talking. He says he likes them all and recognises the special relationship that I have with each of them.

He wants me to meet his daughter on 8th April. Very nervous about that. She lives in Manchester so maybe I could arrange to meet Manchester BCC girls as well. That would be great !

Anyway yet another apology as I haven't caught up with everyones posts but promise I will. coming on here to share my news was very spur of the moment as am struggling with health so have been doing a damn good impression of an ostrich.

Sending you all lots of love and hugs.

Karen xxx

Gerbera

Hi all,

Thanks very much for all the welcomes, you've been lovely! Have been having laptop problems so finally managed to post after a few attempts last couple of days if you are reading this!
Gill, hope you had a lovely week-end after your great results on Fri.
Isabelle - have been following whats been happening on your farm...really sorry to hear the poor little calf didn't make it. My parents are Irish and we used to spend lots of holidays in Ireland as a child, and we used to love going to the farm next to my nan's to see the calves and lambs. Sounds like you have got your hands full with the farm and work at mo. Great to read about your good scan results.
Sandra, you did make me laugh when you said about my job...not sure whether you made it sound intriguing or just scary!!! I'm a nurse, and work in resuscitation so it's a fair comment that I'm not some-one people want to need to see!
Maria, glad you have had a good day today - I know what you and Jill mean about the post-work naps, have had a share of those too!!
Vickie, well done on the radio interviews - v exciting! Let me know if you get any takers for ironing volunteering, I've got a nice big pile I'm trying to ignore and hoping for the ironing fairy to visit...!
Have got oncology appt tomorrow, so back to breast clinic - eek..always get a bit edgy going back there...
Hope everyone has been enjoying the nice weather.
Take care,
Siobhan x

izzypal

Hi Maria,
Everyone seems to be on fb tonight I think all of the
embarking ladies will have a fb page soon. Glad to hear that your doing ok energy wise now your back at work. Don't do too much all at once, take it easy. I've just been outside checking on a new arrival, our 1st Leicester lamb was born today, he's tiny, took his picture will have to put it on fb tommorrow. We also have a new calf today.
I hope everyone has had a good day.

Big hugs to all,

Isabelle xxx

taxi73

Maria..just sent you a private message.don't know whether I've done it right

Silver10

Hi Vickie,

I've just done a mountain of ironing. I expect Maria could have seen it from Switzerland! Sorry but I can't do any more.

Good luck with the interview.

Jill

tors

Hi everyone. Might be on the radio again, look good feel better have phoned to ask me to be interviewed as they are doing some publicity and want someone who has been to a session to say their bit. I'll let you all know. Glad your energy is on the up maria. It must be so hard to get back to normal with work, well done for getting on with it. I've lost track of who is where, carol and sue are away??!??

Right, just wanted to pop in and say hi. Back to tidying up now. Anyone fancy doung some ironing for me? The pile is looking reminiscent of the leaning tower of pisa!

Love to all

vickie
x

Tina45

Good to hear your energy was better, Maria! I think with the lighter evenings coming and a bit warmer weather, hopefully it will give us all a bit of a boost. Does everyone else think there are so many breast cancer news on the telly recently? Just can't get away from the subject.... Happy to get requests on FB, too. Hugs to all. Tinaxx

marial

Hey Ladies, we were back to page 3 !!
How are you all.
I had a good day. I was at work and did not need to sleep when I got home !! Wow, how we measure good days now !!
Anne, I'll be your friend on fb, just let me know who you are with a pm.
Isabelle, sorry about the calf, it sounds like you get busier and busier, how do you do it ?
Little Nell, sorry you couldn't go out on the bike, but great to think it was because of OH and not your health.
Kanga, I look forward to being your friend on fb, just let me know when you are sorted. Sorry to hear about your bad night. Did your clocks go forward too ?
Jill , thinking about you tomorrow, lets hope you get good results like Isabelle and Gill
Heather, I hope you are feeling better
Hugs to you all
Maria

taxi73

Thanks to Sandra...I have a couple of you and sent me some suggested friends so you all have requests

taxi73

I have just sent Izzy and Sandra FB requests...couldn't find how to add Dee.
Am pretty sure I have sent it right for sandra and 90% that I have the right Izzy.
have sent you pms here as well with my name.

izzypal

Hello Ladies,
Sorry to say the little calf did'nt make it, he died last night, god bless him.
We will start lambing by the end off this week I think, just to keep us busy. Denise, pleased to see your back out on the bike, it's been a loverly day today, long may it last.
I've even been out doing a bit of work in the garden, I also put the table and chairs outside a bit premature maybe but I am showing willing, better than last year...
I hope everyone has had a good weekend, I'm working extra this week as the husband of one of my clients is going on holiday, we have to cover shifts from 7am until 10.15pm and I think I've got about 4 or 5 late nights to work, it will keep me busy and help pay for my hols in June.
Take care all,

Isabelle xxx

dee49

No just looked; think it might be who you said Sandra well hope it is cos I've just sent a request to her too!

dee49

Sandra I think it might be Anne?