370085posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

danjo

Re: Embarking on an adventure, you are welcome to tag along

Aw Karen, hope you have a lovely holiday and put you problems to the back of your mind for a little while. your Carl sounds just the ticket!! chocolate cake of course, I volunteer my secret Choc cake recipe and Heather can design the decorating and her OH do the job-sorted!
Dee, so your son is going to be a geography teacher then? hope you have regained your dignity!
Heather, green nails ugghhh. are you turning into a Goth! or could you be turning into Grotbags, didn't she have green nails-remenber Grotbags in the windmill? 2 poached eggs deffo.
sorry about my very annoying bride & groom, can't get rid of them, rang the helpline this morning but no technics available. so they will have to stay till then.

Love Carol xx

dee49

Hi again Ladies.....

Karen so nice to hear from you! Carl sounds fab hang on to him love and don't forget his teddy!

Have a lovely time on your cruise, wish we could come with you!

Sorry to hear about the cr@p time you're having health wise; you know we will always be there for you and I really, really hope the outcome is good.

As for the Race for Life I'm doing it too, so glad you mentioned it - and I'm like you, don't want people to feel pressured etc into sponsoring me and I know our Vickie is doing well funding wise and she's put so much hard work into it and she's our baby too - so I would rather people give to her.

SO EVERYBODY - when I put my "Race for Life" post on FB - You don't have to sponsor me and it's not aimed at you........

Hope the message is clear!

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

kayh317

Right you cheeky lot how dare you arrange my wedding without telling me !!!

Sorry for being quiet but have had a pretty crap few weeks health wise and I was being an ostrich !! Am waiting for results of 2 biopsies as there are suspicious cells in my already manky boob and also having to have a bone scan as suspicious blood test results. Bone scan 6th May results of scan and biopsies 12th May Right that's it nothing more about my health !!

Glen and Ruth are on the verge of splitting up so have been trying to deal with that too.

Mary and I are off to America and the cruise on Tuesday (against my consultants wishes but sod it) so won't be around for a couple of weeks so sending you all early Easter wishes and hoping that you are all doing OK.

Carl is still very much in my life and has been brilliant with me being ill again and YES he has asked me to marry him despite him not finding the tortoise. Early days yet but he is a lovely guy and of course you are all invited and the colour scheme will be blue so get looking for frocks, fascinators etc etc Hen weekend at Maria's sounds just the thing. Maria where would we fly into ??

Carl has given me a teddy wearing a blue tie which I have to take on holiday with me to remind me of him !!

I only had a quick flick through everyone's posts as Sandra grassed you up on facebook to me so apologies that I haven't sent individual posts

When I get back from holiday I will set up a sponsor link on facebook for race for life as Sandra is nagging me but please don't feel you have to sponsor me as I won't be able to sponsor everyone I know that is raising money or I will be bankrupt. Obviously our baby Vickie is an exception as well as exceptional !!!

I will try to get back on before I go away but it's manic here at the moment.

Sending you all love and hugs and thank you for helping with the preparations. Perhaps while I am away you could decide what sort of cake it should be and how to decorate it considering the colour scheme.

Karen xxx

dee49

Oh Yes and a very late Ps....

Sandra I think you were looking for some tops? Are you handy with a needled and thread? Well I bought three strappy ones from M & S with a built in bra (not the support top kind) and put my own pockets in and they look really good. Other than that have you looked at the the ones from Amoena/Nicola Jane?

Just a thought,

Love Nell xxx

dee49

Morning Ladies

Oh gosh Heather I think we should be sisters..... I fell out of the shed this week! How do you do that? Get the OH to leave the strimmer by the door with the shoulder strap dangling and it's easy!!! Anyway nothing hurt other than my pride. Love him really 😉

Must dash, have another geography lesson to attend tutored by my son... oh and I failed as I couldn't name the 12 countries surrounding Russia (without googling) - How many can you get? Answers on a postcard please.....

Have a lovely weekend everybody, wherever you are, whoever you're with and whhatever you're doing.

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

heatheruk

Good morning ladies, sorry I have been missing but I have been hovering. I have had a big assighnment to get finished for my course, that went on Thursday. I had to rush it though because haven't been feeling to good, legs still driving me mad, but had to spend some time in Banbury because FIL had his op on tuesday to remove the tumor on his bladder. He had to have a catheter put on, then has soon has he had the op done they filled his bladder with chemo. Then the following morning they cleaned out the bladder with saline solution, and filled it full of chemo again, we just have to wait for his results now. Then MIl went for a scan on her pancreas on Wednesday morning, she gets those results next week. She as not been looking well all week, she as had a cold so hopefully its the cold that is making her look poorly.
Well I have read all your posts seems like your all do really well. Who is getting married? can I come? I have got my outfit sorted. We haven't had the proper photos for the wedding yet, but as soon as we get them I will put one on here.
Vickie I will go on FB and find out how to sponser you this week, you seem to be doing really well with your running.
Sandra loved the sound of the girly day, besides everything else that is happening I am having problems with you know who.
Isabelle, how is the lambing coming along, we saw some playing in a field near us the other day, they look so cute.
Carol, congrats on your wedding anniversary, 2 poached eggs for you tomorrow lol
Pam, I love that picture of you, it reminds me of that famous picture of princess Diana sitting outside the taj mahal. Hey I am getting so much better, when I came to spell Taj Mahal thought better check on google, and I had got one letter wrong.
Dee, seen your pic on FB, your hair is coming along nicely now.
Jackie, hope your wound is ok now, it must have been going on for nearly 12 months now! hey why have we still not got a pic of Kanga?
Siobhan, Loved your post, glad you are keeping up with us. Thanks for asking about my legs, still looks like I am wearing football socks lol
Suze, hope your having fun with you grandbabies, you have chosen a nice weekend, you can play outside.
Maria, can I come to the hen night please? whoevers it is lol I am confused.
Well ladies if I have missed anyone sorry, thought I better tell you about my incident this week. When I went to the wedding I put on false nails because my nails are awful. I bought this nail glue from boots, it was called super nail glue. So put them on and they stayed on really well. Then they started to come off, so it said soak them in nail polish remover to get them off. I did this last week, and guess what? 3 finger nails on my left hand are green, and I mean green, dark mouldy green. So showed them hubby, I asked him what he thought it was, so he googled it. Apparently some nail glue you can be allergic to and it turns your nails green. It is a bacterial infection, and if they got worse, or started to hurt me I had got to see a doctor. Wow I cant do anything right can I lol they really are still an horrible colour, they look like I have trapped my fingers in a door or something. you will be pleased to know I have thrown the glue away, it was a good job I didn't put it on my eyes lol
Well have a great weekend everybody,
Love Heather,
xxxxxxxxxxx

tors

P3sutmp

( page 3 slippage urgent thread maintenance post)

dee49

Oh Gosh, Thanks Pam for that, really appreaciate it x

My breast consultant is doing the recon as he is (as I believe) one of the few in the country that is also qualified as a PS so guess I'm lucky to have got him - NHS too; but I bet he has a long waiting list too.....

I hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Petal5

Hi all. Well done on the 300! Trust Vickie!
Nell I saw that you were thinking of recon and as I am a bit ahead of you thought you might want to know that my surgeon said the same about waiting for twelve months after rads but be aware that if you are nhs there will most likely be a waiting list. This seems to vary considerably around the country. In my area I have be told six months but I know Siobhan has been told longer and some over a year. It is of course seen as non urgent surgery. So what I did was got my referral to a plastic surgeon at my six month check up and I'm now on his list and fingers crossed that I can get it done at the end of August which would be my one year from rads. I can't wait, hate being lopsided and without a cleavage!
Love to all and if there is any room on the hen do would love to come. Pam x

dee49

PS Kanga where are you?

dee49

Morning Ladies,

Yes Hugs all round ladies and congrats again to Maria for getting us here and V you're a very naughty girl ...... but with a good heart 🙂

Sandra my bcn said it would be at least six months but more likely 12months before they consider/do the recon as they like the skin to settle down after rads; I'm ok with that as would rather wait for a better result!
Oh btw, Could you come and clean my house for me? As my energy levels are increasing so is my eyesight when it comes to the house and what needs doing - arggh.... too much decorating to do!!!!

Yes think the bridesmaids should be the little ones; I'll just get a nice 'frock' instead. Anybody know what the colour scheme is so we don't clash on the photos?

Gotta go, son just up and on his way down....

Love & Hugs, Nell xx

marial

Thanks Vickie, If we are not careful we will loose our number 2 spot for cheating !! And yes I do mow my lawn, moving it is just too hard work.......
Hope everyone is going to have a good day
Hugs all round Maria

tors

Would you credit it? I seem to have tipped us onto p300!

Many happy returns to yr page maria

tors

D'oh!

Anyways, why did nick clegg cross the road???

Bwcause he promised not to!

V

tors

Page 300?

Now who would try to steal page 300 like that sue?

Thats just terrible behaviour.

Morning all!

Love
vickie
x

salsasuzi

ohhh I thougt I may have gone to page 300

salsasuzi

A quick hi from Southampton, grandbabies are bathed fed and been fast asleep for hours....not lost my touch I am very relieved to discover 🙂
Carol I have an outfit you could borrow but not in time for tomorrow

Maria I think you were talking about mowing your grass not moving it!!!! Crikey hunny if you were moving it I would have to move your enegey score from 75% to about 3000%
ok gonna go to sleep cos dunno what time the boys will be awake

nite nite all
Hugs for everyone
Suze xx

sandra4

Good to see the thread is picking up!! thought it was fading slightly, but now a wedding to look forward to and arrange!

Carol, can you tell your 'couple' to stop walking over your words!
Oh Herceptin day! at least it isn't as bad as peachy, but must be a pain! just want to get it over with! but hey as long as it does it's job! Got a red scarf you can borrow, in case they send the bulls in!
Been looking at bikes, want a purple one like yours! l remember the last time l looked l found one l liked, but can't find it now, and cant remember what make it was!! silly me!

Oh Maria 75% sounds good to me,l am probably 75% up to doing my housework! had a potter in the garden, well in Toby's garden made him some hiding places and planted some more weeds!!
Well with you doing your kitchen for us last year, and this year your garden, what are you going to do when we really come next year?

Jackie, No l never saw the Egyptian Tortoise! Did you see it's 'mummy'!!!!!
You reminded me l also got two different tax codes in the same envelope! was going to phone, then decided to leave it to my brother, he does the finishing touches to my accounts, so give him something to do! Good luck with the stitches, lets hope this it is the last of it!

Suze, Not sure we need to involve K at this stage!! thought it would be a good idea to do one of those 'don't tell the bride' on the tv, l think they arrange it all for her!! so l have had a 'chat' to her intended on fb and he has agreed to start the wedding arrangements!(joking K!)

Tried a couple of bridesmaids dresses on today, and decided it is not for me! so l will be a guest and leave the bridesmaids to Mary and intended's daughter, they will probably look prettier!

Nell you sound like you had a good day, well done, have you spoken to the hospital about a reconstruction yet?

Walked into the paper shop this morning and the lady that owns it was talking to a customer and crying, seems she had been telling her about me, and got upset!! l told her she is supposed to cheer me up not the other way round!!

Went shopping again! found two nice dresses (not wedding material!)
and a couple of tops, and tops and trousers for gs's and a beautiful dress for gd, such lovely clothes for children these days
Then went to look for a pub with a nice play area in for the gc. found one we haven't been to before, so l have booked up for Sunday.

Car smelt lovely when l got in it this morning! smelt almost new!! will have to get it spring cleaned more often!

Poor little Bailey has been sick all night, not that l knew anything about it, OH said he got up half a dozen times! he has slept most of the day, spoke to the vet he said to take him in tomorrow if he is no better. He seems a little happier tonight.

I slept like a log last night, not sure what that was about, must have been 11 hours can't remember the last time l slept like that, well yes perhaps l can, before bc!!

'They' said it was going to be sunny from tomorrow, so that sounds nice!
Sandra xxx

izzypal

Oops!!!

Isabelle xxx

izzypal

Hi Ladies,
Denise, i'm pleased to hear you've had such a good day, it's loverly to get back to see friends and workmates, at a time like this you find who your real friends are, take it easy xxx
Carol, happy anniversary, hope you have had a loverly day with your OH.
I've got gc here from yesterday afternoon until Sat evening, they are loverly but can be hard work, I feel worn out and glad their in bed now. OH has already gone to bed as he has to get up through the night to check on the cattle in case any start calving.
Maria, looking forward to the hen weekend lol hope Karen knows about it by now!!!

Thinking of you all,

Lots of hugs,

Isabelle xxx

danjo

Nell, I have thanked you on FB for your kind thoughts. felt very sleepy tired today, think it's the Herceptin kicking in, I was full of energy yesterday, the day after! hopefully energy level will be back up tomorrow. going to hairdresser with my organic hair colour for her to put it on for me. then last Spanish lesson. some one is bringing food and we have to pretend to be in a resaurant and order in Spanish, goodness knows what I will get!!! also local paper coming to take a photo. anyone got a flamenco outfit I can borrow, we're supposed to dress up!!!

Carolxxx

dee49

Evening Ladies,

Carol just FB'd you to wish you a happy wedding anniversary but done it here now too....

Gosh I've had a busy day today, albeit probably not as busy as Sandra's the other day and no I didn't get anybody to valet my car either 😞 OH usually takes it to the car wash for me and got some funny looks last week when he took it in with the roof down lol....

Anyway, left this morning at 10am for hospital appt, got out at 12:30 then called into work to see my colleagues, then went to see my mum and dad, then to my aunts and then to my bf and got home at 6:30 and straight on here but very tired..... been a good test really as wanted to see how far I could push my energy levels without sleeping - tomorrow I will find out perhaps!!!
Got a lovely reception in work, all hustling and bustling around me, lots of hugs, a few tears, but lots of laughter too and everybody commenting on how well I look (told them it was the LGFB make up)and sounding so positive and lots of nice comments about my hair too, you how it suits me short etc, as they've only known me with long hair. My bf was over the moon when I dropped in on her and we had a really good natter and as usual with her lots of laughs too; she really has been a rock for me and not just through all this either.

Gosh I only meant this to be a short post as I need a snooze before OH comes home .......

It looks like everybody is doing ok and in good spirits, but yes Suze I am worried about Heather and K too; especially as it's K's hen party that we're arranging.....

REALLY hope everybody is ok; just wanted to share my good feeling with you all.

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

danjo

where are you moving the lawn to, Maria? is it an astroturf one that you can roll up? ha ha. yes-LOTS of booze, lets forget BC for a bit.
Jaquie, where in Lancs? my posh wedding is in Pot Shrigley, there's posh for a start. did you say Bude?? we lived there from 1983 to 1986, had a guest house on Burn View opp the golf course, which church is you wedding at? so pleased your opp is healing well.
Suze, enjoy your time with your grandkids. we are off to IOW via Southampton end of May.you could send the dog to Sandra for a shampoo & set!!

38th wedding anniversary today!! OH feeling very quilty as he never remembers. taking me out to lunch, though, quess where? yes a garden centre, hopefully I will find something he can buy me in lieu of a card

have a good day

Carol xx

marial

OK girls, Hen party at mine just after stowaway on suze cruise. I'll get some booze in.
Otherwise, just to let you know I am on the mend, I think I could work 75% now, but will not do that until after Easter. The weather is cold again here, we even had snow yesterday morning, but at least with the colder weather I do not need to have to move the lawn yet, and anyway there is some missing as I had the steps up the side of the house re-done and a lot of grass was dug up in the process. I hope to have it sorted by the time you lot arrive.
Hope all is well with you
Hugs Maria xx

izzypal

Would'nt it be great to have a hen party and a wedding to go to ? Karen where are you, we need to get the show on the road, so to speak lol.
Jackie, glad to hear that your healing well, not before time, hope all goes well xxx

Hugs and best wishes to all

Isabelle xxx

salsasuzi

Well the wedding preparations seem to be coming together nicely.....does K know yet?????

As well as preps for the next biggest wedding of the year we are all spring cleaning, I also had my car valeted for the first time ever and I was paid a visit by 2 cleaning ladies who made my home sparkle so I am a happy easter bunny because everything is gleaming now 🙂 dog still needs to be bathed yet though.

Off to southampton at the weekend to visit my grandbabies and babysit for daughters birthday...gonna have a fab time being granny :-))

Carol well done on the Herceptins and the plantings Muy bien mi amiga. Posh wedding...well it can't be the royal one cos that's in April unless it's Zara's.... I wonder

Hen do at Marias....woopeee...back to the mountains and all that clean fresh air fab :-))))we must be very good though because Maria will actually be there too this time.

Kanga and Heather are quiet at the mo...Jackie are you sure they were nothing to do with police marksmen??

ok off to do some jobs then beddy byes

nite all Suze xxxxxxx

Sandra well done on getting the figures right for last year....we will allow you a 20p leaway even if the IR don't

huh...Sandra bit was typed with other stuff but appears under my goodnight!!! is this a new thing on the forum? random swapping around of typing?

libby_2010

A hen night how brill hope it does not clash with the Suze cruise. Jxx

libby_2010

Well looks like we are on for a wedding then where is your posh one Carol? I am going to one late July in Bude.
Sandra glad you are all sorted can you come over to me next. BTW did you see the tiny Eygptian tortoise that hatched out at Whipsnade?
Am very tired at the mo, work really full on and on Tues there were armed police and dogs,helicopters and the media circus outside my office base.( Nothing to do with me and Kanga or Heather) My colleague and I both Lancs lasses decided that as the shootings had taken place outside the chippy across the road someone had been given petit pois at the chippy instead of mushy peas (happens all the time here wrong peas that is not shootings)
Well 3 cheers to HMRC then. I have now got 6 different tax codes for next whoops this year and 2 of them arrived in the same envelope.).) saves on postage I suppose.And I am on PAYE so am perplexed as to why that happened DWP wrecking my income with their incompetence re ESA I expect.
Now must go and choose some feathers for my fascinator, oh and stitches out tomorrow. The wound looked really good last Thurs when the lovely practice nurse re did the dressing. I was lying there eyes closed as the last time it looked awful and was pouring pus.So when she squealed and said oh look I opened one eye and looked and it is healing well very clean all the colours of the rainbow but healing. No sign of polyfilla either. Fingers crossed. OOh found my lost post Night night all Love J xx

libby_2010

Blinking 'eck just shot a post into the ether. NEED to remember to copy and paste from a windows anyway cream crackered now and we are nearly at page 300 so will keep reading and will come back and tell you about the police marksmen outside my office soon ( and no neither Kanga or heather were there lol.J xx

danjo

poor, put upon Maria! hosting a hen do now. Karen's gone quiet-do you think she has quessed something's up? planning her wedding for her?
I take my car to be washed, can't do the bending and stretching any more-that's my excuse anyway, better things to do.
not buying Easter eggs this year-daughter wants me to make her some angel wings earings instead.
fancy underpaying by 20p!! I had a bill for £398 from Mr Tax man. still waiting for a reply to my protest letter.
Today I made an anniversary card for OH, went swimming, planted the last of the onion sets and a row of leaf beet.
did you put Toby in with the dogs??bet that would be fun.
Herceptin No. 7 done and feel fine, back not playing up at the mo.
have to go dress hunting as we have a "posh" wedding in July

xxx

sandra4

K, think we need to talk about bridesmaids dresses soon!!

Maria perhaps you should organise the hen weekend, seeing it is at yours!!

Spent all yesterday catching up with paperwork for the shop and end of year rubbish for the tax office!
Made an 'error' of underpayment of 20p! heaven forbid! better get it paid or l will have interest on top of that!! with all that went on last year l was surprised that was the only error!!

This morning l have been shopping! got some lovely skirts and found some tops that weren't too low! couldn't find any dresses though, so will keep looking!

Also got gc's easter eggs, so that is done! felt quite organised.

Came home and gave the dogs a bath! they wasn't very impressed, but needs must!

Mr Sainsburys is delivering my shopping between 5-6pm so that is sorted.

Housework all done! well as much as l am going to do anyway!

Mr Valet man is coming to give my car a spring clean! needs a good clean after months of taking gc to school!! and he is cheap, bless him, does a fab job!so l am not being lazy! well perhaps l am!

Toby has a clean house too! and had a bath! well a paddle really!

Time for a coffee!
xxx

dee49

I'm in for the Hen weekend too; maybe a visit to the Swiss Alps again?

Edit: Love the dancing Bride Sandra 😉

danjo

hen weekend and fascinator-whoopie:.)

pina_c

Hen weekend - yes please 🙂

Gerbera

Fab, a hen week-end too...!!

sandra4

Wonder how many bridesmaids K will have? how many of us are there!!

izzypal

A good excuse for a get together at last !!!

tors

Cool, where we off for the hen weekend?

Gerbera

Oooh, do I hear wedding bells! x

libby_2010

Now shall I have a new hat or a fascinator? Heather what do you think missed your pics on FB Jxx

sandra4

Oh a wedding! how exciting!
xxx

marial

K, Does this mean you will marry Carl ?

izzypal

Great news Karen xxx

kayh317

A very quick post to say that Tortilla is home.

Be back soon

K x

dee49

Afternoon Ladies

Maria, I think a few of us are already batty aren't we; but Yes let's hope we are still all together for many, many years to come x

Isabelle ((hugs)) for today x

Didn't get out on the bike as it needs a new tyre - but it's all nice and shiny and raring to go!

Been busy trying to get things sorted for holiday and getting so tired so easily but so much to do; and you know what men are like - suitcases pack themselves don't they....

Well must get back to the ironing...

So from one batty lady to a few others.....

Love & Hugs, Nell xxx

salsasuzi

awwwww 250 lambs....that's fablambydosie :-)))

anniversaries...up until last year we only had maybe a couple of anniversaries (birthday/wedding)...now we have an anniversary practically everyday at the moment for some event or other...bc related, it does leave you feeling very vulnerable for sure.

Karen hope tortilla has turned up.
ok gotta fly cos at physio in the morning at 8.30 so must get some sleep....tired today as daughter drove my grandbabies up for the weekend from Southampton so it was fun fun fun all the way as they stayed with me :-))))))))))))))))))))...happy granny
Suze xxxx

izzypal

The've all got a smile on their faces lol!!!

Isabelle xxx

sandra4

Isabelle, 10 very Happy Rams, albeit tired!

izzypal

Maria, we have 10 rams who have all worked very hard to produce all of our loverly little lambs, We now have about 250 lambs according to the boss (OH).

Hugs,

Isabelle xxx

marial

Hi Vickie, goodness page 4.....but it means we are busy doing other things.............. I hope you feel better than last night. I'm never on that late, but then I go to bed early and we are an hour ahead here. I see form fb that I was not the only one who found it difficult to work out how to sponsor you
Sandra, I see you are planning even more stuff to keep yourself busy, no wonder we get to page 4. Have we really been speaking for a year now, you and everyone else saved my sanity then.
Siobhan, I hope you will continue with your mammoth posts, we need to know as much about you as you know about us.
Isabelle, Are all the lambs fathered by the same ram ? I am glad you still have time to come here, when life is so hectic. Let's hope we are still around in 10. 20, 30 or more years and make this thread the longest running thread, and we are all batty old ladies with funny old hats, and bc is in the distant and almost forgotten past.
I think although we are all feeling better, anniversary time is not always easy and we are vulnerable. Anniversary of tests, diagnosis, op, start of peachy, start of hiya teardrop, finished treatments. What about the waiting that was the worst of all, and that has not finished......waiting for check up tests and results are on going.
Sweet dreams, girls
Love Maria